Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my Novus 1,2,3 plastic polish kit so I though I`d go and try it out on my Caddy. The headlights have some hazing and minor imperfections I wanted rid them of and the front chrome colored plastic trim has minor scratches I was hoping to eliminate.

I made two passes on the headlights with the Novus 2 using the enclosed Novus polish cloths, polished, let it haze then buffed with a mf cloth. By hand the Novus created a brighter look to the headlights but the imperfections were still there. I held off on the #3

Tried two passes with the #2, one pass with the #3 and two passes with the #2 on the chrome colored plastic trim. Again, same result, brighter but scratches still there ( maybe will be even less noticeable in sunlight, this was done inside under flourescent lights) Finsihed with the #1 spray on both parts, seems to enhance the shine.

By hand, Novus does good brightening up the plastic but it doesn`t seem to be a miracle product and I don`t expect it to be.

I will trying the #2 with a PC with a 4" foam pad at another time. Maybe that will be able to erase some of the marks in the headlights.

So far, if I had to grade Novus, I`d give it a solid "B".

Post Thanks / Like
    bill, you might want to take some of my advice when using this stuff as i used it on isenglass(the glass that scratches like heck no matter what ya do), #3 is some thick, and i mean thick stuff, but it seems to do the trick for removing scratches and such. Think of it as a compound, treat it like one. #2 is more of say, a finer polish like smr, notice how easy it is to apply and remove. #1 the cleaner, should be used after to remove any remaining residue left from #2. When using the pc with #3, id say do it on a speed of 4.5, anything higher is kinda useless, and the fastest id go is 5 with this stuff. Hope this helps.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hondaguy,

Will do what you suggest when I use the PC
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone try this on a clear bra? :nixweiss

I have a few scratches on my Armorglove due to me being a TOOL! I rubbed an area on it with the wrong side of the MF too damn hard to get some bugs off, and holy crap, I scratched it!

I also have another on the rocker from my damn shoe! What the hell? Can you say Dumb ***?

Note to self, don`t pull in so close to the side of the garage so when I get out, I don`t act like a circus freak and scuff the Armorglove.

Regards,

Deanski

Gee wiz, you can`t say the "A" word?
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Darn! I was hoping I could find something to polish out my headlights better. One was replaced after an accident which made the pitting in the other one more apparent. I`ve even done some wetsanding, but I still haven`t gotten all the pits out.

Maybe some more wetsanding and the Novus system might do the trick?

Probably be better off just replacing it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Novus #2 and 3 on numerous items like headlights, gauge clusters, tail and side marker lenses, etc... by hand and wool drill pad. I`ve had pretty amazing results.

When I use #2, I apply what I think is a moderate pressure at first when applying by hand, and gradually decrease pressure. I polish until the product is about dry, and remove excess with a MF. When using a wool pad on my cordless drill, I use light pressure, letting the speed, product, and pad do the work (probably about 1200-1400 rpm). I work until about dry, and remove with MF.

I use #3 mainly for the tough scratches #2 is having problems with (I get impatient). It must be followed with #2, because it is pretty aggressive. I only use #3 by hand because of the aggressiveness.

I`ve learned that plastics can be very finnicky, or different. My headlights seem to do better with more pressure than say my gauge cluster. My tail lights get light pressure. Probably due to the hardness difference.

I have not had any luck removing pits with either product. Luckily, I don`t have many. I think the only way to get rid of them would be wetsanding, followed by Novus. Or you could just try to bevel the edges (with Novus or wetsanding) of them to make them less noticeable. I don`t know if it would be possible to make an aged, pitted headlight look exactly like a brand new one. I guess it would depend on the level of "perfection" you require (oops, this is Autopia. You may need to replace them in pairs!).

Hope this helps.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave,

Don`t have a drill with a wool pad but I`m going to give the PC a shot. If it can get the headlights a little better,( they`re really not bad looking) I`ll be satisfied.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, not really looking for perfection, just more clarity.

I know a body shop supply house where I can pick up a new headlight housing for my Accord for about $70 or so. Oh well, it`s only money, right? :lol
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information