Thread: AIO as QD

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried a search but could not narrow it down so here is the question :

Has anyone diluted AIO an used as a QD? Does the diluted AIO still clean off the toppers?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO would be a very bad QD. Its not just going to disolve in water. It wouldn`t be a very effective product if it were that water soluable. I have heard of people putting SG in water and trying that as a QD. AIO is a very good cleaner and definitely not what you would want to use as a detailing spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think diluted AIO would be just like diluted AIO.... I mean a really weak, watered-down spray wax-like stuff. One property of QD that makes it safe is lubrication, and I`m not sure if AIO will add this to the water when mixed. I could see maybe using diluted SG after a wash or proper QD session, but AIO? I dunno.... :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    pak is not the first person to suggest this.

Concours direct (http://concoursdirect.com/5minutedetail.html) says this:

"Another great attribute of Klasse All-in-One is that it is water soluble in its liquid form. So all you have to do is take an empty and cleaned out 16 oz bottle and add 2-3 ounces of Klasse All-in-One and fill the bottle with water. Just shake and spray and wipe. This is great for giving your car or boat or plane or whatever that just waxed look and feel in 5-10 minutes and not waste the Klasse All-in-One."

I`m not advocating this, just pointing out that it is a reasonable question.

Has anybody tried it?
    2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

World Rally Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    nope never tried it becasue AIO is billed as a cleaner/polish that preps a surface for a real wax. AIO is used for stripping whatever is on a car`s surface so I wouldn`t think even a mild cleaning is what you want since it would probably remove more protection than it would add on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RhinoNC

pak is not the first person to suggest this.

Concours direct (http://concoursdirect.com/5minutedetail.html) says this:

"Another great attribute of Klasse All-in-One is that it is water soluble in its liquid form. So all you have to do is take an empty and cleaned out 16 oz bottle and add 2-3 ounces of Klasse All-in-One and fill the bottle with water. Just shake and spray and wipe. This is great for giving your car or boat or plane or whatever that just waxed look and feel in 5-10 minutes and not waste the Klasse All-in-One."

I`m not advocating this, just pointing out that it is a reasonable question.

Has anybody tried it?
    Yeah I know, and I remember reading that. I just disregard it.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to give it a try worked great. In the past have used

CM,QS,EO,Mothers and a couple of others must say mixed very

well with distilled water and is comparable to Quickshine in the

feel after wiping with a MF. With all the Klasse fans onboard I

thought someone had tried this to tell if it removes the topper in

the mixed diluted form? The car had on it Klasse AIO and S100 as

the topper but this wash I noticed sporadic beading so I

decieded to try the AIO QD till I get SG (which I have never used

but have been totally satisfied with AIO and S100 or Souveran).

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AIO as a QD on my summer wheels and it works good for me, for that application. I put AIO on just before I put the wheels back on the car and then maintain them with the AIO QD between weekly washings. I like it but I wouldn`t use it on a waxed surface!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just used AIO as QD twice I`m waiting for Klasse SG this Thursday so to recap I was just experminting with it and thought it was really good as a QD. My question is in its diluted form 2 oz. to 12-13 oz of water does it remove the topper? Both my vehicles are ready for complete summer treatment. I thought it would be good to experiment with something new. I guess you guys aren`t ready for that yet!!! LOL!!!. As soon as the SG arrives I will be going thru the whole routine:

Dawn wash

Clay

Megs #9

Possibly some 3M finish restorer on more stubborn paint artifacts

AIO x2

SG X2 or 3

S100

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to say at what dilution rate will the AIO actually "do as expected", or not. I`ve never experimented with it that way but as one part AIO to four parts water I find it mixes well and has good lubricity, SG on the other hand claims not to be water soluble and from my experience with it it doesn`t mix well with water at all, while still a liquid itself. I like AIO as a QD for my wheels, it`s cheap, quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by medic

nope never tried it becasue AIO is billed as a cleaner/polish that preps a surface for a real wax. AIO is used for stripping whatever is on a car`s surface so I wouldn`t think even a mild cleaning is what you want since it would probably remove more protection than it would add on.

AIO is an acrylic sealant as well as a great paint cleaner. I tried it as a QD some time ago and got good results. I have since moved on from AIO and SG to another system, but think the AIO QD is a pretty good "quick tune up" for the Klasse system. AIO is really good stuff, IMO its the best chemical cleaner, prep products there is.

Thread Information