Thread: S100

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m reminded of a line from "Finnian`s Rainbow." "When I`m not near the one I love, I love the one I`m near." Last week, after a Wipe and Shine clean up and a quick detail with Quick Shine, I applied a coat of S100 Paste Wax. Oh, MY!

I had previously extolled the virtues of Platinum and Moose Wax. I "fell in love" with each in turn. Now my current "love" is S100.

I had preped the black Santa Fe as best I could after the Platinum - 3M SMR, Vanilla Moose. Moose Wax was then applied. VERY nice finish, but I still had some minor spiderweb swirls. The S100 Paste Wax really reduced the visibility of those blemishes! Hence my current love affair with S100.

The "look" is different with S100. It seems more "bright," and I like the look. Platinum was very good as was the Moose Wax. I think that I liked the depth of MW even better that Platinum. S100, on the other hand, is about as deep as MW, but "brighter."

Am I just infatuated with the latest iteration on my quest for perfection, or do my reactions run true to other`s experiences?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel....
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve noticed the same thing with respects to Moose Wax and S100. Moose Wax has a slightly deeper look (eg, black looks blacker) while S100 looks brighter. I guess your preference would depend on what look you like.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in a search for a carnauba topper for my Zaino`d offwhite Jaguar. Was leaning toward P21s/S100. But now you all have me considering MooseWax. Scottwax, it sounds like you have been using both and treating lots of different cars. Which do you think gives white a deeper/wetter look?

Or is this just a really STUPID question??

Post Thanks / Like
    See "S100 on White" in this forum. You should have no doubts after seeing the pix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`ve been watching that one closely. Which is what almost had me ready to buy S100. But now Scottwax has me looking at VM & Moosewax. Aw shucks! Decisions, decisions .... But wait! I know!! I`m an Autopian, right? So I`ll just buy both. After all, it`s only money.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t go wrong with either! Vanilla Moose, though, will probably do some harm to the Zaino. Moose Wax, a "cleaner" wax may do the Zaino some damage as well.

Like you say, this is a fun avocation for some of us amateurs.

Post Thanks / Like
    eeeeeeeeeeyikes!!! Never even thought of that, Rayjicka! Thanks for the caution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynn,

Yeah, I`m still a noob...but i`ll add in my $.02 anyways...

I have had awesome results topping Zaino with S100...i know many people haven`t...something about each product cancelling out its characteristics, but *I`m* very happy with that combination...

anyways, I too had the same dilemma...S100 or Moose wax...after reading just about every thread regarding Moose Wax, one particularly caught my attention..."Moose Wax will remove all of the other wax and polish it is on top of even carnauba" (Everett)...I guess that line pretty much answered my question...whether it`ll remove Zaino or not I`m really not sure of, but I do know that I don`t want to harm my Zaino base...

in any case here`s the thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...e+remove+zaino

(P.S. the reply was in DennisA`s post)

hope this helps some...

ryan

Thread Information