Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ahunt01

He seemed to think that the swirls never made it in my clear coat, and were probably in the Zaino layer.
    ahunt01, that`s been exactly my experience with Zaino. I`ve had some serious birdbomb stains and minor swirls, but found they were only in the armor-like Zaino layers, not in the clearcoat or paint. Gotta love Zaino for doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a PC number one! If the swirls are light, try the 3M PIII MG to remove as it does not have fillers. Or Menzerna FP, but I`d recommend the 3M as it`s easier and is known for great results. If the swirls are that bad, then yes DACP it first!

The new Z5 is a cream color, more thinner liquid. Z2 is pink, salmon color. My first new bottle had a red top which I donated to F150_91 as he did not have ANY Zaino and short on cash. The next Z2 did have the white top.

If you really think they are that light, stay with the 3M PIII MG and a PC white polish pad. Or you could use a hand glaze, but some have both oils and some do have carnuba.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Before I washed my car the swirls looked a lot worse for some reason. When I caused tons my own swirls from a car wash about 3 months after I bought the car brand spanking new, Zymol wax completely hid them. After dawning it and then switching to Z2, they were just awful. But after 5 coats of Z5, a month to let my arm heal lol, then another coat of Z5 and they were virtually gone.
    I`m not exactly clear about what sequence you followed here [maybe I`m just too tired!]. But be aware that if you apply wax on top of Zaino, you must be sure all that wax is gone (thru age or a Dawn wash) before you apply more Zaino. Is that what you did?

Post Thanks / Like
    hehe I was tired too when I typed it, it is kinda jumbled up.

When I first bought my car, after about 3 months I took it to a car wash with my friends, it swirled my car up pretty bad. I remember that after that happened I went over the car with #9 twice and it reduced the swirls about 50%. Then I used Zymol wax, and it filled the rest in great. I later discovered this message board, and got turned on to Zaino. I dawn washed my car at dusk so I didn`t know if the swirls returned then, but the next day when I brought the car in and used Z2/Zfx several times then brought the car out in the sun the next day it looked bad. Zaino amplified the swirls like everyone talkes about. After a total of about 6 coats of Z5 and the swirls were 96% gone (hid) for a couple of months. As of about a week ago the dealership put all new swirls in for me, yipee!

When I finish my college summer semester in two weeks I`m going to try another 3-5 coats of Z5/Zfx and see what happens. I`ll take a good before & after pic in the sun and with florescent lights. If that doesn`t do it then I`ll move to something more agressive.

Thanks for all the good help everyone
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like

As of about a week ago the dealership put all new swirls in for me, yipee!
    Isn`t it nifty how the dealerships will provide this generous service at no extra charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, they were amazed that their car washing guys swirled my car. According to the head of the service dept. "we try to change our water frequently." WTH, it sounded to me like they use one bucket and keep rubbing my car with a wet rag and dipping it back in the bucket to re-saturate it. :shocked And they were amazed it got swirled rofl.
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Limited V6 RAV4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information