Thread: Menzerna Twins

Post Thanks / Like
    For the people just interested in results:

Before:

After (IP, not the FP)

I received these products just shortly after they were made availible from CMA. However, I hadn`t had much of a chance to try them untill a few weeks ago. Luckly I had the camera with me.

The paint on the car was fresh paint about 2 months old (hail damage had the whole car repainted). The quality definatly wasn`t bad, but it could of been much much better. After the first real wash (with dawn) i saw a lot of buffer marks on the side from the body shop. I figured it would be a great opportunity to give the twins a try.

IP: The Menzerna Intensive Polish is good stuff. I previously used 3M FI-II for the tough jobs, but decided it was a huge pain to work with and wanted something better. I applied it with my PC and speeds of ~4 with the Orange pad from CMA. This stuff is fairly easy to work in following the CMA instructions, but is rather difficult to get off. I think a little easier than FI-II, but still takes some work. It does leave some milkyness, so it needs to be followed with another lighter abrasive (like FP).

The only major problem I had was following CMAs instructions in using a 50/50 mixture of alcohol and water to remove the stuff. It did make removing it a little easier. But the alcohol really dries the paint. This made it much much more difficult to follow up with the IP and even AIO. Other products were much harder to remove because of the dry paint. I assume that a QD will help to remove the stuff much like the Alcohol/water solution, but not cause all the problems. The next time i use this product I will definatly try the QD instead.

The milkyness is quite aparent (you can see it in the pic), but isn`t that hard to get rid of. I`m not sure what people are saying about this stuff not being very strong. My swirls and buffer marks were fairly severe, and this stuff removed them all except for the really deep ones. I had my big 500 watt lighting setup to inspect the paint, and could easily see the difference. On the front driver side fender now (i`m following this post up with a tutorial of this fender with lots of pics on how to use the stuff), there are litterally so few marks that i could go through and name them all. I don`t think it`s going to leave the paint 100% perfect and mark free, but i`m not sure there is a whole lot out there that this couldn`t make a huge improvement on.

FP: This stuff worked good, but i wasn`t *** impressed as the IP. The Final Polish was applied again using the PC, but with a grey pad. My biggest complaint about it was that it was very difficult to remove, and the results were not as aparent as the IP. I`m fairly sure the dificult to remove part is because of the alcohol drying the paint. I didn`t get any good shots of the results, but i`m sure there was some improvements. The milkyness definatly went away. I followed up after it with some AIO (by hand). I`m not sure if both are necessary, and if the AIO was able to remove the milkyness i would chose it hands down. But for what this product claims to do, I think i`ll keep trying it. I`m not sure i can form an opinion yet, as i have a few more tests to run. I think it has potential, i just need to figure it out.

Anyway i hope this will help some people deciding on what products to use. If anyone is interested in more detail in what the process was, i`m posting a really indepth tutorial on what i did. I`ll post the link here when i`m done with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dr, I`m sure that the FP leaves something on the paint, preparing it for sealing/waxing. Skip the AIO, wax it or use EX or UPP on top and you`ll see :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i would love the pix of after the FP
    2002 GTI 24V VR6

Thread Information