Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`ll order up a bottle of NXT and the spray wax (yeah, I was gonna wait for the pro stuff...). I would like to pick up a bottle of #38, but I notice the NXT tech protectant also claims to have antiozonants and such. This would be for exterior use only. Which of the two has the most durable protection for rubber seals, tires, and plastics?

If I hear no reply in an hour or so, I`ll just get the #38 because historically I`ve hated Meguiar`s consumer rubber stuff and liked their pro stuff. Trim Detailer is nice, and it sounds like #38 is like it but with antiozonants.

Thanks for any info anyone has (though I doubt anyone but Mike has much info on the tech protectant)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not 303? That`s a proven protectant with anti-ozonants in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, for one, #38 is cheaper for 32 oz. And I imagine it takes less product since it`s a gel. I also imagine it would last longer since it`s a gel. Similar to how Endurance lasts on tires.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aurora,I have the Megs Trim Detailer and the #38,as well as 303 and others. The #38 is a better product and more durable than Trim Detailer. I ordered all of the NXT stuff. Ill be able to compare it also, pretty soon. #38 is a good working product if youre doing lots of cars. You lay it a bit thick and let stand. Then buff off excess. This will prevent uneven streaking. If youre only doing your personal cars, you may just want to use 303 and condense your inventory.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Aurora,I have the Megs Trim Detailer and the #38,as well as 303 and others. The #38 is a better product and more durable than Trim Detailer. I ordered all of the NXT stuff. Ill be able to compare it also, pretty soon. #38 is a good working product if youre doing lots of cars. You lay it a bit thick and let stand. Then buff off excess. This will prevent uneven streaking. If youre only doing your personal cars, you may just want to use 303 and condense your inventory.

Either way I`ll be expanding my inventory by one product. Do you think 303 lasts as long on the exterior as #38 does? Though it may not matter as #38 is cheaper, probably gets more applications per 32 oz, and the shipping will be free (I assume) if I order with some NXT.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah. The #38 lasts longer than the 303. 303 is good stuff but I really dont like 303 on exterior trim. It doesnt hold up to the elements like #38. A bottle of #38 should last you quite some time too. Good product and good value.
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks NozeBleed. I ordered up some tech wax and #38. I decided not to take a chance on the NXT tech protectant.

Thread Information