Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone who regularly uses QEW, please post the method you use in this thread. This thread will be moved to the Hall of Fame in a few days so new QEW users will have something to refer to.

My method:

I use 1 bucket, 1 gallon of water and 2 capfuls of QEW. If the car is very dirty, I will either prerinse or use a second bucket to rinse out the wash pad.

I wash one section at a time, using a chenille covered wash pad. I then use a terry cloth towel for the initial drying pass, making sure I leave some moisture behind for the second drying pass. I use a microfiber towel for the second pass. The reason you want to leave some moisture behind for the final drying pass is that dry paint + dry towels = streaks.

I start at the front of the vehicle and do half the hood, then the fender on that side and half the grill, then around to the other side of the hood, then fender/grill, half the windshield and roof, side windows, etc, working my way around the car. I find that to be the fastest way, since I begin and end in the same place and only have to go around the car one time.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote an article over at Team-Integra.net on how to use QEW.

Title: How to wash your car without a hose!!

Body:That`s right, wash your car without the use of a hose. This product is your answer to a lot of problems with washing. You can now just fill 2 buckets up with water from your sink (warm water) and do it in your driveway, workplace, or anywhere your heart desires. No problems...

The Product

Protect-All Quick & Easy Wash

This product is used by many RV owners and just works absolute miracles. It has a unique anti-static property that lift dirt and grime off the paint`s surface without the need to hose the vehicle down first. It will not scratch or swirl your surface if used correctly and will not remove wax. You use almost nothing to get the job done and the price is great!

The Procedure

You will need:

-(2) 1-2 gal. buckets

-(2) Soft Cotton Chenille Wash Mitts

- 1 oz. of your favorite Quick Detailer (I used Meguiar`s)

-(4) Small Terry Towels (100% Cotton)

-(2) Microfiber Towels

You will begin with bucket #1. In bucket #1, you use 1 oz. (2 capfuls) of QEW mixed with 1 oz. of your favorite QD (for extra lubricity) and 1 gal. of warm water. In bucket #2, you fill it up with straight warm water.

Next goes the washing. Now, unless your vehicle is considerably dirty, there is no need to hose your vehicle down. That`s right, you take the wet mitt to the dry car [].

Anyways, you will be doing 1 panel at a time basically using StyleTEG`s Article. Say we start with the fender...Dip the first mitt in the QEW/QD solution and make sure it`s saturated. Start at the top of the fender, move the mitt front to back (the way the wind moves over your car) and work down the fender overlapping your previous pass. If the fender is relatively dirty, flip the mitt over so you`re washing with a clean surface. There is no need to use a lot of pressure at all. I usually use just the weight of the wet mitt[]. When the fender is done, toss the dirty mitt in bucket #2 (warm water) and run your hands over the mitt to loosen up any dirt. Grab mitt #2, dip it in the QEW/QD solution and go to your next panel. Repeat until finished.

Now, to dry... You will want to dry right after you wash each panel (ie: wash fender, dry fender, wash door, dry door, etc). To do this, first use a clean 100% Cotton Terry Towel and drag over the surface lightly to remove most of the excess water. Then use your Microfiber towel to buff off the excess dampness. Remember, always let the towels flow like the mitts (front to back, like the air flows over the surface).

Where to buy

Quick & Easy Wash is available at Camping World. That will be the best deal on the net (I`ve searched). Check out the product`s homepage here.

The mitts, terry towels, microfibers, and QD are all available at your local Wal-Mart.

MAKE SURE when washing your linens after a wash... You can wash the mitts and terry towels together on a regular cycle with detergent. NO FABRIC SOFTENER. The terry towels can be dried in the dryer, but the mitts must be hung dry. The microfiber`s should be washed on a delicate cycle with nothing but the detergent and the microfibers. When dried, hang drying or in the dryer on delicates is the best.

Pre-washing of the linens is reccomended before using

Pics

BEFORE

AFTER

Comments and Questions are welcomed. Please read this write-up and Protect-All`s Webpage thoroughly before asking anything. Thanks and best of luck to ya!

Definately a lot of mixed reviews over there about it. Some like it, some are like "F*** that", it`ll ruin my paint. Sometimes you really can`t get through to everybody...But hey, their loss!

Post Thanks / Like
    This year for Christmas, I have given out several QEW detailing kits to family members and clients. With each kit I have supplied the following directions:

Q E W Directions

What you will need:

1. QEW.

2. Your Favorite Quick Detailer (QD) Spray.

3. (2) 1 gallon, (or larger) buckets.

4. 1 micro fiber, (MF) towel or your favorite wash mitt.

5. 2 large waffle weave drying towels, (WWDT).

Here is how I use QEW, (Quick and Easy Wash).

1. I fill the first 1 gal. bucket with 1-2 oz. of QEW and soft water.

To this I add about 1 oz. of your favorite QD. I happen to use either Clear Kote’s quick shine QD or Meguiar’s Final Detail QD.

2. I have a second bucket filled with just soft water.

3. I use a MF towel dipped into the QEW bucket and squeeze just a bit of the water out.

4. I then, starting at the top of the car, gently clean an area aprox. 2’x4`. I then place the MF into the bucket with just the water in it to remove any debris I might have picked up. Before putting the MF into the QEW bucket again, I really squeeze the MF in the water and swish it around to really rinse it of any debris.

5. I wipe down the cleaned area with one large waffle weave drying towel. *(Use the first large waffle weave drying towel for the top half of the car and the second WWDT for the bottom half of the car)

6. Repeat steps #3, #4, & #5.

I am able to wash my 740i Sport in about 30-35 minutes, (not including the wheels/tires). By the way, I always keep my wheels and tires clean with daily wipe downs with QD and a towel so I rarely have to clean my wheels and tires.

Helpful Hint:

(If the car is really dirty, or for lower portions of the car and wheels that get really soiled, mix appropriate amount of Quick & Easy Wash with water and some of your favorite QD spray and put into a spray bottle & shake up to mix. Spray each really dirty section first and let soak before applying as stated above)

If my car is really, really filthy, I then use the traditional hose & bucket method. So far, QEW works really well for me.

Enjoy your washing!

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Basically the same I do, except I use a very plush MF mitt and work larger areas at a time (the roof, the hood, etc).

Helpful Hint:

(If the car is really dirty, or for lower portions of the car and wheels that get really soiled, mix appropriate amount of Quick & Easy Wash with water and some of your favorite QD spray and put into a spray bottle & shake up to mix. Spray each really dirty section first and let soak before applying as stated above)

:up Great tip!

Now, what you all do when washing the wells and interior of wheels, do you dry them or leave as they are (wet)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m definitely scooting over to Colton soon and picking me up some of this schnazzy stuff. I`ll try it on my brother`s car seeing he doesn`t care what happens to it.

Oh, and GSRStilez, I think you`re officially obsessed with washing your car. It`s a sad sad thing, only a few months of this website will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any other pro tips for QEW before I start?
    04` Saab 9-3 aero

Steel Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been using Qew for about 2 months, my method is to use an mf towel instead of a mitt, i also use a rinse bucket w/ 1 cap of qew to 2 gallons water, i feel this helps encapsulate dirt in the mf towel better than water alone, is this a waste of product? Also, where do you get ur terry towels at scott and sean? Id like to try terry towels instead of mf for the initial drying pass as i soemtimes get streaks. Thanks guys
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teck,

Review the above guidelines and just `go for it`! QEW is a really great product.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Thansk for the post, I`ve been thinking about using it this winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    You wont be disappointed raven. It really works great and it minimizes the amount of time spent in the cold washing the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to disagree, but I really don`t see how adding an ounce of QD to the QEW mixture would help much. You are diluting 1:128, far beyond the qd`s effective working concentration. If you dilute QD into plain water at 1:128 i`d think it`d be very difficult to tell it apart from pure water alone.

Then again one can argue that it`s hard to differentiate between plain water and QEW/water; but then QEW was meant to be diluted, while QD was meant to be used as-is.

Just my opinion.

-Raymond

Post Thanks / Like
    Raymond-

When using qew on a car that has not been waxed in a long time it definatly makes a difference by adding the 1 oz of QD. to the pail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s psychological. Maybe you think it`s working better?

Because QD is already diluted to begin with. Infact, it`s mostly water anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe ? I guess that could happen...

Post Thanks / Like
    in what type of situation would you use qew? i am sure everyone who uses it, is in some kind of situation.

you could add this to end of your post. (i sure this will help users too.)

I find QEW most usefull when:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information