Post Thanks / Like
    I know I know you guys are getting sick of me and my 1z posts, :p j/k

Anyway, I know it`s important to use a good polish before you wax to help a flawless finish, i.e, a good polish with very minor "polishing" agents in it. Both polishes have carnuba but Express has more in it, I saw that from a site but can`t remember which one it was. Anywho, David on the Autopia car care store says about Metallic polish that it`s gentle enough to use several times a yr, I"m kind of skeptacle there, Express polish on the other hand has very low abrasives. It`s more of a one step wax. So I"m thinking maybe use Metallic to remove imperfections and use Express polish topped with Glanz Wax to maintain. This sound like a plan?????,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t get too hooked on Express Polish. It`s going away. Michael has decided not to continue importing both Express and Metallic because they are nearly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    The einszett website says that Metallic Polish is a very low abrasive with cleaners and gloss enhancers. I would think you could use it as often as you like, almost like a glaze. I don`t think you would want to use the Express Polish after that though, just seems like a waste of product and time because it has cleaners in it too and it will remove what the Metallic Polish put on your finish. Michael has been quoted on several occasions saying that you really don`t need to layer 1Z products because you will just be wasting product. If your paint is in new condition then just use the Metallic Polish and follow with Glanz. Better yet email Michael or the customer service address and ask away. www.1z-usa.com also has some good FAQ`s.

michael@1z-usa.com OR support@1z-usa.com

Good luck, I don`t think you can go wrong with the Metallic Polish and Glanz wax together. I use that myself and love the results.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

I wouldn`t get too hooked on Express Polish. It`s going away. Michael has decided not to continue importing both Express and Metallic because they are nearly the same.

whoa whoa whoa hold the bus!! If both polishes are the same or very close anyway, why not just stop importing the Express Polish and leave the Metallic to stay???? that`s messed up,,,,,,91

Post Thanks / Like
    just shot mike over at 1z an email asking about the situation here. Here`s what he had to say.

Thanks for your email. I think there might be some confusion.

Express Polish and Metallic Polish were combined to create a new product called Metallic Polish/Wax. Actually, it`s more than just a simple combination, the formula was improved further using new surface care technology. We`re working on some amazing new products. As an example, we have a new shampoo called Perls Shampoo which contains polymer additives that attach itself to the paintwork while washing. It acts as a protectant and enhances the gloss/depth. But it`s not a wax and it doesn`t build up. You`ll notice tight water beading on every surface you washed including the glass, wheels, paintwork... everything. Very cool product.

Anyway, Express Polish will be discontinued in the 500 ml but will (for now) continue in the 1 L size.

The combination was done to reduce confusion that many customers had about the difference between Express and Metallic. Both are made for new paintwork or like-new paintwork so there was little need to have the two.

Einszett likes to make everything as simple as possible and having two products that were too similar went against this philosophy.

So in the consumer line (Shop Line) it will be (from least aggressive to most agressive):

Metallic Polish/Wax

Paint Polish

Ultra Paint Polish (soon to revert back to the original name Extra Paintwork Cleaner).

I hope this clears the confusion. If not, feel free to let me know!

Best regards,

Michael Mankarious

einszett North America

2324 North Batavia Street

Suite 105

Orange, California 92865

Tel : 714/921 0252

Fax : 714/921 0230

Email : michael@1z-usa.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it. It is mild, but really works well on finishes in near new condition. I used it on a Lexus Coupe and loved how it worked.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=27850

Thread Information