Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Poorboy`s Professional Polish and EX sealant for the first time yesterday.

Professional Polish: This was applied with a PC and a Meguiar`s yellow (polishing) pad. The polish is a liquid and has just the right consistency -- neither too thick nor too thin. It smells like oranges smell and reminds me of one of those citrus household cleaners. The Professional Polish soaks right into the pad. Application is very easy with the PC.

I don`t know how effective the product is for removing oxidation, because my paint was in good shape. I do suspect that it isn`t that effective, frankly, because it was unable to remove some water spots. The Professional Polish doesn`t seem that strong. That`s good, though, for those of us with paint that is in good shape.

Unfortunately, the Professional Polish was a horror to remove. It was extremely difficult to buff out and, worse yet, streaked like crazy. I was never able to remove all of the streaks; I simply applied the EX over them and hoped that it would dissolve the remaining streaks (it did).

Admittedly, I used the product in direct sunlight, and everyone always cautions against this. However, I have always been able to apply and remove other products in direct sunlight without any difficulty.

I may also have used too much product -- when I did other portions of the car, I used less and it was easier to buff out -- but the instructions don`t provide any guidance on how much to use. Also, I have on occasion used too much of other products, such as S100, and have never had this much trouble removing them. Other products are more forgiving.

However, the most notable feature of the Professional Polish was that it added TREMENDOUS depth to my paint. I mean TREMENDOUS depth. You could see the results immediately. I was shocked at how good the paint looked; no other product I have ever used has ever looked this great. Wow. In light of this, the difficulty I experienced with removal was worthwhile. The depth it adds is fantastic.

In sum, the polish delivered good depth, but didn`t seem to be a very powerful oxidation remover and was extremely difficult to use.

EX: This product is incredible. My first impression is that it is everything it claims to be. It`s a polymer that looks exactly like a carnuba. Exactly like one. Application was a breeze; I simply misted a tan Meguiar`s (glazing) pad with water and applied with my PC. I waited one hour, per the instructions, and buffed off the EX with ease.

I cannot begin to describe how good the EX looks. It is as reflective as Zaino and as deep as S100. This morning, I saw very little dust on my paint.

The whole point of EX is to combine the appearance of a carnuba with the durability of a polymer, and it appears to have delivered the goods.

If EX is a durable as it claims to be (the bottle says 6-9 months), then we may have a new class leader. I can`t say enough about this product.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you had good luck with Poorboys, except for the removal of the polish (I had the same problem with Menzerna Final). Have you tried the new Blackfire? If so, I`d be curious to hear how it compares with Poorboys, since it too has a carnauba look to it.
    Caution: You`ve entered a No Swirl Zone

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Poorboys EX on my Mercedes wagon last week to replace the Backfire I had used the previous wax job. I would say that the EX has a much deeper shine to it, to early to tell how long it lasts. I did top EX with PPG and have attached one pic to give you an idea of the shine. The car is silver and the pic was taken on a normal overcast Seattle day but hope this gives you some idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more pic that might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t have any problem at all with the Pro Polish. I think I`d agree with you that you must have applied it too thick.....maybe WAY too thick `cause I put everything on too thick and I didn`t have any problem wiping the polish off and no streaks. I sure agree with you on the outcome and the Spray and Wash is just as good or better!
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pro polish is probably the closest thing to a pure polish in the Poorboy arsenal. If you want something with more cleaningpower (like 3M smr) try the SSR lines in the Poorboy products (they have a mild, medium, and strong versions).

I too like the EX on my silver and black volvos. The sliver is like a reflective mirror with great depth. It is the sealant imo that has the most carnauba look to it and it collects very little dust. I experimented with my black volvo: it has AIO,4 x SG, and 2 x souveran. There has been rain often so I am not sure how much of the souveran is there (there still is some, though). I washed the car and then layered on it 2 x EX. The car looks great. I then topped it with a layer of souveran and then s100/ps21 :up.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    The Pro polish is easy to use and it works well on light oxidation when applied with an orbiltal. I did it the other day to a 94 Toyota Van. It remove the oxidation and left a nice shine. It didn`t leave the paint as smooth as my Rotary and Pro`s P-11 though.

The only time I had problems buffing off the Pro polish was when I hit an edge of a panel and it kind of left a thicker residue on the paint. I use MF towels for removal.

Poorboy`s webpage has been updated with his new products.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some of the Poorboys products which I have found to be very good, didn`t know about the Pro Polish anyone have any in depth info on this. Is it a sealant polish like Blackfire Polish, Platinum Cleaner or AIO or more like SEPC, #7, or IHG. I have been using AIO and UPP before EX, I am curious if the Pro Polish is the best solution before EX.

Post Thanks / Like
    After hearing so many good things about Poorboy Products I placed an order for all 3 of the Swirl Removers, the Pro Polish, EX, S&W, QD+ and what the hay, a 6 pack of new mf towels. LOL! Did i miss any other products that i should have ordered.

Any suggestions on applying any of them that has not already been covered? Has anyone used any of the Pinncle prducts along with Poorboys? Such as layering Souveran over EX or EX over Souveran??

Thanks
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    f150smith...look at AMP99`s beemer..he also did a review and is using Souvern over EX....even i am at his finish...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poorboy !

f150smith,

I have had great results on a well polished surface using EX as a base and Souveran as a topper.

Here are a couple of pics with EX x 3 and a Souveran topper on my jet black BMW.

So far, for dark colors, EX topped with Souveran is my favorite combo. :xyxthumbs

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    AMP99 That is one of the most impressive pics i`ve ever seen.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Pro Polish or any of the SSR contain any fillers? Please let us know. And your POLISH WITH 100% CARNUBA is that like a Klasse AIO or Paint Cleaner/Wax?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No they don`t contain fillers, but do have diminishing abrasives.

Yes the Polish with Carnuba is an all in one cleaner with wax, and is meant for new or very well maintained vehicles...fast ans easy ..even in the sun
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought poorboy`s ex came of easier than anything I have ever used in my life. And I have yet to see a streak from it. How long did you let it sit on there? I usually let it sit for an hour before I take it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information