Post Thanks / Like
    I been thinking about topping my many coats of Zaino with S100. This weekend this is what I did....

1. Wash with Zaino soap

2. Z-18 Clay Bar (2X)

3. Buff (with an orbital) McGuires #9 (3X)

4. 1 Coat of Z5

5. 1 Coat of Z2

....should I use a topper like S100??? AND.....If I want to put on more Zaino....do I have to strip off the topper???
    2003 SVT Cobra Convertible (White/Tan)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, go ahead and top away. You will have to strip the wax if you want more Z, but a quick Dawn wash should get you to where you need to be to Z.
    If it works, is safe, and you like it...use it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,

You have to car wash with dawn again. Dawn won`t remove Zaino so you will be ok to apply more layers of Zaino.

I am doing the same with my car but I am using P21S that many people says it is the same as S100 so you will be surprise with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if you top the S100 with Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    You will waste Zaino! It will not be able to crosslink with the previous layers of Zaino you have on as you put a barrier in between it.

You need to REMOVE S100 or ANY wax topping that you may have on Zaino for more applications of Zaino to bond and crosslink with the lower layers of Zaino.

Remember, Zaino, #20 and others are polymer sealants and not waxes. They have to be on their own when adding additional product. #20 may be the ******* of this mix as #20 does have some light solvents/cleaners in it to assist it in bonding, so adding more #20 may loosen the lower layer.

For more info, contact Sal Zaino directly.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinkin` I should just stick with Zaino only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you could, as I now do.

It`s OK to top it, but then again, you have to remove it later when you want more Zaino, and Zaino gets better with each coat you add to it.

Some just like to have the protection AND the depth of wax.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just today I topped Zaino (5 coats of Z-2) with Destiny from Zymol. It looks great. I would post pictures but it rained all day. I plan on topping the Zymol eventually with Zaino with out stripping the wax. From what I understand the Zaino will last as long as the wax underneath. My car stays in the garage so this will take sometime for this to happen. I just posted the same question a few days ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol waxes have a high concentration of oils, so adding Zaino on top of Zymol is not a very wise choice, as it just will "lay" on top of the Zymol and not add any benefit, but it`s your money. I`d just keep adding Zymol each time until you feel the Zaino underneath may be starting to be compromised by the Zymol, as it can happen. Tuff as Zaino is, adding top coat of wax you run a risk of the wax oils/silicones trying to migrate to the finish. Not that it will happen, but it may. It`s the oils that try to "eat" through Zaino.

For a bit more longevity in wax, try S100 or Souveran. Not that there is anything wrong with Zymol, just that due to the way Zymol is made, it has a tendency to wear off quicker than other waxes.

Hell, I still have Japon and Detail in my frig, but now use Souveran if and when I wax as opposed to Zaino sealant. I just find it (Zymol) costs a lot of money for a wax that does not last long, but it looks good due to the oils. Kind of like Megs #7, which has a good amount of oils. Here`s a link on Megs #7 from Mike Phillips of Meguiars: Megs #7

I`d just stay with Zymol upkeep for now. Leave the Zaino on the shelf until you need it, then strip the waX with one of two methods, a Dawn wash and or alcohol/distilled water spray & wipe. Then, add your ZFX/Z5 or ZFX/Z2, let it cure overnight or longer then put your Zymol on again.

As for QD, I still use Megs FI. It`s cheaper than Z6 and I save the Z6 for further coats of Zaino, as I spray Z6 prior to and after each Zaino coat.

For Zymol, you could use the Field Glaze, but that too is expensive and find Megs FI does a very good job without added expence. Buy it by the gallon to save if you do a lot of QD`ing.

Again, I`d contact Sal Zaino on this matter as he can assist you in getting the best results from both Zaino and or Zymol without the waste.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the responses. I liked Zaino but I was blown away by Zymol`s Destiny. At first I was apprehensive about putting it on by hand. It was not bad. I will probably try HD then Destiny to see the results. I have S100 and not very impressed with it. I was with the Zymol though. I would say if you have not used Zymol give it a try. I do not think you will be dissapointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    bimmer330 I thoroughly agree. For me, durability is of no issue, and I find zymol destiny to be absolutely fabulous. when applied properly, it goes on streak/smear free and buffs to the deepest lustre I have ever seen. I topped my 5-6 coats of blackfire with destiny, and will continue to add a few coats of destiny over that (I believe destiny can be layered up to 5 coats). After that, just wait a bit for some of the wax to evaporate and you can add about a coat every month or two (as it evaporates). True, zymol has alot of oils but they are natural oils that produce a very very deep shine (and dont forget the ivory carnauba a la pinnacle souveran). I have a tub of souveran on the way to me now and I have saved a panel to test that in comparison with the zymol. The shine/depth offered by the carnauba waxes far outweighs their lack of durability IMHO. Zaino and blackfire are great, but for me they are only great enough to be a base coat, for ultimate perfection on my black car, give me expensive carnauba!!

-Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SuperBuick

Zaino and blackfire are great, but for me they are only great enough to be a base coat, for ultimate perfection on my black car, give me expensive carnauba!!

-Tom

Amen!!!

I would add Zaino is great shine. I applied Zaino with several coats and top with expensive carnauba!!!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Superbuick,

Let me know how Pinnacle compares to Zymol. I was wondering myself, but I love the look of Zymol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bimmer330....results to come later this week - I just got the pinnacle in the mail.

-Tom

MetalSludge
    I was wanderign what you guys use to prep your surface with first before using the Z-2? I was thinking of using Megs #9 followed by Klasse AIO before adding the z-2. What do you think or do?

Thread Information