Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many threads and some debate over NXT. It seems that for every admirer of NXT, it has its critics. Aside from the debate, I think there is a question as to what people really expected with NXT. Only a company like Megs could generate this much anticipation of a new release. Megs has a very good and broad line of pro products with a loyal following. Meguiars just didnt have a notable premium wax that garnered the attention of enthusiasts. This is in reference to the likes of P21S or Zaino, etc. Meguiars has had a very hard time competing with other waxes. Megs #26 is good stuff but is taking a back seat to waxes like Souveran and S100. Especially in application,removal and staining. MPPP is a good sealant but falls short of Klasse and UPP in apprearance for most critics. Add to that, the number of so called "bathtubber" products like ClearKote and Poorboys, that offer outstanding products. It was imperative that Meguiars respond to these new demands. Thats what they did.

When we first heard word of "Lab Sample whatever" from Mike Phillips, we were so much as told that this would be the most of everything that Megs has ever offered in a LSP. He never claimed it would be better than what we were using from other manufacturers. But that was the impression many of us got in his enthusiasm about it. Discussion quickly turned to hype among those that were eager to brag about having early test samples and then over dramatizing its merits. Mike eluded that it was the best LSP that he had used. Remember, Mike works for and uses Megs, so that was his point of reference. It probably was the best he had used, since Megs has nothing better. In his excitement, I think we got the idea that NXT would be a new level not achieved before from any wax. NXT is certainly a very good product...for Megs, but I think we were all expecting a new level, above the products that we were already using. In my opinion, Meguiars is only now, finally offering a wax on par with other top waxes. Its not bad. Its not great. Its just another good wax. It doesnt even come close to revolutionizing the wax trade. However I can understand Meguiars excitement at both, having come into this decade, and getting so much publicity at our expense. It all makes me laugh.

Hey, its only a few bucks for a lot of entertainment. Buy it...try it... and debate it. Then you can post your "review", argue and become an internet legend. Even if you are just someones car maid by day....

That drama alone is worth the 15 bucks for the price of admission.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    1) I agree the hot stove league stuff is as much fun as using the products.

2) In that spirit, see my pics in C&B. I don`t think another product could do better. I think there might be other products that can do as well, but not better.

It falls right into the high end stuff; it`s like Sony competing with Audio Research. The revolutionary thing isn`t that it`s the best, the revolutionary thing is that you can buy it at WalMart for $15 and compete with the best.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    VERY true.

Post Thanks / Like
    The revolutionary thing isn`t that it`s the best, the revolutionary thing is that you can buy it at WalMart for $15 and compete with the best

Very well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some people also overlooked that in most cases, Mike was properly prepping the paint prior to using NXT.

I like how NXT looks on a wide variety of colors, it is relatively easy to use (but not like wipe on, wipe off products like S100 or CMW) and a few hours after application, it feels very slick.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

1)The revolutionary thing isn`t that it`s the best, the revolutionary thing is that you can buy it at WalMart for $15 and compete with the best.
    I`m not sure thats exactly revolutionary. In my opinion Megs just released more of the same(UPP), not some innovative new product. Polymers have been done by many companies before. Including Megs. They could have put their previous best, like MPPP on every shelf out there. But they didnt. If this was their best yet, why did they put it in an ultra cool, hip hop bottle with a fast and furious label, and stick it on the shelves of every VatoZone in north America? Their best has always been reserved for the tan bottles in the pro line....except this time. It just kinda makes me wonder if some products, like GC, arent best marketed to the less descriminating. Price and packaging seems to be more important than product performance, to the uninformed.(GC is Megs largest selling wax). It also occurs to me that placing beta samples in the right hands could generate "wax envy" and widespread internet threads among wax enthusiasts. If you did this on the right sites, you might even start a self-driven consumer campaign that spreads like a virus out of control, to every car related site on the internet. I dunno, its all speculative.

I wonder if there would be as much talk if UPP was available at Wally World. I mean, think about it. What if you could get quality products like say....oh.... Eagle One at every Discount Auto Parts? I wonder if we would be as equally impressed and talking about it, in thread after thread.

I just like to give credit where its due. Some buinesses are just plain better at marketing than others. They can make a decent product thats been done by others, and turn it into something bigger than life. What will be the next future generation product? Round foam applicators?

Its between heats of the Bud Shootout. Im just rambling...
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much of this board has to deal with personal preference. One veteran autopia known for their awesome work may do something and love a product, and another may do something a little different and not like the product. Maybe the person`s first imrpessions of the smell gave them low expectations of the product.

My only gripe with Mike pushing the product is he made it seem like it would "fill" swirls to an extent. It was somewhat misleading because nobody on the board has experienced this quality, but again: the paint should be in good condition before you apply a protectant.

NXT was hyped. But I do believe that much of the results have to do with what somebody likes and not if it`s a good or bad product. All of these products are so good that it comes down to what the user likes. It`s their money, afterall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

I`m not sure thats exactly revolutionary. In my opinion Megs just released more of the same(UPP), not some innovative new product. Polymers have been done by many companies before. Including Megs. They could have put their previous best, like MPPP on every shelf out there. But they didnt. If this was their best yet, why did they put it in an ultra cool, hip hop bottle with a fast and furious label, and stick it on the shelves of every VatoZone in north America? Their best has always been reserved for the tan bottles in the pro line....except this time. It just kinda makes me wonder if some products, like GC, arent best marketed to the less descriminating. Price and packaging seems to be more important than product performance, to the uninformed.(GC is Megs largest selling wax). It also occurs to me that placing beta samples in the right hands could generate "wax envy" and widespread internet threads among wax enthusiasts. If you did this on the right sites, you might even start a self-driven consumer campain that spreads like a virus out of control, to every car related site on the internet. I dunno, its all speculative.

I wonder if there would be as much talk if UPP was available at Wally World. I mean, think about it. What if you could get quality products like say....oh.... Eagle One at every Discount Auto Parts? I wonder if we would be as equally impressed and talking about it, in thread after thread.

I just like to give credit where its due. Some buinesses are just plain better at marketing than others. They can make a decent product thats been done by others, and turn it into something bigger than life. What will be the next future generation product? Round foam applicators?

Its between heats of the Bud Shootout. Im just rambling...

Ahhhh.... see? I knew that after a short while people would start to get the plot. Lots of excellent observations in your post, made by someone who is both paying attention and using their brain instead of letting someone else think for them.

It was good to see a Ford and DJ win that race. He certainly needed it after last year. I watched the race closely and I think I saw a little bit of real racing going on. Looks like new rules are helping a bit.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Bret. I refuse to believe its just hype. Nothing could be as calculated as that. I must be completely wrong. Perhaps a delayed LSD dillusion. I dont want to be unpopular and admit that I cant see the Emporor`s new clothes. I guess tomorrow, Ill go out there and try again. I`ll follow BWs example. I`ll wash, wetsand, wash, clay, wash, DACP, wash, #9, Menz Final, AIO, PwC, VM, NXT, SG then Soveran. I`ll bet my NXT will shine to perfection and last for months. Gotta love that new NXT.

Note: NXT is posted in bold print to assist those that are doing hours of endless post searches for information about NXT in order to feed their insatiable hunger for the Next Generation of miracle in a bottle.

Viva NXT !!!
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Bret. I refuse to believe its just hype. Nothing could be as calculated as that. I must be completely wrong. Perhaps a delayed LSD dillusion. I dont want to be unpopular and admit that I cant see the Emporor`s new clothes. I guess tomorrow, Ill go out there and try again. I`ll follow BWs example. I`ll wash, wetsand, wash, clay, wash, DACP, wash, #9, Menz Final, AIO, PwC, VM, NXT, SG then Soveran. I`ll bet my NXT will shine to perfection and last for months. Gotta love that new NXT.

Note: NXT is posted in bold print to assist those that are doing hours of endless post searches for information about NXT in order to feed their insatiable hunger for the Next Generation of miracle in a bottle.

Viva NXT !!!

It`s so easy being an autopian and getting the perfect finish, isn`t it?

Post Thanks / Like

Viva NXT !!!

Good post!

Except you got the order wrong, buddy. You`re supposed to first Souveran, then SG, then NXT, then VM, then PwV, then AIO, then Menz Final, then #9, then DACP, then clay, then wash, then wetsand.

(This is a satire against some of the clearly contradictory steps people do)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Good post!

Except you got the order wrong, buddy. You`re supposed to first Souveran, then SG, then NXT, then VM, then PwV, then AIO, then Menz Final, then #9, then DACP, then clay, then wash, then wetsand.

You would want to use a quick detailer between your #4 and #5 step as to get the proper cross thatching between the two as you wouldn`t want to wash them away in your 9th step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Good post!

Thank you very much BW. However I must confess. Its saturday night and Im a redneck, watching Nascar in the traditional sense. Aside from the typos, I do my best work under the influence...
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Ya know, it is really sad that you would need this disclaimer, but you know someone will try that.....and probably say his car never looked better! :p
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Viva NXT !!!

:lol
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information