Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget the Marine line, it`s an M prefix also.

And the furniture line uses an F prefix.

Your right on the rest of the number meanings.

Mike

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

Has the car been washed recently, though? My cars with the #16 are all crappy sheety too due to the poor weather. I`m quite confident a wash to remove all the salt dust will restore that beading I love so much.
    Yes Aurora, it was washed this past Friday with NXT car wash. I was going to use the NXT Booster but decided to hold off just see how the NXT held up. It has rained several different days here in the past 2 weeks. I`ve watched the beading diminish noticeably with each rain. Again, I`m not making assumptions on its durability here. Just an observation of the change in appearance etc. over the last 2 weeks.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Yes Aurora, it was washed this past Friday with NXT car wash. I was going to use the NXT Booster but decided to hold off just see how the NXT held up. It has rained several different days here in the past 2 weeks. I`ve watched the beading diminish noticeably with each rain. Again, I`m not making assumptions on its durability here. Just an observation of the change in appearance etc. over the last 2 weeks.

Hmmm, with such sucky durability, perhaps it isn`t Meguiar`s #20 rehashed after all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

Has the car been washed recently, though? My cars with the #16 are all crappy sheety too due to the poor weather. I`m quite confident a wash to remove all the salt dust will restore that beading I love so much.

Thanks Bob!!

I am always amazed at people that give "beading" results from dirty, film covered vehicles that have been sitting outside 24/7 with all types of fallout and dew/dry cycles. All beading evaluation reports should be post-washing or just after washing (relatively clean vehicle). IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    God, give it a rest!

I`m surprised people waited two or three weeks before they start putting NXT down! Officially it`s not even available anywhere else except the states and your putting it down like you`ve been using it against your will for years!

I`m not `Pro Meguiars` or anything, I just reckon it should be given a bit of a chance to see whether it`s great or not quite the wonder product everyone was expecting, and I don`t really see how you can do that in less than a month......

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Alex Creasey

I`m not `Pro Meguiars` or anything, I just reckon it should be given a bit of a chance to see whether it`s great or not quite the wonder product everyone was expecting, and I don`t really see how you can do that in less than a month......

LOL, Man, like clockwork!!

Use your imagination...........learn how to recognize sarcasm.... and uh gee, let me guess. You sell Meguiar`s products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! how did you guess???? Unfortunately it`s not all plain sailing for Meg`s as they take as much stick as they get compliments on our side of the pond......Your not to know that though...Or that it means much in the grand scheme of things I`m sure.

I could apolagise for my outburst, say I had a bad day at the office etc etc, I could just put a couple of and tell people that they should learn the fine art of sarcasm before blowing their trumpets and having a pop. But you know what...nah, I`ll wait a week or so and see whether I can jump on your bandwagon... Hey, you may just be right!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking forward to more NXT durability reports as well. My daily driver sits outside 24x7 in the mid-atlantic region and water still beads very well two months after an application of 2 layers of UPP. I`ll need to see similar results from NXT before switching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

I applied a second layer of NXT about 2 weeks ago and it poured on Sunday and today it has rained all day. I did not wash my car in between Sunday and today and my car is still beading very nicely.

BTW, before I used NXT the first time, I used a polish to (hopefully) remove the UPP that was on my car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex,

Its really not an issue of anyone putting NXT down. Its just that there is currently more threads about NXT than any other product. Everyone is asking questions about it and some are professing this to be the new messiah of toppers. My reply to DefBringer`s question is my honest opinion. Even if it makes me unpopular with the cool kids. If it upsets you to see posts that dont praise NXT you probably should avoid posts about the product. While most are doing an NXT worship dance, some of us are less impressed.

Let it be known that Im a fan of Meguiars and use it more than any other product line. I doubt anyone had anymore hope in NXT than I did.

Ill just lay my cards on the table. In my opinion, NXT is probably most comparable to UPP in that they are both polymers with much of the same qualities and price, so I`ll just briefly compare it with UPP. While NXT is easier to apply because of the wait time and smells better than UPP, it does not have the same quality of appearance of UPP. UPP is deeper on dark colors. UPP is more reflective on light colors. UPP hides blemishes better. UPP is slicker in finish. So far, it appears that UPP will hold up months longer. NXT is 15.00 for 18 ozs and UPP is 15.00 for 16 ozs. A price difference not worth consideration.

For the average shopper at VatoZone, NXT will be available, affordable and better than most on the shelf. It is a good product. Maybe even great compared to its consumer competitors in appearance. I just think that for the pros and enthusiasts that are accustomed to using the best products available, NXT will fall short of the starting line up for most. Before you jump on the NXT bandwagon, you should at least use it and compare it to high quality synthetics like UPP and Klasse. I have and it fell short of making the "best" list. It will look great on my friends cars but my cars get more love.

Im not an expert and its only my opinion....
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys!

This is like everything else in life.

we all have different opinions.

If one thing works for me

does not mean it will work for you.
    No free rides.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the average shopper at VatoZone

LMAO !!!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I`ll chime in here. We`ve had a couple days of rain since I did my wife`s black MDX with NXT tech wax. The slickness is pretty much gone. So as far as the high hopes I had for slickness durability, I`m a little disappointed. I can`t comment on shine or protective durability until I get a chance to wash it again. Paint`s too dirty at this point to make a fair assessment.

But, still I was blown away after using it for the first time. It was so easy, and the shine and slickness (in my opinion) were as good, if not better, than Klasse twins after multiple coats of SG. On top of that, it has better depth than Klasse. This is truly the first wax I`ve tried that really blew me away (I`ve tried Klasse, Blitz, and S100 all of which are great). But to me, NXT leaves nothing to be desired. No smearing, no streaking, no hazing, just a deep, slick, easy, cost effective shine.

Happy customer, right here.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

LMAO !!!!!

Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    NozeBleedSpeed

No, fair enough. Maybe I worded my initial post harshly. It`s a very British thing to hype something to bursting point, and then as soon as it`s out there people jump on the lets slag it off bandwagon instead before we even really know about it. The British press is the pinnicle of this behaviour, and thats what I was expecting, maybe ufairly so.........

Funnily enough though, I have been trying NXT this week.... Unfortunately I won`t be jumping on any bandwagons just yet as the Skyline, like my previous car will spend on average five days a week in it`s nice warm garage during the winter months. The daily will get treated to a clean just as soon as it stops raining.... So in about 2-3 months I expect with our weather .

As for getting upset about posts that may not be to my liking....Come on, it`s not exactly something I`m going to lose sleep over... My girlfriend deciding we are getting kittens soon on the other hand... (thank god she didn`t want kids!!!! )... I can see the place being shredded now! lol....

Have a good night chaps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information