Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The subject I found for this challenge is a 13 year old black truck with badly oxidized paint. You can see from the "before" photos that there is no indication of any gloss or shine at all, not even the reflection of the overhead light.

For those unaware, Acrylic Werks is a product which claims to not only seal and protect your paint but also remove oxidation, haze from lights and plastic windows and swirls from your paint with NO abrasive cleaners at all. So when Mr, Gonzales, the distributor said he would be in San Antonio soon I said I wanted a demo of this product and that I would do one side of a hood and he the other. Now mind you there is only ONE product in the Acrylic Werks line and the claim is that it will do ALL of the above without abrasive cleaners.

Mr. Gonzales asked me to get a real winner of a car to test on so I believe I did just that. Now to be fair, the claims of swirl remover cannot be tested on this car as there are no swirls BUT I do have a red car that we can test for that which is badly swirled on the hood. I will post the results of that here also.

Well here are a few "before" pics. My method of attack was a rotary with a Das Polster orange pad, Meguiars Heavy Duty Cleaner #4, two passes with this combo, then an orange pad and a 1500 grit leveler, cleansing lotion by hand then AIO by hand. Now the reason I used such an aggressive cleaner, at 1300 rpm`s, was to demonstrate that Mr. Gonzales claims of these products, and even waxes, being destructive and doing more harm than good for your paint is in error! The paint, while in horrible shape, is not burned nor did it introduce "more" scratches or swirls. As far as I can tell there are no swirls in the side I buffed but then again because it was raining, I was not able to take it outside and check in the sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Before #2

Post Thanks / Like
    After

Post Thanks / Like
    This is another after picture showing some reflection. I will contact Mr. Gonzales and he can come over and work his stuff out on the other half of the hood and who knows, it might work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Great job, Anthony! Thanks for making everything so scientific an unbiased. Now, all we have to do is wait to see the results of Acrylic Werks.

Post Thanks / Like
    gary,

Thanks. The funny thing was that the paint was so dull that the owner, who is a locksmith, had no idea he had so many hail dents until the reflection showed them. Because of that he said he liked it better dull!!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that too, and was going to ask about that. Sometimes it`s better to have dull paint! :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy **** thats some really nice work man I love that hood it looks like 2 diffrent panels put togather. What was the 1300 grit leveler you used ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

This is going to be very interesting. Has Mr. Gonzalez given you any indication when he will be arriving?

Nice work on "your half" :p Gotta love rotarys for for neglected finishes. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotarys are Great but I been meaning to get a PC of a while now to apply Glazes and AIO type things but I guess I can do the same with the rotary with proper pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t apply a glaze with a rotary. Read a little closer, he did AIO and cleansing lotion by HAND.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Major improvement, Anthony! Pretty funny about the hail dents...I get that numb feeling when I clean my car because I got pounded in late April by hail. Not that many dents though.

Keep us posted about the results Mr. Gonzales gets from his stuff.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you did a great job on that hood... now onto the other half of the challenge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. I just wish the paint looked like mine in sunlight. Acrylicwerks will probably remove the oxidation so perhaps another test vehicle will land in your lap before the test that has spiderwebs/swirls.

Just my two cents.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Kick his ***, Seabass!
    370HSSV

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information