Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I washed my car with QEW for the first time. Each panel was dried with a WW towel immediately after being washed. Car was all nice and clean and shiney again.

This morning I brought the car out of the garage and with the temperature change condensation formed on the car immediately. The car looked a disgrace, you could see what I can only describe as drying marks left by the towel. As it was basically damp, I got a MF and wiped the car over and it looked ok.

I left the car out all day and as it dropped cooler again, the condensation formed again and I saw the marks re-appear! Ran to get the Sonus QD spray (only QD I`ve got) and another MF. Wiped the bonnet and thought great thats got it, a minute later the marks appeared again due to the condensation.

The car had a coat of P21s wax on 2 weeks ago, should I put another layer on tomorrow or what????? I can`t leave my car out in the cold looking like that. I`ve hidden it back in the garage for now.

I`ve never had this happen before, could it be something to do with the QEW??
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Pepper White, Black roof and mirrors

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think there is much that can be done to stop condensation, but I have experienced the same streaking issue with QEW. My solution was to go over the car once over with a quick detailer soon after washing wih QEW. The problems stopped for me after this step. There must be a cheaper QD available to you? Meguiars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Raymond. Yes I can get Megs mail order, I got the Sonus for when I get round to using my Klasse.

Maybe that`s why people started adding the QD to the QEW mix, to eliminate streaking :nixweiss
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Post Thanks / Like
    What was your QEW to water ratio ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the recommended 1oz to 1 gallon.....well the metric equivellant, 30ml in 3.8 litres
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, cannot resist - Move somewhere else that is warmer and drier! What do you expect from a place where it rains only twice a week, once for 3 days and once for 4.

Wife is a "Yorkie" from Triangle, just down the road a bit as I understand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tnoy66

Maybe that`s why people started adding the QD to the QEW mix, to eliminate streaking :nixweiss

Although I haven`t tried doing it, I doubt that adding QD to QEW would do anything for the streaking, especially considering that it is diluted past its working concentration by over a factor of 100. Streaking would probably be due to incomplete removal of QEW solution, and the addition of such a small amount of QD probably does nothing to aid in its removal. The only solution I can think of is to wipe with QD or a bit of water after removing QEW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

Sorry, cannot resist - Move somewhere else that is warmer and drier! What do you expect from a place where it rains only twice a week, once for 3 days and once for 4.

Wife is a "Yorkie" from Triangle, just down the road a bit as I understand it.

If you can provide me with a job and house I`ll be on the next available flight

And stop nicking our women :p

Triangle
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Post Thanks / Like
    See here

http://www.mapquest.co.uk/cgi-bin/ia...xcx5sf7.grfe%7

then zoom in one more level or just enter Triangle in mapquest, there seems only to be 1 town/village of that name in all of the UK.

Have to "nick" your wimmen as I am called Nick, Gonzo is just my board handle! <snickers>

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

See here

http://www.mapquest.co.uk/cgi-bin/ia...xcx5sf7.grfe%7

then zoom in one more level or just enter Triangle in mapquest, there seems only to be 1 town/village of that name in all of the UK.

Have to "nick" your wimmen as I am called Nick, Gonzo is just my board handle! <snickers>

ah, well I never knew that was there, even though I`ve been on that road a few times......must have blinked and missed it

I`m just picturing you (Gonzo) now in your truck........ :lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (54.1 KB, 314 views)
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Post Thanks / Like
    Now wouldn`t that be a fun ride!? Up hill, down dale, and with all those twisty turns in between. Overtaking the slower vehicle with left-hand drive might be a b_tch, but then again with a top speed of 140, the exposure time wouldn`t be all that long either. Little bit of drifting in the round-abouts. You think there might be enough 93 octane in country for a little drive? 104 octane for some striaght line acceleration on the motorways?

Post Thanks / Like
    will it be residue from s100/p21s ? cuz i happen to see s100/p21s residue on a z4/black i recently detail, and it only happen when i`m in certain angle. it did not happen on my friends is300/ gun metal or my accord/white. so i was thinking maybe the residue appear easier on deep color cars (the is300/gunmetal has metal flakes) . what i did with the z4/black was mist each panal with water then wipe down with clean MF tower. and it work great also bring out the shine of s100/p21s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it was residue from the P21s or I would have noticed it before. I think it was my drying process. I wiped over the clean panels and I did notice some moisture left, but I thought it would be ok. I looked at the panels after the moisture had gone and they looked fine. I should have used a second towel and gone over the area again.

Anyway, today I went over the roof and bonnet with a light mist of QD and wiped that with a MF. Left it for a few minutes and then went over it again with another clean MF. After this I breathed on the surface and there were no streak marks left behind. Panic over

Thanks guys for help :up suggestions :up and sarcasm :p
    2005 MINI Cooper S

Thread Information