Post Thanks / Like
    I got a few of these from David along with my last order. I tried them out with a few different products, and so far i`m just not blown away. They aren`t horrible though.

I first tried using it with p21s. I really like the idea of the applicators, I always drop my other ones and end up tossing them, these seemed very promising. However the first issue i ran into with the p21s was that the diameter of the applicator was quite bigger than the diameter of the jaf of p21s. Thus to get any on the applicator i had to kind of scrunch it and force it in. Then because it wasn`t very flat, and my jar was 1/2 empty, turning it inside the jar ended up breaking up the wax into chunks.

That was the only real problem with that product, it went on easy. with a larger wax (like blitz) there probably wouldn`t be that problem. It was much easier to hold on to.

Next i tried one with 1z glanz, which is a VERY thin liquid. This was probably the most trouble i had with it. First off putting the glanz right on the pad didn`t work so well because it really absorbed deep into the pad, didn`t stay on the outside like you want so you can get it on the car. Because of this my first coat i ended up using way to much product, which thus made it a BIG PITA to buff off. The foam part that touches the paint also seemed to be a little bit more grippier than i`m used to (I normally use MF and Cotton appliators, the thicker ones). It kind of made that wierd noise when applying as you moved it over the surface.

I also tried it with SG which had kind of similiar results as the glanz, but not as severe.

Overall they are nice to hold on to, and work pretty good for thicker products, but the size is also an issue with smaller jars of wax.

I haven`t given up on them yet though, i`m sure there are a few tricks i can come up with to make them more usefull. They are really easy to hold on to. It would be great to figure out how to use them better.

Post Thanks / Like
    If these are like the Viking applicators ( sounds like it) you can simply trim them down to fit whatever your working with normally

I ran into the same problem with P21S and Paste Glaz

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 10 of these with my last order, but haven`t had the chance to try them out. I`m waiting for it to cool down outside so I can go detail. I`ll reply with my feelings on the applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one of these with my twins order and thought it worked OK for the AIO. Provided a nice compfortable handle that was easy to use and not drop. The grip did however make it diffucult to apply any pressure, so I think it`s best for applying product to the surface not really working anything in.

I see your point with the 1Z and SG being thinner and how it could cause probs. I think they probably work better with thicker liquids and pastes.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several of the Viking handle apps if these are similar in design. I think they are a great idea and much easier on the hands. The only problem is that they are quite big and don`t fit into your standard wax jars.. (ie. Souveran, S100 etc).

I do find them great for applying SG and AIO though.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information