Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone here used TOL`s brake dust remover?? That`s exactly what I want to clean inside the wheel. How big is it?? Does it clean well?? Here`s the wheel.

http://www.topoftheline.com/breakdusrem.html
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy the same thing in any Automotive store. Kmart, WalMart and Target all sell something very similar. I have two brushes; one with that material but in black and one that is light grey and has soft bristles and is bendable.

Both are great for inside the wheel only. I`d be careful about using them on the exposed face of the wheel because of the ptential for scratches.

Unless you`re placing an order for more stuff, I wouldn`t get it just for that!

It`s cheap enough to try it. If you don`t like it, then get rid of it or use it around the house for something else.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I do alot of business with Irene and TOL and while I have known Irene now for many years I also need to be honest when others ask me about their products. The brake dust brush is OK BUT it doesn`t last that long at all. Falls apart after a few wheels so I would recommend you get the Motorcyle E-Z Detail Brush instead.

This one brush is AWESOME as it can do so many other cleaning jobs around the car. Here is a link http://store.yahoo.com/tolae/ezmotdetbrus.html

This is the one detail brush every detailer should not leave home without!

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what the others are saying :xyxthumbs I just used two of them to do the back sides of some wheels that had NEVER been cleaned. They wore out pretty fast, and they were pretty aggressive. I sure wouldn`t use them on MY wheels if I could help it. They don`t reach inside too well when the wheels are mounted on a vehicle, either. I only use them for the backs of DISmounted wheels.

For cleaning the backs when the wheels are mounted, I use the "heavy duty" swabs available from Griot`s and others. You can`t let things get too grungy between cleanings, though.

Anthony- Just how gentle is that brush you linked to? It looks good, but I`m VERY careful about what touches my better wheels. Would you, for example, use it on the hood of a car? Silly analogy/example, but you see what I mean...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks people, seems like the E-Z brush is the most popular here. How about the OXO wheel brush, you know, the ones that looks like the E-Z brush with the blue tip.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator,

The EZ detail brush is soft, soft enough for the inner portions of wheels and while it could be used with soap and water to use on paint I would not recommend it, although I do understand your analogy.

There is nothing easier to use for cleaning the inside portion of the wheels than this brush and I use it on Porsche wheels and Ferrari wheels, weekly, and no scratches. It does a great gob in cleaning engines also and reaching areas where your hand can`t.

C-MDX,

I have not seen nor used the OXO brush you are describing so on that I can`t comment but I do own 4 of those EZ detail brushes and am sending another Autopian one (JGV) and I am sure he will be well pleased with it.

Later,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony- OK, thanks, I see. Guess I`ll give it a try and see what I think. Thanks for the link.

The swabs I`m using work safely, but they take quite a while too, and the insides aren`t always all that delicately finished (don`t always really justify the care I`m taking).

Post Thanks / Like
    How long does the EZ brush last?? Seems expensive to me so I think it might last quite long. BTW, in my first post, I meant "This is the kinda stuff I was looking for to clean my wheels", sorry for misunderstanding me :p
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my first EZ detail brush about a year ago and itis still in fine shape, has not lost its shape nor any bristles.

A really neat thing about the brush is that it is very flexiable and I have yet to have any part of the metal show through.

Well worth the money IMHO.

If and when you get one of the brushes let me know what you think of it.

Anthony

Thread Information