Post Thanks / Like
    Have used the Poorboys QD+ a couple of times now with a spray bottle. It usually dries to a haze before I can spread evenly. Anyone out there have any better methods of application?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s ok..but it`s better to spray into a mf cloth and then apply and turn over or use a second mf cloth to wipe off..you`ll use less and get it spread evenly...

am i anybody:nixweiss
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    From the descriptions of preferred application methods, QD+ sounds very much like the Meguire`s new Quik Wax. The price difference is substantial. Is there a difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    If that`s the case Steve, why send a spray head with it?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, we looked long and hard for the perfect sprayer and that was the closest we`ve come so far...here`s another suggestion that a few people have already done including myself and use it as a spray...Nattybumppo told me of these 2-3oz sprayers at Walmart with a fine mist...I bought one and it was perfect ...I use it all the time and I`m looking into getting some in mass quantity. It gives complete control to where you spray, especially on cars....now on larger SUV`s and trucks, I`ve used the sprayers that are sent with no probems, since their panels are so much larger. It does not have to be applied to a cloth or left to dry to a haze either but they are options.

It can also be used on a dusty surface and in the sun Gadfly, which is not the case of the Meguires.

One more fact we`ve already tested is that it can easily give 6-8 weeks of glow and protection over a well prepared surface.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    saab 9-5,

You should do a quick seach on QD+ (there has already been some discussion on application process that may help).

As Steve mentioned the 3 oz spray bottles (I got it from wal Mart) work nice. I would do a small section at a time (so the product is still spreadable). I use that method as well as spraying it onto a mf. I have recently been experimenting with spraying it onto a slightly damp mf (with s&w) and the spread has been better and the shine:up .

Gadfly, I have not tried the quik wax, but, QD+ is used by me as a QD to enhance the existing wax (in this case s100/ps21 or souveran). It is by no means a regular qd and does more in terms of enhancing/preserving the shine than other products I have used. People, including myself, have used successfully QD+ in between layers of EX and carnauba toppers, which I do not think the quick wax is meant for. In terms of any scientific answer I will leave that to others more knowledgeble. My .02.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Thread Information