Post Thanks / Like
    I re-worked my black Santa Fe this weekend and I used Hand Polish for the first time. OH BOY! What a SHINE! The glaze really brought out the finish after working with SSR2 and VM. With the swirl removers the finish was pretty much free of major defects but it lacked, how you say? "POP"

The kicker is that according to Mike Phillips you can apply a polymer over #81 and capture the shine.

Tomorrow morning I`ll be applying either EX or UPP. I had EX on the Santa Fe prior to the work-up and I was quite pleased with the look. Now that it is even more shiny I`m tempted to try again UPP. The Platinum looks great on my wife`s silver spruce Avalon. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    gadfly,

Where did Mike post that? I`m not questioning it, I just missed it the first time around. I got some 81 last week, haven`t used it yet.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/s...s=&threadid=42

The whole thread is interesting. The #81 statement is toward the end of the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like #81. Great shine and it is on and off a lot easier than #7. Wetter shine, too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    "I really like #81. Great shine and it is on and off a lot easier than #7. Wetter shine, too." I feel the same way about 81. I tried it on one of my cars that has 20 on it, right on top of the 20, to see what would happen. It made the paint better yet! I suppose going on top of 20 is not how it was intended to be used, but it worked just the same. I`m going to put 20 on top of it next, as soon as I finish changing out the air-conditioning compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube, on the car.(Gotta keep cool first). I`m going with the 20 on top based on what Mike says about compatibility....the products are formulated to work with each other. It makes sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It Works! This morning I put a coat of UPP on my very shiny black Santa Fe. UPP went on fine - it`s been awhile and I put too much on - after buffing alot.

As Phillips said, you CAN apply a polymer over #81. I will testify to that. UPP "captured" the shine of #81 and added its own gloss to the finish.

For me the deal is to prepare the surface by any means comfortable to you - in my case SSR2 and VM - then apply #81 Hand Polish to bring out the real potential of the surface.

UPP looks so very nice on my wife`s Avalon. I decided to go back to UPP on the Santa Fe. I was not disapointed!

#81 and UPP ROCKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    G, glad to hear it works! The Poly should make it last longer. Are you going to add another coat of UPP? I`ve never tried UPP.When I added a second coat of 20, it looked better than just one. I did half of the hood, and could tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I thought #7 produced a wetter shine out of all of Meguiar`s glazes?

I`m gonna have to try it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied UPP on top of #7 a month ago. The shine was great! However, I haven`t had a chance to check on the durability yet, as I have been away for 2 weeks, but yeah, it went on no problem.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Gadfly thanks for the test. Like you I was using UPP alot, then started using EX, now I went back to UPP.

Thread Information