Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My first question is whether or not it will dissolve oils, or not seal properly if oils are present? I.e., would I be able to use s100 sec and #7 before the EX?

Second, would topping EX with S100 wax be worthwhile? Apparently it`s best to simply add another layer...but would the s100 add anything another layer of EX wouldn`t?

Lastly, what is it`s consistency? Is it liquidy? Or is it like a jar of s100?

Post Thanks / Like
    Allright, my disclaimer: I do not use this product!, that said, here are my answers:

Since it is a paint sealant, chances are it is fine to use S100 SEC, and even #7. I have used other sealants over #7, and they have been just fine. As for Q2, topping with S100 would be good, because the wax will add a depth factor to the paint. It will look deeper and have more shine than EX or EX*2 alone. And lastly, since it is a paint sealant, and not a wax, i would have to assume that it is in liquid form since there really shouldn`t be anything that would make it into a solid form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well firstly a sealant like Klasse or Zaino will NOT bond to S100 SEC or #7. They need an oil free surface to bond and crosslink.

The EX is a resin, not a polymer sealant. It offers some more durability, with the ease of use of a wax, and without the plasticky shine some people get with something like Zaino and Klasse. You can easily apply it over SEC (thats what I do with stunning results) or you can use any polish or glaze underneath it. I`ve never used Poorboys polish beforehand, but hear it is great and extends durability. I will try it soon once my GEPC is gone.

As for topping it with S100, I dunno if you`ll see that much of a difference. I know that Scottwax has topped EX with Poorboy`s Natty Carnuaba and said he saw a huge difference, but I don`t see it with S100. I just EXx3 and be done with it.

EX is a liquid, a thick liquid I`ve heard some compare it to something like Meguiars #26 or Gold Glass in consistency. Its very easy to apply and remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information! It`s getting more and more appealing to me. Just one last question...would I need to dawn wash my car if I wanted to use it? (it sounds like I wouldn`t need to do that, but I just want to be sure).

Post Thanks / Like
    No Dawn wash is necessary. Just the normal Prep ( clay, polish, wash ( normal auto shampoo )) and apply protectant (EX). I always wash after polishing to remove any dust that may cause problems during sealant/wax application and re-inspect Prep. To get the best appearance from any protectant, Prep is the key. :wavey

You will love EX :xyxthumbs

Steve, I can not find any 32oz or gallon size S&W.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mage

Lastly, what is it`s consistency? Is it liquidy? Or is it like a jar of s100?

It`s usually a lotion-like consistency. That is, unless you leave EX in the bottle for over a month, and not "shake well" enough the next time you use it.

Apparently, 20 seconds of initial shaking is not enough. Imagine my surprise as the EX oil flowed out the bottle, onto my hands, the door jambs, the tires, and my applicator.

Despite continuous shaking, I could never return EX to its original consistency.

Autopia Gallery with more EX Oil pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that really EX? It looks like nasty bird bombs on a freshly detailed car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you shoudl never let anything sit for months at a time. I always shake my chemicals, that need shaking, every so often just to keep them mixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah...thats weird. Never experienced that with my EX and it sat over a month unshaken...

As for the dawn wash I`ll echo Blkz28, EX is very forgiving and can be applied really over anything you could apply a carnuaba wax over.

Oh and blk, here`s the gallon S&W

http://www.poorboysworld.com/price-sheet.htm

Scroll down to Spray and Wipe and it has the normal 16oz size, a 32 oz size, a gallon and 5 gallons. My fiancee made fun of me because when I got my gallon of S&W (I didnt know it came by the gallon either until Steve mentioned it to me) I sat it on the coffee table and just looked at it for like 20 minutes. Yes folks, its THAT good!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using EX over both the Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba and Vanilla Moose. Both make a fine base for EX. PPC seems to have slightly more cutting power than VM, but VM has a slightly brighter and more reflective look. I`ve only topped EX with Poorboy`s Natty Wax, but I`m sure S100 would work equally well. Natty Wax seems more `oily` than S100 and you can notice the difference when touching them back to back.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodNClean- I wouldn`t say using the Natty Wax over EX was a huge difference, but the increase in wetness is noticable. When I was detailing the MDX, the owner was watching me when I was putting on the Natty Wax and he also noticed the difference, he said after I put it on a panel then wiped it off that the paint looked more `liquid`.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RIC

Is that really EX? It looks like nasty bird bombs on a freshly detailed car.

The bottle of EX I sent to Scottwax was seat in the shelf since April, nothing like that happened. My other bottle (the one I use) almost doesn`t need shaking, it`s ready to use...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve for the info. Premium Car Care was all out of the larger sizes.

My EX has sat around for at least a month with no problems after normally shaking. Did your product freeze at any point between use, BW?

Post Thanks / Like
    BW lives in SoCal, does not freeze very often.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the seperation is definately not normal, EX is so thick its almost hard to imagine it seperating like that.

Scott, So the VM and the PPC were about the same on the ease of use scale? Tough decision. I`ll probably wind up buying both lol

No problem blk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information