Post Thanks / Like
    My black Hyundai Santa Fe has never looked better! It`s going on six weeks since the last coat of Poorboy`s EX was applied. It has rained many days in the interim. After each foray into the rain I have cleaned the car with Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe.

The car has not had an automatic or hand "bucket" wash in this period. After each S&W session I have used a QD. The most success I`ve had is with 3M Gloss Enhancer. Over the last six weeks I`ve used QS, Showtime, EO and Platinum. By far the best results have been with 3M.

Every time I`ve used 3M the "spiderwebs" and minor swirls go away. If this keeps up I don`t know when I`ll add another coat of EX or do a complete detail. The car keeps looking better and better. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Its been a couple of years since I used the 3M QD. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it was the worst I can remember using. How is the slickness after using? Did you purchase by the gallon or 16oz spray?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought it first in the 16 oz size then ordered the gallon from the 3M website. Not a bad price - $25.88 DELIVERED!

I`m not sure about the "slickness" relative to the other QDs I`ve tried, but it sure SHINES! And, as I indicated above, it seems to smooth out the surface by covering the micro mars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShineMGood

Its been a couple of years since I used the 3M QD. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it was the worst I can remember using. How is the slickness after using? Did you purchase by the gallon or 16oz spray?

I agree, I still have a bottle and it`s nothing special. The only benefit is that it can be used on a wet surface but so can EO Wash and Wax which I think is much better that 3M Gloss Enhancer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any cars i have protected with Omikron Bodyguard i can`t use the 3M on as the isopropyl alcohol in it removes it. Filtered water or Meguiars QD work excellent. The only thing i use 3M GE on is front windscreens to make them smoother and to prevent the need of using your wipers during periods of rain regardless of the severity.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information