Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    WHat Zymol products have you used (other than what you can buy at Wal-Mart) and what is your opinion on them. Zymol makes a ton of waxes like Japon wax, Volvo wax, Saab Wax, Carbon Wax, and Zymol titanium (which should be applied with your bare hand like their estate waxes). I have been really curious about their performance as a topcoat compared to Pinnacle Souveran for example. Some of their estate waxes are insanely expensive...I just was wondering what is so special about their products.

Post Thanks / Like
    :down What a rip off.

For the results I can get with all the products we talk about here, I can get better results than Zymol and I`ve never used their products.

As far a top coats, I use Liquid Souveran, s100, Blitz, #26 and my cars look fantastic for a fraction of the cost of those high end Zymol waxes.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t really knock Zymol all that much. Sure it can get pricey but so can Souveran. I really like hd cleanse, I still have yet to find a cleaner that I`m happier with. It`s really up to you though, everyone has a different idea of what the best combo is, or the best shine, it`s all relative. So give it a shot and you be the judge, if you like it you found a new product, and if you don`t at least you tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I have Japon and other related Zymol products... THE GREAT MARKETING HYPE! Come on, who id going to put wax in their hand and wipe the finish? Sounds like wax for a new episode of "````` Eye for the Straight Guy"

There are certainly better cleaners for paint finishes than HD-Cleanse, but if that`s what floats your boat and it works.. that`s cool and stay with that. However, there are just more to choose from and to evaluate which to use for what type of problem you have.

As for wax, Yep, got Souveran Paste too! Not bad at all. I`m now waiting for Clearkote`s VM and CMW to try, as I just got the QS and it`s very nice and glossy for a QD.

Zymol is loaded with natural ingredients, so if you want to spend boo-koo money one what was once a bad Margarita, so be it.

The problem is that it just does not last long. If you consistantly wax... like every weekend, then Zymol is fine.

Try the S100 or P21S, cheaper and lasts much longer with very high gloss results.

Remind me never to shake you hand in the future..

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    F 355 (Frank) was good enough to send me a big chunk of his Zymol Vintage (about $1500 a jar with lifetime refills) last year and I`ve used it a few times. I have to say that my experience with it this last time was much better than before. It is a great looking wax that produces an appearance that I think is superior to most waxes and is at least as good as what you will get from Souveran or P21S/S100 (products which I have tested Zymol side by side with). The problem I have with Vintage is that it seems to be a bit fragile. Durability is in the 3 week range. I guess that is why they offer lifetime refills, eh? If its going to need to be reapplied once a week to maintain the appearance, and if they are going to insist that you use the wax wasting method of applying it with your bare hands, then you will need to fill it a couple times a year probably. Especially if you are taking care of more than one car.

I would give Vintage a really high score for appearance and probably about the worst score for durability. Rain Dance lasts longer than Vintage does. Boy does it look good while its on there though. Zymol may be really over hyped and over priced, but it does look good.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do all the estate waxes come with refills or just Vintage because the Antique one is like $750 and it doesn`t mention it being refillable. My theory is this however, for the price of Vintage, I could put that towards a new paint job with no orange peel and the deepest black imagineable and then top with Souveran and get a better value. Wax does not make or break the paint, its prep and quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck getting a good paint job with no orange peel for $1500. :lol I agree about the prep. Its all in the process and not in the products.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Destiny and yes I applied it by hand. I found it easy to use and the durability is not as bad as stated and the shine is great. My car is garaged and used 2-3 times a week. It is not my daily driver. I have used many different waxes such as Meguiars, Mothers, S100, Zaino and Klasse just to name a few. Like stated above prep is important and if you like a certain wax stick with it. Try Zymol, I think you will like it. Try the sampler 2 kit it is a good bargain if you look at the individual prices of the Estate Glazes you get in the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Good luck getting a good paint job with no orange peel for $1500. :lol I agree about the prep. Its all in the process and not in the products.

I meant it could take care of a percentage of the perfect paint job. Granted it could be like 1/40th of a percentage, but oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have not tired the high-end zymol products, don`t bash them. People who spend that kind of money on wax probably don`t care about durability, they care about the deepest, "best" shine possible. Zymol provides you just that. in addition, they use almost entirely natural ingredients which more than likely contributes to their cost. True, they have their hype, but for the ultimate in shows, such as, say, the pebble beach concours de`elegance, they make the products that people want. I really like their products and will continue to buy them until something better is available. Pinnacle Souveran is pretty amazing, but its not quite as good as Destiny IMHO. For everyday detailing, and for anything other than show cars/trailer queens, I think you are WAY better off with something like souveran, S100, etc. - 95% of the look for alot less money. Nonetheless - Zymol has its place...

-Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Zymol Carbon after cleaning with HD cleanse, and the finish was fantastic. It was not hard to apply, and did not go white on black trim. The durability was ok, about 6 weeks. See my pic posted on this site, under "beautiful cars".

This past weekend, I cleaned the car (black 1994 M-B E320) with Klasse AIO, then topped it with P21S- great finish. Today, I QD`d it with Pinnacle crystal mist spray, and it looks super.

FWIW, the Zymol products that I have used work very well, and would buy them again (HD cleanse, Treat, Seal, Clear, wheel cleaner and wheel coat). About the really high end Zymol, I can`t say.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    While I have not used Zymol waxes before.... I will say that sometimes people convince themselves that expensive things look better, because they`re expensive. This may apply here...

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Superbuick :up

I use there products on a show car, I like that they use natural products, that being said they are not meant for a daily driver, there market is concourse entrants (trailered and garage kept vehicles). They are high priced but when Rolls was asked how he priced his cars he answered, “What the market will standâ€.

~Hope this is of some help~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used their HD Cleanse and their Carbon Wax, it was good but nothing special. Back in the day I preferred EO`s cleaner wax for it`s sharp appearance vs the Zymol Carbon.

TOGWT has a good point though, if their products are truly all natural (not processed) and don`t contain anything harmful then I can understand their value. I know I want my car to look the same or better in 10 years and if it means I have to use natural products I`d make the switch.

Question is are man made products really bad or not, and if not wouldn`t that make Zymol an overpriced product?
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a user of Carbon, Creame, HD Cleanse and the little foo-foo wash for 10 years since high school, but after I discovered this website last year their is much better alternatives like Klasse and P21S products. I have also lost respect for Zymol when they started producing the Zurtle Wax products, JMHO

But I sure do miss that great smell, it usually draws attention and the cool clear jar with the neoprene ring seal!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information