Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How do people feel about it now ? Better or not when put up against Zaino ?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i had it on my car for about 4 months b4 it really started to lose beading abilities(it heavily relies on silicone polymers). I have it for sale right now, as i have too many products that i haven`t used yet.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it when it first came out and it was ok. Thought it was more "hipe" than anything else. Went back to the Klasse Twins.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bmax

I used it when it first came out and it was ok. Thought it was more "hipe" than anything else. Went back to the Klasse Twins.:xyxthumbs

Exactly, thats what i use on my car now. However, if i worked with bf2 more, im sure I would like it better, but klasse just blows it away.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife likes it on her Mustang. I like the Klasse twins on my older Jeep and VM/CMW and/or VM/EX on my newer Jeep. I will be ordering 1Z products soon to try on my Jeep....Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasn`t for the dust attraction and the streaking then it would be fine. I think it looks good. Its gives you the protection and durability of a polymer and the appearance of a carnauba. The best of both worlds. There are compromises on both, but its worth it. I don`t think it comes down to Blackfire and Zaino though. There are still Klasse, Platinum, ClearKote, Poorboys, Meguiar`s, and half a dozen other sealants out there to contend with. They all have their following too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen many products become all the rage not to withstand the test of time.

Of course the Klasse twins, P21s/S100, Sourvern and Zaino seem to remain favorites.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    What about VM and Carnuba Mooose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Young_Stallion

What about VM and Carnuba Mooose?

VM maybe, but some time ago a lot of people jumped off the band wagon after a bad batch was released.

CMW is too new to be lumped in with the "oldies". But from I hear is should be an autopian staple for awhile.

Also I don`t believe CK products are as widely distributed yet.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Quikor

How do people feel about it now ? Better or not when put up against Zaino ?

Thanks.

It`s still all the rage with some of us. I`d buy Blackfire over Zaino almost any day still. It`s easier to use because I can put it on over a glaze, and it spreads more easily. It is substantially cheaper when you factor in that you are supposed to have the Z6/7 and ZFX or Z1 to properly apply Z2 or Z5. With Blackfire, you can just buy the meat and skip the empty calories (the QD and shampoo are nice, but don`t justify the price IMO).

Plus, Zaino only has that Blackfire gloss and pop when I use Final Detail over it, and it only sheds water well after some FD. Blackfire has it all the time. Though, there`s no QD I can use to give Blackfire that Zaino reflection...

I like Zaino, and will use it since I have it, but I will likely start to layer it in with Blackfire. I like them both a lot, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still like BF2. It took me through a very hard Boston area winter last year. I just finished prepping for this winter with three coats of BF2 and a S100 topper. The car looks great!

My only complaint is that when I have pure BF2 with no topper, my car instantly attracts every particle of dust it possibly can.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have mixed bf2 and z-5 and zfx with no bonding issue.bf2 did slow down the hardening but 3 coats 1 hr apart and i had a slowly hardening solution still left in the mix botlle the next mornig so i put on my final coat. the mix was 60:: 40 z5to bf2.beads and sheets when your moving.
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Patrick
    It`s still all the rage with some of us. I`d buy Blackfire over Zaino almost any day still.
    Im with Aurora and 00....Still gives what Clearkote cant, and for twice as long...Clearkote, IMO isnt even in the same league. I like the BF2 X 2, with s100 as a topper.....the dust issue settles itself after a wash or QD.....I use it pretty much for darker cars, i think that where i get my bang for buck.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

If it wasn`t for the dust attraction and the streaking then it would be fine. I think it looks good. Its gives you the protection and durability of a polymer and the appearance of a carnauba. The best of both worlds. There are compromises on both, but its worth it. I don`t think it comes down to Blackfire and Zaino though. There are still Klasse, Platinum, ClearKote, Poorboys, Meguiar`s, and half a dozen other sealants out there to contend with. They all have their following too.

Blackfire really doesn`t look like a Carnauba to me. It`s kind of, plasticky. I don`t like it on black, but I love it on my silver/gold Accord. How do I know? I topped the Blackfire on our black Stratus with Liquid Souveran. I don`t know if this is a good comparison though. The look was different, either way.

Blackfire is not difficult to work with on lighter colored cars. On darker colors, I wouldn`t even try it. It`s too hard to work with, and as stated before, it looked too artificial. I`m going to use up the rest of what I have and then move on with my life.

Patrick
    Blackfire really doesn`t look like a Carnauba to me. It`s kind of, plasticky. I don`t like it on black, but I love it on my silver/gold Accord. How do I know? I topped the Blackfire on our black Stratus with Liquid Souveran. I don`t know if this is a good comparison though. The look was different, either way.

Exact opposite with me, its all i use on dark and red.....Makes the paint come alive! I feel its a waste on anything but dark or red, you really cant see its benefits on light colored surfaces.....My impression is its far from plasticy, carnauba gives a more natural look, and BF is a close as Ive been able to to match, and more often then not, exceed my carnauba look a like expectations.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information