Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If you know Eagle One Wet, Wipe and Shine and you are not using the product, what then is your reason for not wanting to use it?

Just want to get feedback from this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I`ve noticed you`ve been touting this product quite a bit lately so it`s funny you should post this thread, because I`ve been thinking about this.

I`ve tried all of the "big 3" QDs and find that they all work fine for what they are intended to do. That is not to say that they are all identical though - there are subtle differences.

I am currently shying away from the use of EO Wipe & Shine because it contains something that many QDs do not (no, not fluoropolymer :lol) - petroleum distillates. Now, I am NOT saying that PDs are present in any amount to pose a problem - even if it contains less than 1% they`d still have to declare it. I have not had a problem using EO W&S, and probably wouldn`t be able to tell anyway without a very carefully constructed test. It just makes me less than comfortable knowing that it is there. (Notice the little warning on the front bottom of the bottle.)

I prefer to use Mothers California Gold Showtime instead because as far as I have been able to determine, it doesn`t seem to have anything in it except water (as far as solvents go). All it warns about on the back is to prevent it from freezing. Besides this, I had liked Showtime`s performance a long time before this anyway. It seems slightly slicker to me, but you know what they say about YMMV.....

(BTW, don`t bother trying to ask Mothers about the above - been there, done that, but I have a MSDS .pdf if anyone wants a copy.)

At least I`m through shopping for QDs. :p Once I use up the other stuff I have, I`m buying one of those 32oz Showtime refills.

Post Thanks / Like
    4DSC,

Nice observations about my postings lately.

The main reason I still asked about EO Wet, Wipe and Shine for feedback even if I am very happy using it is because I am wondering so much why people do not seem to endorse the product here...

As for me, the product works as well as the other product and it cost way cheaper than the popular ones.

Good thing you replied, I never knew that there is a Petroleum Distillates ingredients on the EO Wet, Wipe and Shine...

From what I read on the labels... "MOST" Meguiars Products have Petroleun Distillates ingredients in them... so is it safe to conclude that all those long term users of Megs with PD have someway ruin their paint surface?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use EOWS for my pads when working with my PC...Plus I still have a dozen or so other brands on the shelf. Otherwise, I`m a Clearkote Quik Shine convert.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine is my favorite "off the shelf" QD[QUOTE]

I agree with Blackregal on this one. EOWS is one of my fav off the shelf QD`s. Its inexpensive, smells great, and leaves a nice shine. Its only like $3.99 a bottle.

I don`t think it compares to something like Clearkotes Quickshine or Griots SS but its good and great to have around.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    EO is my main squeeze. I prefer it to Meg`s QD. It gives a deeper shine on black cars. Easy on easy off. What is there not to like?:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that after doing a side-by-side comparison of the Eagle One, and Final Inspection, I like the Eagle One better. I found that the FI left streaks too easily while the EO buffed off leaving a nice shine with good slickness. The FI did feel a little bit slicker, but it is not worth the hassle to me.
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce

Great Feedback!!!!

I thought people hear do not like Eagle One Wet, Wipe and Shine...

Keep those feedbacks coming be it :up or :down at least we can get to know how the product works in different hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    In case you did not notice, I live in the Philippines and from here in our country we have a very few QD choices readily available;

1. Meguiars Final Inspection $12.00 (16 oz)

2. Meguiars Final Detail $12.00 (16 oz)

3. Meguiars Quick Detail $12.00 (16 oz)

4. Mothers California Gold Showtime $7.50 (16 oz)

5. Eagle One Wet, Wipe and Shine $4.90 (18 oz)

As you can see on the above price list, Meguiars Products here in our country is way "OVER PRICED". Mothers Products are competative enough but Eagle One Products are really priced good.

Since QD is a quick diminishing product. The price will do matter over a period of time. Since I am using Klasse SG, I can not use any QD with wax component thus, I opted to use Eagle One Wet, Wipe and Shine. Based on my current usage... I use up about 1 18 Oz EO QD a month... Is this a normal usage for for a QD or am I QD-ing too much?

Good thing somebody made a side-by-side comparision over Megs Final Inspection and EO Wet, Wipe and Shine. I felt good that my product of choice is better than Megs. Final Inspection.

I have also tried Mothers California Gold Shine that came along with my Mothers Clay Bar Kit but I did not like how it performed... very good though as clay lubricant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use E.O. w.s. all the time. I think it is the best for the price. It leaves a great shine and does not streak. I tried many q.d. and this is the best . I have a neighbor who never waxed his car only washed it once a week ,after a wash he sprays it down with E.O. and wipes it off . The car is dark blue and from 10 Ft. away it looks good, the second best looking on the block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jaim

From what I read on the labels... "MOST" Meguiars Products have Petroleun Distillates ingredients in them... so is it safe to conclude that all those long term users of Megs with PD have someway ruin their paint surface?
    No, the reason why the PDs bother me has nothing to do with the paint. I`m just paranoid that the PDs will degrade or partially eat some of the wax/sealant that I am QDing. Other QDs tend to have (small amounts of) alcohol, which is another thing people use to strip stuff. Like I said though, I have nothing to prove any of this. It just makes me feel better not to have them present and maybe it`s that 1% of extra gentleness that will make some kind of difference! :p

As far as cost goes, yeah even over here EO W&S is a couple dollars cheaper (if you can find it). I hate to sound like I`m promoting the Mothers product, but I`ve been quoted the refill costs about the same as a regular bottle, making that a bit cheaper than EO for me (if I wasn`t told the wrong price ).

Post Thanks / Like
    4DSC, you could always buy Showtime by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stanger99

4DSC, you could always buy Showtime by the gallon.
    Probably not up here. :p I`m too pessimistic to even ask because Crappy Tire doesn`t carry it, and neither does the only other auto parts chain that carries Mothers stuff around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it to mist my pads when I used glue-zerna. Occasionally I will mist it for DACP. I can`t say I`ve ever used it as a QD. I like the ones with wax in them- EF CP and PCM. Quikshine for my non-wax one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like eagle one wws..but I use megs FI and One grand show-off cause I can get them by the gallons...easilly...does anyone know if we can order EOWWS by the gallon?? could not find a place that does...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information