Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    With all this talk about P21S/S100, I HAD to get some. Easy on/easy off, deep shine, quite a few people prefer it besidese Zaino(what I currently use) ...I had to try this stuff. Earlier this week I broke down and bought some from the local Harley dealer. As of right now, I`ve only got 2 coats of Z5 on my black Supra. I washed my car today and since I had nothing else to do, I waxed it with S100. The first thing I noticed was it wasn`t NEAR as easy to get off as I expected. Both my Zaino and #26 were easier to take off than the S100. It streaked easily so I had to keep a very observant eye while wiping off. I was using PakShak towels, BTW. You guys made it sound like it would almost be as easy as a QD. Also, about the cosmetic properties. I could only see the slightest difference between the S100 topped Z5 and just straight Z5.

Here`s my question. Was I expecting to much? Could I have done something wrong? Shed some lights guys. I`d like to think there`s more to S100 than what I`m experiencing

Patrick
    I think its a lil more hype than what its worth.....However it is easy to use, IMO...Doesnt leave any residual, so its a decent product, but Im a Polymer man myself, in the strict sense.....I use S100, to give my polys additional advantages...I have never used pure carnaubas on client cars for their depth or protection....Theres just too much to offer with todays Blackfires twins, Platinums, Poorboys (although i havent used it yet), Zainos (another one i havent used) and Klasse Twins....my .02.....

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is any more difficult to remove than a QD you`re leaving it on too long. Try doing smaller sections and remove it as soon as it hazes. It`s been extremely easy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my personal experiences with S100/P21S, I haven`t had a problem with streaking nor do I find S100 no more difficult than Z-2 or Z-5 to buff out. It is easier for me than Zaino due to not having to wait (20-30 mins if using zfx) for it to haze. Perhaps you were applying it on a too large of an area before buffing it out or allowing it to haze. I usually apply S100 in a 2-3 ft square area then immediately buff/wipe it off, which is similar to what I do when using a QD or Z-6. Using a QD can remove/eliminate any hazing or streaking without resorting to high effort buffing or adding more product to the affected area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either you were leaving it on too long or using waaaaaaaay too much. I`ve never had any streaking or removal issues with S100.

You need to use very thin layers and buff off immediately. Do a fender at a time then buff right away. You can`t glob it on the whole car then come back and try and remove it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with the emerging majority here. S100 was amazingly easy to apply and buff-off. :up Apply to one small section, buff off, move on.

If you`re having trouble buffing-off the S100, maybe these tips will help: Once it has hazed, if it seems too dry, spritz it with water (preferably, distilled water), then buff it with a good MF or high-quality cotton towel (like Autopia and DFTtowel sell).

My only reservation: I was applying S100 onto a zaino car (Z2; see my gallery), and thought it would add lots of depth/warmth. It didn`t. I`m much happier with unadulterated Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was doing. I`m was doing a panel at a time(which aren`t big panels). I thought I was using the right amount. I tried using as little wax as possible. I guess I just need more time under the pad. Thanks for the assurance. I figured it was user error. :p
    1994 Supra turbo SP67

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/
    picture/sraid65/
    pf24d52e9792f6c49a0daef1b40273d52/
    fbed84f8.jpg[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Im with ScottWax It will only streak or haze if you use to much. And never depend on just a carnuba always use a polymer or something before. S100 is just my topper over real protection IE Klasse,Zaino,BF II,EX,#20 Etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen

And never depend on just a carnuba always use a polymer or something before. S100 is just my topper over real protection IE Klasse,Zaino,BF II,EX,#20 Etc.
    I couldn`t disagree more strongly! On the Benz, because I wasn`t equipped to deal with all the swirls, I`ve been using a glaze followed by wax, no sealants. She looks quite nice. :up No doubt, she`ll look better, once I get around to the whole polish/glaze/Klasse routine I plan for her, but she doesn`t need all that to look good. The only drawback of a wax is that most aren`t very durable, so you have to reapply them every 2 weeks or so.

At least that`s my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve occasionally had streaking problems, but usually only when I still had residual water from the wash. It`s a lot easier to take off if you applied s100 to completely dry panels. I`ve found that using a qd to remove the bulk of s100 tends to cause smears... But it doesnt smear after you get off most of it and you use qd to catch spots you might have missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I will also get the darker lighter spots occasionally when water drips down from the mirrors or something but overall my expearience with S100 has been great. I always use it just for the finial detailing touch After polishing/Sealing.

You can still get really really nice results without polshing and sealing before wax. Glazes Work really nice on it also. Like Scotts VM topped with S100 combo. I was generally saying that never depend on just a carnuba for protection because they are the least durable protection on the scale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my personal experiences with S100/P21S, I haven`t had a problem with streaking

Same experiences here. I have never had any issues with S100 streaking or problems buffing. I just use light coats and wipe off before it hazes. I know that S100 is probably not that durable but I am using it as a topper over Klasse SG on my red truck. I think the S100 gives the shine so much more depth as oppposed to the sharpness from SG alone.

S100 is so easy to use its almost like your are QD`ing. It takes no time to wax the entire car.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using S100 in my wife`s car lately just for fun. It is like rubbing butter on the car. The only trick is to do it when it is warm out (no problems with that in July) and to wipe it off almost immediately after applying it. If you do more than one panel at a time before wiping it off, it`ll dry rock hard.

Sean

Patrick
    The only drawback of a wax is that most aren`t very durable, so you have to reapply them every 2 weeks or so.
    Lynn, Im with Frozen on this one.....I have never had a client bring me back a car 2-3 weeks later for touch up, thats why Im so pro Polymer topped with a Carnauba for the dust free advantages they offer......Polys have way to much to offer these days.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you applying the wax while the car is in the sun? I`ve never had applying/buffing S100 while in the shade, but in any direct sun, it`s a bugger to remove if left on for more than what seems like a few seconds.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information