Post Thanks / Like
    In composition, action, appearance, durability?

I tried the search, but no matter how I configured my terms, I couldn`t get relevant results, sorry if it`s a repeat question.

But, the products appear similar but not the same, I`d like to experiment with them.

Maybe they could be mixed? That would be fascinating, wouldn`t it! How about mixing #20 with #26 liquid! Yikes, what a concept, if possible! A topic for a different thread, though, huh?

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking around for a while now and I have found some info, but nothing definitive.

Both are polymer/resin/wax blends: is this true? Or, are they true sealants, ie all synthetic? Or, is one a true synthetic and the other a blend?

Both contain cleaners: I can believe that.

Some here layer #20 over #7; something about #20 not having enough cleaner to strip the #7, but what will the polymers bond to with #7 between the chemical and the paint?

Some layer MPPP over#7, but state that they believe MPPP strips the #7. I could see that.

I`m going to refer to the typical polymer look, the super reflectiveness, as "cool". I haven`t used MPPP, so I can`t compare it to #20. #20 is definitely a cooler look than #26. Is MPPP cooler or warmer than #20?

Some say MPPP is very durable, some (including I`ve heard, the Wax Test) say it is less durable than #26. Meg`s claims "the longest protection". Others claim 4 to 6 months for #20. I suppose this doesn`t matter a whole lot to me since I neurotically wax my car for kicks every few days, but I`d like to know.

Sheesh. I hope someody knows the answers, or I`m going to have to go out and buy some MPPP, test it, and post a badly written, error strewn review!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want an answer to this, I`d PM Mike Phillips since he`s the resident Meguiars rep that frequents this site. Ask him on this and to please follow up with a reply to this thread so all can see and make up their own mind as which to use.

As for bonding, a good Dawn wash will remove any oils left from #7, which does have a fair amount of oils used to improve gloss prior to wax and to help wax flow and hide minor swirls. #7 is a great glaze prior to waxing and have very good results with it.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, Mike probably gets so many PMs he can`t answer them all, like Santa Claus letters; and, he should get weekends off, too!

I read Mike`s stuff with total fascination, but I also read the compendium of experiences. Mike says what a product is supposed to do. Our posted experience is how well it actually meets or exceeds that goal. Yeah, I figure this post will prod him a little (hi Mike!), but I also don`t want (or expect) it to do so before Monday-back-to-work. In the mean time, if anyone`s tried both, I`d like to read about it; and if no one has, I`ll be the huckleberry (eventually)!

Tom

Thread Information