Post Thanks / Like
    i`m looking for a good vac for detailing, only for my own cars. does this seem like a good choice? its on sale with car cleaning kit thrown in http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=00917939000

thanks for all the great advice on this site:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the older model of this Vac ( very durable) and I not only use it for interior cleaning ( excellent suction for deep cleaning) but also for the garage floor and out-door hot tub prepping ( do not use year around), and cleaning lower gutters on house and garage.

It is hard to go wrong with Craftsman. :wavey

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    blkZ28Conv,

Just curious, do you use the 2 1/2" or 1 1/4" accessories when using it on your interiors? I read on this forum that the 2 1/2 accessories really improved performance. Your take on that?

Reasoning behind this line of questioning is that the similarly configured HD Rigid model has only the 2 1/2" accessories which appear a bit more cumbersome (especially the crevice tool), but the lifetime warranty on the Rigid is tempting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have that one, for about a year, really works great, does not tip over like most of them, also has a blower that is powerful.

I have used both hoses and both work about the same but the little one is eaiser to use.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have that same vac, but in 75th anniversary trim. It`s great and very powerful while still being pretty small. Mine also came with the car kit. I use it as the 1 1/4" hose is easier to use around the car. I imagine the smaller hose has a higher velocity of air pulling in, but ultimately pulls less air. The increased velocity might be better for pulling stuff up in a car, though. I find it works great.

With the 2 1/2" hose and attachments, you can vacuum a larger area quicker though. That would be better if you were vacuuming out the garage or something. Since you get both, try them both out and see what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Craftsman vac w/detatchable blower. Very handy to have.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS

I like the Craftsman vac w/detatchable blower. Very handy to have.

I agree who needs a leaf blower for drying cars off anymore!:xyxthumbs

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=00917038000

Post Thanks / Like
    2.5 inch and 12 gallons.

Lifetime warranty on the Rigid!! Even though I am completely pleased with my Craftman`s it is hard to beat a lifetime warranty from a good company (LOWES). If they are equal power (5hp) and size (12 gallons) go with the Rigid unless someone has had a bad experience with this vac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

2.5 inch and 12 gallons.

Lifetime warranty on the Rigid!! Even though I am completely pleased with my Craftman`s it is hard to beat a lifetime warranty from a good company (LOWES). If they are equal power (5hp) and size (12 gallons) go with the Rigid unless someone has had a bad experience with this vac.

that`s the vac that i purchased at HD...awesome sucking power...the lifetime warranty is what sold me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for your replys, i picked up the craftsman vac and so far am very happy with it. great sucking power.it came with the 1 1/4 and 2 1/2 hoses and a lot of attachments.the only thing i didnt like was that all the attachments were hard plastic,so i bought a dusting brush attachment to vac my leather seats and console. i also got the micro attachments that are great for little nooks and crannys.i got micro attachments at home depot, a few bucks less than sears for the same item. i was there to look at the ridgid vac.the sears came with more attachments and i have had great luck with craftsman stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    One other thing that worked for me.

I made an adapter to hook the two hoses together, that way you can do the whole car without dragging the unit around.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a Craftsman 6.5 HP Wet Vac, 16 gallon, on sale for $109.99 at Sears, comes with car cleaning attachments. If you join the Craftsman Tool club (one phone call, no sales gimmicks) you can take another 10% off, so I actually got it for $99.00. They even took the 10% before I "joined", as you have to call a 800# to join. I did this when I got home. So for Sears to give the discount before I "officially" joined I thought was pretty cool.

Can`t wait to try it out. No more coin ops.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Craftsman--it has been one of the best things I have purchased in a long time--moved into a new home and it came in very handy when we removed all the wall paper and had to refinish hardwood floors. It was a lifesaver when we had a hard rain and my sump pump died. As for the car--the 2 1/2" hose is a little hard to manuver--thinking about getting the 1 1/4" for automotive use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a firm believer in Craftsman products and am in the opinion that you can`t go wrong with their products. I`ve seen that vac at Sears and it sure looks like it`s a well built vac and certainly worth the money. I ended up with a Rigid (Home Depot) 3.5HP 9 gal. unit for $49 and bought the 1 1/4" car accessory kit for $19. It`s worked well for me and certainly seems to be powerful enough using the 1 1/4" hose (which attaches directly to the unit or to the end of the larger hose to make a really long hose)

just my $0.02

Jeremy
    2000 Lexus RX300

1995 Regal 322 Commodore

Thread Information