Post Thanks / Like
    Strange stuff, these products. Do any of them have a place in the Autopian world? Interestingly enough, maybe one of them.

Both the Stoner products are polymer/wax blends. Bead Max "contains a proprietary blend of natural waxes and synthetic polymers..."; Speed Bead "contains a proprietary blend of cleaners, polishes,waxes, and synthetic polymers...". So, a spray wax, and a spray cleaner wax.

I didn`t care at all for Bead Max. This one I can`t figure out. It isn`t any easier to use than... than anything else, really. It sprays onto the surface (I used it on the hood of the Malibu). You spread it around with an applicator and let it dry to a haze, then polish with a clean terry towel (kinda like you might with #26, or Gold Class, or P21S...). It smells like insect repellent. The haze cakes easily, and is difficult to remove. It looks great, but everything looks great when properly applied. I can`t see the advantage of spraying vs. spreading. Maybe to get a thinner coat? So what. It`s probably the strangest product I`ve used since going Autopian. Nothing here that isn`t easier to use (and more economical and at least as good) in another product.

Speed Bead is a little better, but only marginally so. I expected it to be the same as Bead Max, actually. But, it smells better (coconut), goes on a little bit slicker, and comes off a little bit easier. Emphasis on "a little bit". What really happens is, it goes on a bit thinner. All it means to me is, it`s the second strangest product I`ve used since going all Autopian.

S100 Detail & Wax, OTOH, is pretty darn cool. It "contains Carnuba & Beeswax" and has "UV inhibitors... [and] anti-static protection". It smells like a petrochemical plant. Although on the front of the can it says, "cleans, shines, and waxes all in one step", that DOES NOT MEAN use it on a dirty car. It`s not a "quick wash" product. It`s more like a "quick detail wax"; what they mean is, you don`t have to use it on a freshly washed surface. You spray it on, distribute it evenly over the surface with a soft cloth, wait about a minute and buff to a high gloss. It looks like you just waxed, but it`s as easy to use as a QD. Wipe on, wipe off. What I see is, the action of a QD, with a bit of wax to maintain protection and freshly waxed appearance. (For those wondering, I can`t compare it to S100, because I haven`t used S100; but, it has a natural carnuba look. I can`t say if that`s the product itself, or the carnuba underneath, though.)

I don`t see using the Stoner products again. If I was going to go to all that trouble, I`d get out the real stuff and wax the car. But the S100 is nice. It fits a niche; you want the car to look like you just waxed it, but only have time to QD.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: S100 D&W

How was it different than using a Quick Detailer on a car that is polished/waxed frequently? Wouldn`t this strip some of the wax that you applied?

Post Thanks / Like
    As best I can tell, it`s spray wax in a can. It seems to go on over top of whatever else is there. The Stoner products haze white, the S100 is clear. I don`t think of it as a substitute for a complete wax, but as a spruce up before showing off your car. It doesn`t replace anything, it compliments other things. I`ve used it maybe twice in three months. Cleaned off a bird bomb, and don`t want to wax the hood? S100 D&W.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good review!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the Bead Max best when used with a damp washcloth as an applicator. They include one in the kit they sell. Spray onto the cloth then apply. Also works after washing. Just spray onto the washcloth and then wipe the vehicle down, follow with a dry mf. S100 works great. Both leave a nice shine with little effort.

Thread Information