Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a number of items from Everett Glass the other day, and as I was about to head back to his car, he mentioned that he had also added in a bonus - his new Carpet cleaner, which wasn`t on the website yet. So, before anyone asks (since I saw the horror that abounded from Scottwax`s review of ClearKote`s carnuba) - YES, he gave me a free can of it, with the only request that I post a review of the product here on Autopia (an honest review!) I am not receiving any dividends or financial gains from Mr. Glass - just a free can of carpet cleaner.

So - on to the item!

The can itself is a normal carpet shampoo foam can - no huge surprise there. It is an aerosol, so if you ship it you`ll have to go by ground.

Instructions are simple and straightforward, and similar to basically every other carpet shampoo I`ve used:

Vacuum thoroughly before using.

Test for Color-Fastness

Spray from approx. 2 feet

Scrub in until the foam disappears

Let dry

Vacuum again (2-3 hours later)

Pretty simple - Following the directions to the letter, the results were good. Scrubbing it in was more difficult than on some carpet shampoos I`ve used (though, those have always been on indoor carpets, these were on floormats). I tested this on a pair of front floormats out of a Suburban, and a floormat out of my own MR2 that had a particularly nasty stain (this one had been sitting in my garage for the past 10 months, it`s been replaced but I never threw it away). Scrubbing it into the stain took a fair amount of elbow grease - expect to sweat a bit if your carpet has real problems. Drying took less time than the can said it would, but I also left the mats out in the sun while I detailed the Suburban, so that probably affected it. Vacuuming before and after was about as easy as vacuuming usually is - but be sure to do a thorough job. If you use it on floormats, I would suggest beating them before vacuuming both times.

Overall results: Good, but not incredible. It took out 95% of the stain in the MR2 mat (you can see it in the top right corner of the first pic below). If you`re looking for a carpet shampoo - this stuff is definitely worth a try. If you already have one that you`re supremely happy with (or if you`re blessed enough to own a steam cleaner), you probably wouldn`t see any marked improvement by changing to the ClearKote product. My only gripes are that it`s an aerosol (which makes it hard to ship), it took more scrubbing than some products I`ve used, though the results were good. The can also seemed to feel like I`d go through it pretty quickly - but I may have overapplied. I`ll continue to use this once it`s released on the market, as it DID work well on that nasty stain on the black MR2 mat (it actually restored it enough to where I can use that mat again - I hadn`t been able to lift that much of it before).

Instructions: 4/5 - Simple and to the point, but could have been a little more detailed

Ease of use: 3/5 - More scrubbing involved than some other products I`ve used, but that could also be attribute to it being a somewhat milder shampoo

Color fastness - 5/5 - Actually made the MR2 mat

Results - 4/5 - Returned the Suburban carpets to as new as I`ve seen them since the car was bought, lifted all but the nastiest stain on the MR2 mat, and even that was 95% gone, so not perfect, but as close as I`ve seen without using a steam cleaner or something similar

Overall - 4/5

Note about the pics: I am NOT a great photographer. My finger in front of the lens should be strong evidence of that. The different lighting conditions is because I was finishing up the car at dusk, and the pics were all taken outside. I also decided to let Autopia admire my pedicure in the last picture :p It`s hard to tell the results from pictures, as most minor stains don`t show up very well (and my camera is fairly old) - but the carpets turned out quite nicely.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...eforeblack.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...afterblack.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...eforedrive.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...afterdrive.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...beforepass.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...9afterpass.jpg

Edit: I linked the pics, my uploader is being weird and giving me an error - but be forewarned, they`re pretty big.

Any questions, feel free to ask here in the thread or by PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Any questions, feel free to ask here in the thread or by PM
    Yowza! OK, my question is: Can you resize those pix so I can view this thread without needing a 48" screen?? :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, I forget not everybody has their detail set the same as me - I`ll have to do it a bit later, but check back tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried it too. It isn`t a Clearkote `original` product, but Everett plans on being a distributer for it.

It is a pretty effective aerosol, but like SickOfItAll says, it probably won`t be a replacement for an extractor. For the average enthusiast though, it is simple to use, does a nice job and leaves a nice minty scent behind.

I don`t have these pics hosted, so I`ll have to attach them one by one.

Before:
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    During...nice and foamy. Used a small plastic bristle bush to scrub the dirt. Now that I have that B&D Scumbuster, it would be even easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    And after. I took the pics on a partly cloudy day, so that is why the pics don`t all have the same brightness.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Scott the results look amazing in those last pics. Its still a really nice carpet cleaner even if you dont have the money or dont want to invest into a Extractor. When Will all of these products be avalible to purchase IE Clearkotes Carnuba,Carpert Cleaner. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen

Well Scott the results look amazing in those last pics. Its still a really nice carpet cleaner even if you dont have the money or dont want to invest into a Extractor. When Will all of these products be avalible to purchase IE Clearkotes Carnuba,Carpert Cleaner. ?

The carnuba should be available sometime during the week of July 21st (don`t hold me to that though, it`s out of my control!) and I`m not sure about the cleaner. I think the new wash mitts will be out soon also. From the description, they sound like they are the size of a catcher`s mitt!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnuba should be out soon - when I spoke to Everett on Monday, he told me he was expecting about 2-3 weeks.

As far as the wash mitts - I saw one of them while I was picking my stuff up and they are *HUGE* and very VERY nice looking - I thought about offering to buy that one, but didn`t do so - my current one works and I dont` need to be spending any more money than I have to :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Vanilla moose offer any protection like some kind of carnuba or.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen

Does Vanilla moose offer any protection like some kind of carnuba or.

Yes, it has the same petroleum based wax base that Moose Wax has.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smoker

??? Please enlighten me as to why you think this is spam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sick, I don`t think he was referring to your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information