Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mosca, are you saying newagain is the infamous Ray? If so he seems to have changed sides. If I interpret his posts in this thread correctly he is actually supportive of Megs. I remember some of the threads Ray posted in and you would think Megs was the cause of everything wrong with the world the way he was talking.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a person new to detailing I find that a system approach helps. I recently got a car that I wanted to keep in good condition and seached the internet for knowledge. I happened across autopia and haven`t looked back.

The first products I chose to begin with were Meguiar`s simply because I knew that they sold a complete line of compatable products. I like the reasurance of knowing that I am not undoing a previous step. There is also a significant base of knowledge on these products here at autopia, at Mike`s showcargarage, and from Meg`s. This also makes it reassuring for someone new to detailing that I can find answers to my questions easily.

There are a lot of good products out there, but for paint I agree with Mike and that a system approach is good. I will probably try some niche products as I try to improve certain details, but I am definately satisfied with the results of Meg`s products I have used. For the great majority of auto enthusists who want a good looking car, but have not been bitten by the autopia bug, the system approach is a very good approach. It helps you wade through the plethora of products out there. You know that Meg`s products are a quality products that they will stand behind them.

I have tried the NXT and do like the results. I also love the fact that a autopia quality product is sold at Walmart. That just raises the bar for all of the other products to distingush themselves and improve over a product your average Joe can get at walmart. This is definately a good thing for autopians as a whole.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

newagain`s posts don`t read like RayGun`s posts.

(Some of us gave Ray a more descriptive name)

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Check his profile and run the "see all posts by this user" in the upper right.... OK, he wasn`t Ray, but he was babbling incoherently WITH Ray.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys.....

:nono

Please keep this on topic and avoid "unnecessary" comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a simply question about NXT: Is it available anywhere online without a shipping cost that is one third of the retail value? I can`t find NXT anywhere here in Los Angeles. None of the car parts stores have it, nor do the discount chains.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t find it in Columbus, OH at all! Was at Wally World and Boys of Pep, nothing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on up to Santa Clarita, exit Newhall (Pico/Lyons Avenue) hang west and make a right (not back on the freeway but passed the onramp) to The Old Road. Walmart is to your immediate right. They have it for the cheap price of $13.25. I`ve got 5 coats on my car and it looks fabulous. Give me a shout, maybe we can set up a wax session or something while you`re up here.
    Wang

Dark colored cars are toughest to detail!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Luzerne County, PA (northeast corner), it is available at Advance Auto Parts but not at Pep`s, Wally`s, KMart, or Target, all bastions of the Meg`s consumer line.

Also at Advance is the Turtle Wax Platinum Series, "Extraordinary formula of pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax combined with Bavarian Montan wax to provide maximum shine, perfect clarify and deep gloss to a car`s finish. Formulated with fluoropolymer resins to fill in minor scratches and swirl marks. Layering several coats of Platinum Series Wax will further enhance the shine and clarity of the car`s finish." (Bold face added.)

Hmmm. So, Carnuba, and TFE (I assume), and resins (aminofunctional silicones, I also asume), with SWIRL FILLING PROPERTIES?

BRET? BRET! WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, I might pick up a can of it, it wasn`t that much. And if I do that, I`ll get a Mother`s Relections, too. I like the Mother`s Carnauba, the Reflections has received good reviews here. What if it was as good as NXT, but nobody told us?

:lol, again!

There was no sign of the Eagle One stuff, but their products have always been high quality for the $$ and represented good value.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT isn`t even available at most online sources (CMA, premiumautocare, carcrazy). Its at autogeek and meguiars home page.

I guess one aspect of NXT is clearly hype. I thought we were going to get a widely available product that was Klasse/Zanio quality. But, unless things change, it may be yet another product I have to mail order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Uncle

I guess one aspect of NXT is clearly hype. I thought we were going to get a widely available product that was Klasse/Zanio quality. But, unless things change, it may be yet another product I have to mail order.

I am sure in the next month it will be more widely available.

I like the look of > insert your favorite glaze < & NXT at least as much as AIO/SG but obviously I don`t know how durable NXT will ultimately prove to be. A great initial look is just part of the battle, holding that look for a reasonable length of time and providing protection to the paint is the rest. NXT, IMO already has a great look. The rest will take time to know.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Uncle

NXT isn`t even available at most online sources (CMA, premiumautocare, carcrazy). Its at autogeek and meguiars home page.

Obviously, if a product doesn`t have a big "roll out" with store shelves stocked and promotional materials displayed, it is an example of what you might call "NON-HYPE".

I got mine from Meguiar`s with free shipping. The NXT is at least as good as Zaino and is less expensive and MUCH simpler to use. I does help to hide minor "cobwebbing" and shines like a mirror.

I tried Klasse years ago because all of my Porsche friends were using it and determined right away that Klasse was mostly hype from the "foreign is better" community.
    Torch Red 2002 Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I don`t know how durable NXT will ultimately prove to be. A great initial look is just part of the battle, holding that look for a reasonable length of time and providing protection to the paint is the rest. NXT, IMO already has a great look. The rest will take time to know.

Yep, and that`s why I am gonna stay on the sidelines for this one. Many products look wonderful when first applied but my primary focus is what it looks like and is it still protecting 2, 3 and 4 months from time of application.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FlyNavy

I tried Klasse years ago because all of my Porsche friends were using it and determined right away that Klasse was mostly hype from the "foreign is better" community.

After the hype died away, though, AND the backlash, we were left with a damn nice product... one that maybe wasn`t for everyone, but still a damn nice product.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FlyNavy

You determined `right away` that Klasse`s durability didn`t live up to its rep? Klasse may not look as nice as a carnauba or the latest synthetics, but its protective qualities are unsurpassed.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information