Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday my friend bought a brand new 2003 Black Nissan Maxima. We did`nt even allow the dealer to take any of the plastic off.

This morning we decided to clay both of our cars. Well when we went to Pep Boys I opted for the Mother`s Clay Bar like I always do and he opted for the cheaper Clay Magic Bar.

So we`re off and we start claying away on our freshly washed cars. After about a 15 minutes into the job he starts freaking out. The clay magic is leaaving some sort of white residue all over the paint. When we tried to remove it with my clay bar it would not come out. We even tried glaze but still no difference.

So at this point he`s fuming and we go back to Pep Boys and pick up Mother`s Clay. Needless to say the area where we used the Mother`s was absolutely flawless. We`re still trying to figure out how to get the white stains out of his paint.

So from our experience it`s best to avoid this clay and stick with high quality clay like Mother`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s funny. I`ve always had good experiences with Clay Magic.

I wonder what could have happened...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a pretty bold statement to make about Clay Magic clay bars based on one experience. Did you use the lube that came with the kit? Did you let it dry on the paint? Did you try washing the car again?

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of prep did the dealer do to the 350Z?

This could be glue residue from the transport film. Did you try an adhesive remover?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely wouldn`t judge Clay Magic by the experience you had with one bar. Besides, it was your friend using the Clay Magic so you really can`t know if he did something wrong. I`ve used Clay Magic on dozens of cars for the last couple years and I`ve never had anything but a postitive experience. Saying that Clay Magic is bad based on one experience that may have been caused by something other than the clay is a little hasty. I`ve never seen any substance left by any clay bar I`ve ever used. That doesn`t really sound like something that the clay would have put down. What were you doing claying a 2003 automobile anyway? I wouldn`t think a car that new would need anything more than a waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys are probably right...I am kind of jumping to conclusions and it was my friend doing the claying and not me.

As far as claying a 2003 Maxima, it was to get all the glue and other crud that had adehered to the car in the last 4 months that it sat on the lot for. The paint was rough in areas that did not have plastic on it and there was glue all over the place.

Sorry to jump to conclusions. Thanks for knocking some sense into me guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a thought... Maybe he was just smearing this adhesive around that you were trying to remove. That`s a thought. Just out of curiosity, why did you go back for more mother`s? Why not just use the bar you were using?

Definitely give Clay Magic another shot. It is really awesome stuff as far as the consumer clay bars go. Mother`s would be second on my list for sure. I like Clay Magic a bit better because it is a little stickier and I don`t feel like I`m going to drop it. It kind of sticks to your fingers and helps keep you from dropping it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Here`s a thought... Maybe he was just smearing this adhesive around that you were trying to remove. That`s a thought. Just out of curiosity, why did you go back for more mother`s? Why not just use the bar you were using?

Definitely give Clay Magic another shot. It is really awesome stuff as far as the consumer clay bars go. Mother`s would be second on my list for sure. I like Clay Magic a bit better because it is a little stickier and I don`t feel like I`m going to drop it. It kind of sticks to your fingers and helps keep you from dropping it.

I made him get another one because I really don`t like anyone using my stuff in case he drops it or something. Plus the only people that I let use my equipment are people who can detail at the same caliber I do.

Basically I was teaching my friend how to detail today and so he had no prior experience with alot of the items we used. It was kind of frustrating at times but atleast now he knows how to properly detail his car:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, a car sat on a dealer lot for 4 months and they never removed the plastic? That`s usually the first thing they do when it comes in. The only way to avoid that is usually if you order the car and leave very specific instructions.

Also, I don`t think clay is the product to use to remove glue. Did you wash the car after removing the plastic and prior to claying?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m puzzled too. I`ve always had very good experience with Clay Magic. I`d have to agree with others about the glue residue left on the paint.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Clay Magic three times now and have nothing but good things to say about it. I also agree with others that the adhesive was spread around when claying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay Magic is my friend...Ive gone threw about four bars of the stuff and love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay Magic is my favorite clay bar. Something else must be going on here. I don`t think it`s the fault of Clay Magic.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was just one of those "freaky" things. Once I got some Pinnacle poly clay, and both bars were like little yellow cement chunks. Dry & coarse, unable to fold. :angry My usual bars are Mother`s & Clay Magic. I understand your frustration though.....needless to say that was my last time with poly clay.

PEACE

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay majic is owned by Auto Majic. They own the patent for clay in the USA. They have won ever court case against every competitor for the use of the clay bar. Very soon you will findall clay in some way will have to be purchased through Auto majic. Their clay is one of the best out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information