Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas to me! i went to auto zone today just to see what was on the clearance table and Lo and behold there was two Endurance Tire gels left for $3 a piece. WOOHOO i love getting good deals. thats some good stuff. so check your local auto zone guys see if you can get it while it lasts.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a side note, Endurance contains the most Antiozonant of any Meguiar’s rubber care product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Just a side note, Endurance contains the most Antiozonant of any Meguiar’s rubber care product.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Great deal!

And Mike, I knew there was a reason I am liking Endurance more and more. I loaded up last time there was a sale. I got 3 bottles!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chpsk8

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:nixweiss

Good if you like black tires.

Bad if you like to get new tires because the old ones have turned brown and are cracking. :p

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Antiozonants keep your tires from turning brown. Tire manufactures put antiozonants into the rubber before making the tire. The antiozonants the tire manufactures put into the rubber is designed to work its way outward as the tire spins as a way to constantly replenish itself on the exterior surface as it is used up, breaks down and leached out.

Using strong tire cleaners, or strong wash solutions, like Dawn, leaches this antiozonant out of the rubber accelerating deterioration.

Endurance contains antiozonants, plus trade secret conditioners, plus a polymer that cures to the surface.

Some people love Endurance some people hate it.

I like it because it turns my tires dark black and keeps them that way for a long time. The way I use it is to apply, allow to penetrate and cure, then after a while, wipe off any excess residue with a terry cloth towel.

I don’t like the wet, shiny look, I prefer the dark satin matte finish. So I usually opt for the Enduracne and not the Endurance High Gloss.

There is much more complex action taking place than I just described, but when the chemist explains it to me, I usually get confused.

I’ll try to take notes next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, does Endurance contain any dimenthyl silicone oils or petroleum distillates?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BW,

According to the most current MSD sheet, it contains,

Polysiloxane

Hydrotreated Distillate

Phenylenediamino Triazine

Aliphatic Propylene Glycol

Isobutyrate

Resin System

Conditioners

The Hydrotreated distillates are probably water purified petroleum distillates, there’s no one around today I can check with.

I have been told that all solvents used by Meguiar’s are distilled multiple times to remove the impurities and toxic and carcinogenic substances.

Does this help?

By the way, in discussing new paint technologies this week with one of the chemists he told me that at an OEM level, Federal Law mandates that modern paints do in fact contain silicone. This is for EPA reasons I think. It has to do with flow and lay-out and of course reducing VOC’s, (I think).

He’s actually trying to find me a book that addresses this subject. I found this interesting with all the hoo haw that’s made by people about not wanting to use a product that contains silicone on their paint.

It’s kind of like people who don’t want to use a product that contains Petroleum Distillates on their paint when their paint is a petroleum distillate. (if it’s a catalyzed clear coat).

That’s like say,

I don’t want to use a petroleum distillate on my petroleum distillate

Have to go now, I need to put some petroleum distillates on my lips, i.e. Chap Stick.

(It’s 44% petrolatums, i.e. petroleum distillates)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

I don’t want to use a petroleum distillate on my petroleum distillate

Have to go now, I need to put some petroleum distillates on my lips, i.e. Chap Stick.

(It’s 44% petrolatums, i.e. petroleum distillates)

Wahhahahahaha!:LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information, Mike. LOL, about the Chap Stick, not all petroleum distillates are created equal. Don`t go about putting Endurance on your lips!

Post Thanks / Like
    In general, aren`t tire dressings that contain petroleum distillates more likely to stain if they sling? That`s usually the concern I have when using solvent-based dressings.

I keep meaning to give Endurance a try, but so far, I`ve only found the high-gloss version (which, IIRC, warns of staining from sling on the label) at nearby parts stores.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a big user of Endurance (low gloss version), and have never had any issue with sling. I treat it about the same way Mike does, by applying it, letting it set, then buffing it until it has a clean look.

Ironically, the one time I tried the High Gloss version, it looked so bling-bling that I buffed it almost all the way off!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a sling problem with the High Gloss Version. And like NozeBleedSpeed mentioned, the high glossiness is only temporary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of Endurance, but on windy days it can be a bear since it takes a while to completely dry and I end up with sand stuck to my tires.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought of that Scott. I guess when you`re a full time pro, you see a lot more situations than our part-timers. I`ll have to remember that and have some other stuff on hand for windy days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information