Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had excelent results with Clay Magic. I am glad to hear you like the Mothers as I have bought like 6 bars in last month. The kits were on sale for $3.00 and I could not pass up just one more after the orignal few I bought! I have not tried it but figured it has to be better than Meguires as theres is not very good in my opinion. (from my experience) Now if I could get clay magic so cheap!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard different..that the importers are using a different way of making it and their patent doesn`t cover it...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you use clay to remove glue residue?

Post Thanks / Like
    I perfer the mothers clay and QD. Guess is right, several on this site have recommended 3m adhesive, tar and bug remover with good success. I believe you can find the 3M product at Wal mart

Good luck

here the thread on the 3m product:http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=17278

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rightlane

I perfer the mothers clay and QD

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    why woudnt you NOT want to clay a new car? seems the general consensus here is that there is a lot of overspray/fallout/rail dust on cars right from the factory?

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay Magic is great stuff...don`t fear the lube!!! use lots and lots of it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, what everyone else said. Clay magic did wonders for me. Just my .02. Blue clay comes to save the day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it for the first time 5 months ago. I noticed the residue, but it came off after polishing the car. This was the first time in say, 80k miles the car had ever been clayed. So, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s been widely reported that the inexpensive “Clay Magic†sold in Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc. is not the same product as the real Clay Magic! But, that is only hearsay - I’ve never used the cheap Clay Magic myself.

My experience with blue Clay Magic (the real thing) has always been positive. Use plenty of lubricant and a light touch! I recommend using a shampoo/water solution in a spray bottle instead of a dedicated lube or a QD. Less chance of marring and lower cost too!
    <B>OCD</B> sufferer and charter member of the
    <B>A</B>nal <B>R</B>etentive <B>Z</B>3 <B>O</B>wners <B>A</B>ssociation

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got my box of CM with me. Apparantly the stuff is manufactured and is a registered trade mark of the Auto Wax Company. It also says it`s made in Japan, covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents: 5,716,259; 5,476,416; 5,727,993; 5,676,714; 5,928,064; and 6,241,579.

It`s the black box with the guy that looks like a blue version of Gumbi, and some cartoony depcictions of paint conatimnents on the side--very clever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

I used it for the first time 5 months ago. I noticed the residue, but it came off after polishing the car. This was the first time in say, 80k miles the car had ever been clayed. So, who knows.

Hmm, I tried it today, I also noticed the reside on the area I used it on. The claybar itself is so sticky I am convinced that this reside came from the bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the `cheap` Clay magic ($9 from AutoZone) and never had any problems.

I use enough lube so the clay doesnt feel sticky when im actually using it, and yes ... it leaves a white residue on the paint when I`ve finished.

That just washes away when I give the panel a quick rinse tho, so I`ve never had any problems.

Lube-wise, I`ve used the CM lube that comes with it, QD and soapy water, they all work just as good as long as you always use plenty.

I guess thats the key.

As for new cars being clean ...... I used to live in the busiest port in the UK where they imported 80% of the foreign cars into Britain.

They had two MASSIVE refinishing places there repairing and upgrading 100`s of BRAND NEW cars a day.

They are generally shipped by rail or dumped in holding yards for months on end before they get called to the dealers and their (usually) incompetent detailer.

A `new` car can be up to 9 months old before you actually get it.

Food for thought....................

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Smoker

I use enough lube so the clay doesnt feel sticky when im actually using it, and yes ... it leaves a white residue on the paint when I`ve finished....

It feels sticky on your hand, not on the paint surface where I dould not use it without the lube. I know my other claybars felt sticky as well, but not like this.

Here is another thought: befire I tried it, I did not remove the Klasse from the area (using a wax remover). So may be the reside was what`s left of the AIO I put on last?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have to pipe up on this.

I think Clay Majic, the alledgedly cheap stuff from AutoZone, is terrific. You want a sticky clay. Sure, it`ll stick to your hands at first. But lube your hands, lube the car. Lube lube lube. If you don`t run out of the lube they give you about 75% thought your bar ( I cut mine into six peices and run out on peice 4 or 5) they you aren` t using enough.

Sorry about your pal`s car. But it probably wan`t the clay. It`s going to be made in big batches, and QC would catch any freaky product before it got out.

For glue on the paint...depending on how much there was...I`d do bug n` tar first. Seems harsh, but, heck, it`s glue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information