Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

When is the projected release date for the new products?

Have they been incorporated into the Pro line as well? In other words, gallon containers and or a bit different product strength for professional application/detailers etc?

Also, how does this "Booster" interface with the product? Use before application or after to maintain gloss level and or to use as a prep for a second coat of the product if it is at all "buildable" or layering as spoken here?

Again, looks like a winner! Dying to see what this will do with #81 as a finish polish prior to the new product!!!

You`re killing me!!! I need a fix!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wondering the same things plus if it is compatible with other sealants like SG. There needs to be a specific Lab Sample D FAQ website since there is so much interest!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D

I`m wondering the same things plus if it is compatible with other sealants like SG. There needs to be a specific Lab Sample D FAQ website since there is so much interest!

There may be a mini-faq for our next generation of products like Lab Sample E and Lab Sample E spray-on booster wax, and others.

One of these next generation products is really cool, if fact... I`m stepping outside to use it right now.

Oh yeah... I have asked for permission to upload photo`s of the new products, and share the name with Autopia members as well as my forum at www.ShowCarGarage.com

If I get a yes, it will probably be this week or this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds EXCELLENT Mike!!:xyxthumbs
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deanski

Mike,

When is the projected release date for the new products?

Product starts shipping in February.

Have they been incorporated into the Pro line as well? In other words, gallon containers and or a bit different product strength for professional application/detailers etc?
    Stay tuned

Also, how does this "Booster" interface with the product? Use before application or after to maintain gloss level and or to use as a prep for a second coat of the product if it is at all "buildable" or layering as spoken here?

Use after to enhance and maintain the results created by applications of Lab Sample E.

Typically, products applied to the car`s finish are not really layerable. I know that for some people this sounds like a great idea, but in reality... it`s just not happening.

2-3 applications of anyone`s product to an automotive finish and you will have reached the maximum potential that product has the ability to create on a particular finish as it exists at that time.

So if by layering you mean 2-3 applications, then yes it’s layerable. If you mean, can you keep applying the product and with each application, begin to build a measurable film-build, or the finish will get better and better and better with each application, then no, it’s not layerable.

Now follow me on this oneâ€

Once you have reached the maximum potential of a specific car’s finish, another application of the same product will not take the results to a higher level. It will maintain the level you have previously created, but the idea that a clear coat can be come clearer, and clearer, is... well... ridiculous.

For example, say you have a piece of glass that is perfectly clear and perfectly clean. If we give this piece of glass a rating such as, 100% Optically Clear, how can an application of a film coating increase the rating to say, 101%?

Isn`t 100% the maximum potential of the piece of glass? (I mean, if 100% doesn’t mean 100%, then what does it mean?)

Paint is actually dramatically more susceptible to change in its rating because paint is more easily dulled. So while some products can take a car`s finish to its maximum potential, (as we all know), some products can easily dull a finish and thus move the appearance quality, or rating of a car`s finish downward, away from its maximum potential. Contrast to glass which is usually only dulled through abrasion.

Point being, if your using a product that looks good in your eyes, and if you apply 2-3 coats in any given polishing session. After you wipe of the 2nd, or 3rd application, a 4th is not going to add or increase any visual aspect of the results your previously achieved with the 2nd or 3rd application.

Now... as time goes by and the results are diminished, say through washing or inclement weather, then, yes, re-application of your favorite product should quickly and easily restore the finish to the level the previous applications achieved. That is unless the finish has been neglected for a long period of time or underwent some type of finish-abuse.

I`m in the camp of applying your favorite product often to maintain the maximum potential. I don`t believe that applying multiple applications of a product will hurt anything, but I also don`t believe the finish will get,

* Darker and darker with each application

* Shinier and shinier with each application

* Glossier and glossier with each application etc.

Once you’ve reached the maximum potential... it`s time to step back and admire it, not apply another coat.

It`s like the term, â€hitting a wallâ€, something a really good detailer can do on every car they detail, thus the reason they are a really good detailer, they always hit the wall.

Does any of that make sense?

Have to go....

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Longevity testing starting now... (as he goes out to wash the car eek... with Dawn!)

Thread on longevity testing here

Any suggestions as to products you would like compared?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished washing, I must say, this gives a Meguiar`s guy the eebeejeebies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Platinum UPP, but it is not as mainstream as SG and Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Product starts shipping in February.

Stay tuned

Use after to enhance and maintain the results created by applications of Lab Sample E.

Typically, products applied to the car`s finish are not really layerable. I know that for some people this sounds like a great idea, but in reality... it`s just not happening.

2-3 applications of anyone`s product to an automotive finish and you will have reached the maximum potential that product has the ability to create on a particular finish as it exists at that time.

So if by layering you mean 2-3 applications, then yes it’s layerable. If you mean, can you keep applying the product and with each application, begin to build a measurable film-build, or the finish will get better and better and better with each application, then no, it’s not layerable.

Now follow me on this oneâ€

Once you have reached the maximum potential of a specific car’s finish, another application of the same product will not take the results to a higher level. It will maintain the level you have previously created, but the idea that a clear coat can be come clearer, and clearer, is... well... ridiculous.

For example, say you have a piece of glass that is perfectly clear and perfectly clean. If we give this piece of glass a rating such as, 100% Optically Clear, how can an application of a film coating increase the rating to say, 101%?

Isn`t 100% the maximum potential of the piece of glass? (I mean, if 100% doesn’t mean 100%, then what does it mean?)

Paint is actually dramatically more susceptible to change in its rating because paint is more easily dulled. So while some products can take a car`s finish to its maximum potential, (as we all know), some products can easily dull a finish and thus move the appearance quality, or rating of a car`s finish downward, away from its maximum potential. Contrast to glass which is usually only dulled through abrasion.

Point being, if your using a product that looks good in your eyes, and if you apply 2-3 coats in any given polishing session. After you wipe of the 2nd, or 3rd application, a 4th is not going to add or increase any visual aspect of the results your previously achieved with the 2nd or 3rd application.

Now... as time goes by and the results are diminished, say through washing or inclement weather, then, yes, re-application of your favorite product should quickly and easily restore the finish to the level the previous applications achieved. That is unless the finish has been neglected for a long period of time or underwent some type of finish-abuse.

I`m in the camp of applying your favorite product often to maintain the maximum potential. I don`t believe that applying multiple applications of a product will hurt anything, but I also don`t believe the finish will get,

* Darker and darker with each application

* Shinier and shinier with each application

* Glossier and glossier with each application etc.

Once you’ve reached the maximum potential... it`s time to step back and admire it, not apply another coat.

It`s like the term, â€hitting a wallâ€, something a really good detailer can do on every car they detail, thus the reason they are a really good detailer, they always hit the wall.

Does any of that make sense?

Have to go....
    Makes perfect sense!!!!!

My exact argument about surface (finish) enhancement created by a non-abrasive (solvent or particulate) protectant. Prep achieves the maximum resolution (optics) of the paint. Flaws may enhance the flaws but rarely sufficently improve the optics beyond the established max set by the Prep.

Protectants only protect it.

I have also wondered about my favorite protectant for my black Z28. When I first used this product (Zaino) I got caught up in the popular belief that layering to the infinitum was the answer or route towards perfect. WRONG. After discussing with Sal he, like many here at Autopia, stressed PREP. I wandered down this path and found the holy grail. Now 3-4 coats after an anal driven prep does the job!!!!

Point: You can lead a horse to water, but you can make it drink!

Problem: now I have nothing to do this winter on the hiberated cars.

"Bells go off" Maybe LS will come out early to give a poor detailing hobbist something to do the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished washing, I must say, this gives a Meguiar`s guy the eebeejeebies

Scared me too, Mike! I`ve yet to comprehend the fascination of the Dawn Wash. Besides, a quick polishing with #82 leaves the paint squeaky clean!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Greg,

I would like to try the Platinum UPP, but I don`t have it right now.

I will order it however and use it for a comparison test in the near future.

Tomorrow, I`m going to test on a carbon fiber hood with easy to see buffer swirl.

First, I`ll tape it down the center and apply Lab Sample E and inspect. I`ll post photo`s here and on my forum.

Then I`ll apply a wax of anyone`s choosing, (that I have in my collection), perhaps 5 Star Shine? I just received their product.

Or ?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Also Mike I had a question. I know business is composed of compromises. For instance, if this product was fickle about removal such as Klasse, marketing/sales wouldn`t be happy as they would request that the chemists make it easier to use, possible adversely affecting initial (current state of LSE) quality of appearance, durability, etc for the consumer market? Also, given similar "protectants" sealants, etc have a considerably higher cost than your average consumer product. Gold Class, your most expensive consumer wax/protectant is like $11 a bottle, right? Well I would really hate this version to be "dumbed" down for the consumer who thinks say $20 a bottle is ridiculous, plus the cost of the rejuvenator. I mean ZFX alone costs $20 for 3 ounces and Zaino has a lot of die-hard customers who happily pay this. I guess I would just really hate to see this product compromised for what the "general public" will pay and wants. Just me thinking out loud...

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity testing starting now... (as he goes out to wash the car eek... with Dawn!)

Thread on longevity testing here

Any suggestions as to products you would like compared?

Could also do a surface imperfection (spiderwebbing) visual elimination comparison. Zaino Z5. This seems to be a very amazing feature of LS D/E

Longevity testing is not very important to me because of the frequency in which I rejuveniate my protectants. Never over 4 weeks on my driven vehicles. :wavey

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Greg

Also Mike I had a question. I know business is composed of compromises. For instance, if this product was fickle about removal such as Klasse, marketing/sales wouldn`t be happy as they would request that the chemists make it easier to use, possible adversely affecting initial (current state of LSE) quality of appearance, durability, etc for the consumer market? Also, given similar "protectants" sealants, etc have a considerably higher cost than your average consumer product. Gold Class, your most expensive consumer wax/protectant is like $11 a bottle, right? Well I would really hate this version to be "dumbed" down for the consumer who thinks say $20 a bottle is ridiculous, plus the cost of the rejuvenator. I mean ZFX alone costs $20 for 3 ounces and Zaino has a lot of die-hard customers who happily pay this. I guess I would just really hate to see this product compromised for what the "general public" will pay and wants. Just me thinking out loud...

Good points.... Good insights.... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    So, is the same stuff as the Velocity mold release? Or at least similiar?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information