Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Lexol terry applicators. I use them for almost everything - leather cleaner/cond, vinyl, rubber and hand polishing (only recently got a PC). I think the only thing I don`t use it for is for wax (foam). I have tried some of the terry applicators availble in places like walmart, target and autozone, and none are any good.

My problem is that the lexol don`t seem to last very long.

I am looking for a good alternative that will last a little longer. These are primarily for interior use - now that I have a PC, I`m using it for the exterior. Oh, and before it is asked, I have found the interior products are harder on the lexol... my exterior pads (I have been using the round ones for the exterior) seem to last much longer.

Are the Zymol Pre-Wax App pads worth it? At 8 bucks for 2, they would have to last twice as long to be worth it over the lexol. How about the Detailer`s Choice? Pinnacle? What about MF Apps for interior use? If so, which ones?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO microfiber apps are the way to go, last longer, no linting, no scratching, hands down

easier to clean too
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    53 views and only one response? Nobody has any other recommendations?

Thanks Steve. I will probably start by ordering a few - what are your shipping charges?

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots Garage has what you are looking for

www.griotsgarage.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use foam apps for applying Lexol or other leather products. I order up the 12 packs for $5.50 whenever I order from Meguiar`s. I wash them by machine and they last a pretty good length of time. If I use them for non-paint stuff, I`ll write on the back with a sharpie something like "leather" or whatever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a lot of people use terry applicators for dressings.
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use normal terry towels for interior stuff, but I found the applicators to be a little easier to use. I`ve never tried any of my MF towels for dressings, and obviously I have never tried any MF applicators because I don`t have any (yet).

Post Thanks / Like
    For interior dressings, I use old pink flannel sheets that my mother-in-law gave us (I think she meant for us to sleep on them, but...). I`ve cut them into usable sizes, and they`ve been washed. Surprisingly they don`t lint, and they are soft enough that they won`t scratch soft plastic. I wash them when I`m done, but if they start looking nasty, they get pitched. They`re also good for wiping Vinylex or 303 off surfaces like my dash and tires. I even use them under the hood and in wheel wells. This saves my MF`s for paint.

Dave

Thread Information