Post Thanks / Like
    Noticed the new orange pad today but can`t find much feedback from the forum on its pros and cons. Every spring I successfully use a combo of the CMA white and yellow pads with SMR to eliminate those over-the-winter swirls that develop. Now there`s a new miracle pad that "does it all". Really? Like to hear from those that have tried it with the PC.

Thx.

Black Saab 9-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Saabman

Noticed the new orange pad today but can`t find much feedback from the forum on its pros and cons. Every spring I successfully use a combo of the CMA white and yellow pads with SMR to eliminate those over-the-winter swirls that develop. Now there`s a new miracle pad that "does it all". Really? Like to hear from those that have tried it with the PC.

Thx.

Black Saab 9-5

I am assuming we are talking about the CMA Orange Power Pad? I wouldn`t call it the miracle pad that does everything. It does not have quite the cutting power of the CMA yellow pad. I would call it a polishing pad with some bite It does not appear to leave any hazing or marring even with stiff pressure and or high speed on the PC. The only down side I have found and I think someone else mentioned it as well is that it does get clogged up fairly easily even if you use product sparingly. :nixweiss I find I have to wash it out after a couple of panels for it to remain effective. Other than that I love them and have ordered several. I especially like the 4 inch ones for hitting hard to reach spots. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that the orange pad and DACP give excellent results, but like the last poster said -- it gets gummed up quickly. There was no haze, so I didn`t need to use anything else. My truck is red, so I don`t know if you would be able to see any hazing on black.

One more thing, I found that the pad got a lot softer when it was rinsed in hot water so was easier to wring out that way. It returned to its normal consistency when it cooled down.

Here`s a recent thread about the orange pad:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=23587

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using one of the orange power pads with Menzerna IP, and it seemed to clog fairly quickly as well. When you guys clean these off between panels, do you just use them again damp?

BTW, the IP cleaned up the swirls and very light scratches nicely on my daughters gold Saturn SC1 (the sacrificial lamb that I am learning to use my PC 7424 on). I also used some 3M PI LCRC on another orange pad and it seemed about the same as the IP for scratch removal, but the IP left a smoother finish. I have white and yellow pads on order, and I have some 3M PI MCRC that I`m going to try as well. I have also located some DACP that I will pick up sometime next week....

All of this practice and research before I hit my dad`s red 97 F150, my wife`s Redrock Pearl 02 Honda Odyssey, and then my black 03 F150.....

Thread Information