The OEM Polished Forged M3 wheels on my Bimmer were badly neglected by the previous owner. Before I started cleaning them, the back sides were thickly covered with baked-on brake dust and road debris. The front sides were covered with small dark spots.

I started cleaning the wheels with BMW Wheel Cleaner, which I heard is relabeled P21S. (Anyone care to verify that?) I used three bottles and had to scrub multiple applications vigorously with a brush to get through the baked on crud. When I was done, the wheels were still covered on the front with small dark spots and on the back with grease smudges.

I tried to remove the spots and smudges using Castrol Super Clean, which is a biodegradable liquid degreaser. This worked only on the grease smudges. It didn`t have any effect whatsoever on the spots.

I heard about Oil-Flo Safety Solvent Cleaner on Car Care Specialties Online and The Ultimate Garage. I decided to give it a try. What a fantastic product! I applied it with household paper towel and worked it over the surface of the wheels with a wooden popsicle stick. Wood is just the right hardness to remove the baked-on spots without scratching the clearcoat. I used only about an ounce of Oil-Flo to clean all four wheels. They look like new.

I highly recommend this product. It has lots of uses in addition to cleaning wheels. For more information, take a look at the web site of Titan Laboratories. The link is http://www.titanlabs.net/oilflo.htm.

If you want to purchase the product, can call their 800 number to find a local distributor. Hint: Ask for a janitorial supplier, because there are lots of them around. If you say you are using it for auto detailing, they`ll direct you to a single source.