Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone reading my posts?

I`M NOT PAYING 50% MORE TO BUY ZAINO FROM GERMANY AND PAY THE SAME FOR SHIPPING AS I`D PAY FROM THE US.

I will not :nono It`s a matter of principals.

(I have some arrangements made already, to jump over this issue).

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and Portugal is not exactly close to Singapore, in fact it`s on the other side of the earth. Why would I even bother consulting them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino hazardous? Than`s a new one!

Zaino is one of the least solvent based products on the market. Have you ever tried to remove contaminents on your car with Zaino? It`s NOT a cleaner-type product. It`s not meant to be.

Smell a bottle of Z2. Then smell a bottle of Klasse or Einezette. You can actually smell the solvent in Klasse or Einezette.

Zaino is shipped all over the world. Hawaii, Singapore, Germany. And doesn`t require special handling. That doesn`t mean it`s cheap to ship, unfortunately for you.

Some products are flammable, and some contain high amounts of distillates, solvents, etc. You got hold of a shipper who likes to throw everything into the same bucket. His dog must have bit him that morning. :p

I know this doesn`t help you out, but don`t get the idea that your bottle of Zaino is going to spontaneously combust.

I hope you can come up with some to try out, I have it on several of my cars and love it. It`s snowing outside as I type but luckily a few weeks ago I topped off another coat of Z to take me until at least Spring. :xyxthumbs

The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is the distributor saw how annoying it was going to be to ship the product over to you and told you a little fallacy to get out of it...

Hope it works out, I know plenty of people have offered but if I can help in any way, shoot me a PM too

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

[B]Smell a bottle of Z2. Then smell a bottle of Klasse or Einezette. You can actually smell the solvent in Klasse or Einezette.

That is one awesome pic Brad!

I agree. I`ve smelled a bottle of Z before any fragrance or coloring was added to it and even then it`s hard to detect the scent of any solvent.

jgv, if you`re interested in trying out some Zaino with ZFX, I`d be happy to send you one of my unused bottles (no charge... well, shipping only). I`ve got too much of the stuff! PM me if interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

My guess is the distributor saw how annoying it was going to be to ship the product over to you and told you a little fallacy to get out of it...

I also thought about this possibility, or, someone told him he could not sell Zaino outside of the USA (so that our German distributor might sell something). I`m sure this was the case, and that was his excuse. I`ll check is shipping conditions in a few days

Anyhow, thanks again for all your offers, be sure I`ll be PMing if I need you! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have experience with shipping stuff across the pond, and my guess is that Zaino doesn`t want deal with the headache of shipping small quantities across the oceans. We`re just shipping reports, which is fairly simple by itself, but an unfortunate number of them get lost or damaged, and then we have to re-ship...it takes extra time, we lose money on the deal, and the customer`s angry because of the problems. Imagine how many bottles of Zaino have probably been damaged in shipping, or lost, or held-up in customs, or whatever...

So, we offer to ship our reports via Express Delivery (FedEx/UPS/Airborne), but the $44 charge (for a 10oz report) upsets many people, and they become mad (seriously - we get all sorts of wonderful letters about our Express fees) because of the expense for using "trackable" shipping options....

My guess is that Zaino ships pallets of product to European distributors and then let`s them handle foreign orders. People in other countries often forget that there`s a rather significant cost to ship large items across the sea. Then there are the exchange rates, duty fees, paperwork and more headaches - that`s probably why the cost is so much higher for the German Zaino.

As the old saying goes, you can choose two of the following: low price, high quality or speed. In the case of shipping things across the ocean, low price isn`t much of an option because there`s no accountability for the item once it`s left your door, so....

** I`ll qualify all of this with a "I know people receive foreign orders via mail without any problems" but...if as a manufacturer you get burned enough by problems, it`s usually a wise business move to develop an alternative, which in Zaino`s case appears to involve a foreign distributor. In our case, we just continue to take it between the eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    In our case, we just continue to take it between the eyes.

So does Premiumautocare, Autogeek, Poorboys, Exceldetail, Pakshack, Clearkote, Concoursdirect, Waxstation, Carcareonline, Automagic....

I`m glad there`s still a great number of those (like you) who let us, on this side of the ocean, to share the same products.

I do understand Zainos position though, what I didn`t get was that `hazardous` excuse to not ship what they (ecklers.com) said they would.

Post Thanks / Like
    US DOT is the problem apparently. It appears they have declared Zaino`s products to be inflamable liquids, which prohibits their being shipped, at least via USPS.

You could attempt to get an individual here on this board to purchase it for you and ship it to you, fraudulently declairing it as something else, or at least downplaying it saying its car wax or such. But beware of what this may mean to you both if you get caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Zaino, have a lot of it and use it quite a bit. It kind of irritates me though about how Sal bashes other products for what he says they contain but, have we ever seen an MSDS on any Zaino products? They aren`t on his website and I have looked and searched the internet, maybe I just missed them? I am not saying I am qualified to interpret what they mean but, it means something to me when a company takes the time and effort to publicly publish the contents of their products.

Post Thanks / Like
    time to start a car care smuggling ring then eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information