Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the best product to use on rubber door seals etc. to ensure they stay supple?

Post Thanks / Like
    303 fan here

Post Thanks / Like
    BMW Gummi-Pflege, PN 82149407015.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I`ve heard good things about the BMW stuff, I guess I can get it from a UK BMW franchise?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Einszett Gummi Pflege for door seals, works great. You should be able to get the BMW version in the UK, give your local dealership a call.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    there was just a big thread on this: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=32038
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, should have tried searching. Just sent Autopia order could have added the 1Z , damn!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1Z product is :up :up
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried my 1Z Gummi Pflege Stift and it worked great to restore my rubber. The collars that conceal and protect the electronics to the door were starting to look a bit chalky from the cold during the last week so I applied the 1Z and they looked black and supple again. The only problem I had was the applicator is hard to get into small areas and the "accordian" folds of the collars; ended up squeezing some product out on my finger and just applying it that way. It is kind of hard to describe the situation, but I would like to try the BMW stuff to see how it works in those "hard to get to" areas, because if I`m not mistaken, the BMW Gummi is in a tube and has the texture of petroleum jelly. The 1Z is great for the seals around the door but it is hard to use on the components where the door is connected to the car. I`d say it would be easier to use your fingers to apply this sort of product because there are so many places that an applicator just can`t get to.

Best of luck and I hope you can find the products we`ve all listed for you. I thought there was a thread that listed several sources for detailing stuff in England recently......found it......http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...hlight=England :xyxthumbs
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Macgirl`s right about those built-in applicators. I put it on swabs and use THOSE to reach the tricky spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I applied Autoglym bumper shine, it claims to work on rubber etc, so I will find out next week when the cold weather hits us, how it stands up. Gummiphledge on one side of the car, Autoglym on the other. I will post the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Macgirl, I too was disappointed with the applicator on the "hard-to-reach" areas. So I got one of those cheap foam-type "paint-brushes," applied the 1Z Gummi to it, and them applied it carefully to the small areas you`re discussing, and was quite happy with the results. But Accumulator`s idea of a Q-tip is even better for the really tiny/fussy areas. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vindaloo

What`s the best product to use on rubber door seals etc. to ensure they stay supple?

I also like to use 303.

However, a good quality Silicone product would also produce good results too.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your rubber seals probably arent rubber. Most likely they are EPDM . I dont recommend using any silicone based product on them. 303 is a water based dressing, so its fairly safe to use on seals.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Your rubber seals probably arent rubber. Most likely they are EPDM . I dont recommend using any silicone based product on them. 303 is a water based dressing, so its fairly safe to use on seals.

NozeBleedSpeed,

Ya know, I thought the same thing when I saw the original post.

My suggestion of a silicone based product is basically for the softer rubber weatherproof seals that are around the outer frame of the doors on many vehicles.

For the hard rubber-like seals that are around the windows on many cars I would only use the 303.

EPDM = Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information