Post Thanks / Like
    Did a Metallic Silver Lexus SC430. It was in decent shape, detailed 4 months ago by the dealer. Paint was just "OK", had some marring.

I decided to use the Einszett Metallic Paint Polish, which is very a light polish. Applied with a PC, wiped off, then followed up with Platinum UPP. Buffed off an hour later. Shine was so intense with the midday sun, I had to look away. It was blinding. The metallic flake in the paint really popped.

Highly recommend the 1Z polishes as well as the Platinum UPP.

Here are a couple of pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Take 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Pic # 3

I really like the 1Z polish. I used the Metallic, which is pretty mild, but worked real well on this Lexus. I didn`t use the 1Z Glanz wax on this one as I was saving it for a Red Jag I did last week, and for my own Audi. I thought the Platinum UPP would look good on the Silver Metallic and I think it did turn out well and the flake really stood out.

I give both products a big :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!!! I was thinking about ordering 1Z. I think I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did a light engine cleaning, wipe down and dressing. It was mostly dusty, but was really dusty and had a few heavy spots of build up. Used EFHI sparingly with water. Dressed with CD Engine Dressing, I believe has been mentioned here. Not concours, but made the owner pretty happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam - That turned out VERY nice, I`ll just BET the owner was happy. Yep, the 1Z polishes work really well (and are VERY easy to use), and PUPP compliments them nicely. I tried that combo on a friends A6 4.2 just to see how it would work and now I think I`ll use it on the S8.

If you have any real marring on your A8 you might want to try the 1Z Ultra Polish or something like 3M`s PI-III RC (pn 05933). Audi`s clear is really hard and the 1Z Paint Polish (green can) barely made a dent in the A6`s swirls. Even the 3M (w/wool) then the Ultra (cutting pad) only removed the swirls as opposed to the scratches, but I didn`t spend TOO much time on it either (maybe 5-6 hours of polishing, plenty for a free detail).

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator,

I`ve encountered a few minute scrathces on my new black A4 and now I see what you are talking about in terms of the Audi clear. Jeez, I had to have another black car Anyway, which Einszett polishes do you think would work best on black Audi paint? By hand, by PC?

Thanks
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D

Accumulator,

I`ve encountered a few minute scrathces on my new black A4 and now I see what you are talking about in terms of the Audi clear. Jeez, I had to have another black car Anyway, which Einszett polishes do you think would work best on black Audi paint? By hand, by PC?Thanks

I haven`t polished a whole car by hand since...well, since long before they started using basecoat/clear . I HAVE tried small areas by hand and honestly, every polish that works with a random orbital will work fine by hand if you have the stamina and patience. 1Z polishes are easy to use in that they don`t leave hard-to-remove residue and you don`t have to work them forever for their abrasives to diminish or otherwise finish doing their thing. As far as cutting power, they aren`t much different from any other manufacturer`s polishes.

1Z makes three polishes (listing aggresssive to mild) Ultra Polish (yellow can), Paint Polish (green can), Metallic Polish (red can). I ended up buying them all and decided I should`ve just ordered all three from the start.

Metallic polish (the mildest) is, IMO, far too mild to remove most marring from Audi clear.

"Try mild polishes first" is always good advice, but with Audis, I`d try a SMALL area with the Paint Polish (green can) and see what happens. Probably not much, if you have any real marring. Then step up to the "aggressive" 1Z, the Ultra Polish. Use a cutting pad (or even wool for the first few passes). You`re NOT going to appreciably thin (let alone cut through) the clear on a relatively new Audi unless you fall asleep with a rotary on the paint. After the Ultra, use Paint Polish (green can, maybe first with a cutting pad then with a polishing pad) then Metallic Polish (red can, with a polishing pad). Then TRY not to mar it again I often wonder how Audis get marred, since their clear is so hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work.

The PUPP you finished up, was that the new or the old PUPP?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Accumulator, no marring here just a small amount of very light scratches I wouldn`t even break out the PC on. I`m thinking 1z is going to be regular line of polishes I`ll be using next year or so.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Ultra with a cutting pad on the Jag convertible I did last weekend, followed up with Polish with a polishing pad and then on the trunk even tried the Metallic, just for kicks. Honestly, I don`t know that the Metallic made any difference. I was real impressed with how well the Ultra worked, especially by hand on a couple of scratches I wanted to see how if I could get. Really cut well. I followed up with the Glanz Wax and the red metallic paint just GLOWED. Was extremely easy to use too.

I used the Polish on a Black 57 Chevy convertible today, then my PC died and I finished up by hand. The more I use the 1Z products, the more I like them. I posted some black Celica pics on another thread. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=27805

The PUPP I used was the new PUPP, about 45 days old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job on the SC, Sam. That shot down the side of the car really shows how wet and reflective it looks. No kidding the owner was happy!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Lewkin good, I envy that kind of work

Thread Information