I bought some 303 Shower Shield from the 303 website a couple of weeks back. It took quite a while to arrive, but they don`t charge shipping for anything under $50.

I was anxious to try it out, so the day I got the SS I decided to apply it to the bathroom sink to see how well it works. According to the 303 website, 303 SS "leaves an invisible, repellent finish that nothing can stick to." Cool, that`s what I want. The bottle said it`s safe for cultured marble, and that`s what our bathroom sink is made out of. To make sure the 303 SS had a clean base to adhere to, I cleaned the sink with a 50:50 mixture of water:isopropyl alcohol. Then I applied the SS according to the directions. Basically, you just spray it on and then wipe it off. After the initial wipe, I left a haze on the sink for about 30 minutes, just to make sure it adhered. Then I buffed it to a shine like the directions said.

It beaded water, so I figured it was good to go. The instructions say it lasts 4-6 weeks in the shower. Well, this stuff lasted less than 24 hours in the sink! What a disappointment.

I`ve used various sealants on the sink: Blackfire, Platinum, Zaino, Klasse. BF, UPP, and Z2 (and Z5) all last more than a week on the sink. They will bead water very well for about 7 days, then beading will diminish over the next week or so. The 303 SS certainly doesn`t do as well as any of these sealants.

I`ll probably use the 303 SS in the shower, just to see if it lasts longer than in the sink. Maybe it will last longer on the plastic tub-surround...