Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got a chance to try it this weekend on 2 different cars:

My 3 year old accord (plastic is pretty immaculate in and out)

My friend`s `96 Civic Coupe (some of the plastic is pretty mouldy, especially the roof strips)

Fantastic stuff :xyxthumbs

I initially sprayed it straight out of the bottle onto the dash (per instructions) but found this to be messy and uneven, so replaced this method with spraying directly onto a MF and wiping on, then wiping off with a dry MF.

At first I thought it looked greasy when it was spraying out but once on the dash it was perfect.

Application was great. Previously I was using Megs natural shine which applied (IMHO) not so great, but 303 just went on like water :up

Not really shiny as such, just seemed to darken everything and produce a certain richness which made plastic look almost new again

The main thing I noticed was that rather than going on like a top layer (like some products) it seemed to absorb into the plastic. Maybe this was my imagination or maybe it is because 303 is water-based, I dont know :nixweiss

On my car it looked fantastic and added an extra `something` to it.

On my friend`s car, the previously mouldy roof strips were given a new lease of life. Not a complete change but then I didnt expect it to, as the plastic is too far gone. He was quite sceptical and said he would give me Ă‚£5 if I turned all his horrible grey plastics into rich darkness....

He owes me some money

Overall - 10/10 :xyxthumbs

My only problem now is the actual cost of the product! Ă‚£10 for the smallest 8oz size bottle over here (which equates to about $16 in the US!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow . . . 303 isn`t cheap here in the States, but $16/8 oz. is pretty steep. Here`s one tip that may save you a few pennies: I found I was using way too much 303 when I tried to apply with a MF towel . . . it just absorbed too much. I had good luck using a clean Eagle One tire swipe instead. It`s a good shape for getting in corners and around contours in the door panels and dash, and the foam holds the 303 without absorbing it (just squeeze the applicator against the surface being treated to coax out more 303). Foam paint applicators (looks like a grey foam sponge on a stick) are also handy for getting into hard-to-reach areas. Spray a small amount directly into the applicator (touch the spray nozzle to the foam, and spray slowly so that the applicator sucks up the liquid), apply, and buff with a soft towel to even the gloss.

The first time I did my interior, I used MF and probably close to four ounces of 303, and I swear about three of those were trapped in the MF towel. Since I switched to foam, I use much, much less and get similar results.

Remember, a penny saved . . . is a penny that you can spend on more detailing stuff :up

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip :xyxthumbs

Unfortunately EO tire swipes is another luxury over here

Would regular dish washing sponges do (I can cut them up into shape as well)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use dish washing sponges - works great.

How does this 303 compare to Autoglym, One Grand plastic polish or Wack`s polish? Have you tried One Grands DIY, it stinks but is great stuff.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used any of those products unfortunately Steve

I was very tempted by the Dr Wack stuff with the included applicator (jojoba oil :p ).

Rich is the man to ask as I know he has definately used Autoglym. When I asked him he said he prefered the 303 and would use the Autoglym for his engine bay

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NickATRvtec

I use Surgical Scrub Brush - Sponge/Nail Cleaner. It`s the best foam ever.The Sponge is for single use only.

If You have any friends in Medical office...

Serg Conon
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Whats up? I used 303 for the first time on Friday 24/03.

I liked the way it went on and the finished product was great. The only bad thing was the price. $14.95 for a small bottle. The only place here that i can find that sells it is Zellars. IMO this stuff smells exactly the same as Armoural, and in my opion it goies on pretty much the same. Same smell and same texture. However I think that the 303 looks really sharp. BUT is it worth the money???????? Armoural is pretty close for lessthan half!!!!!!!

Now I just hav eto see how the 303 lasts as compared to teh armoural...........lol

........................Clint

P.S sorry for the spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, brought the 303 for the rea spoiler on my car. It was smooth autoglym vynal and rubber would streak in the rain, bumper care gel is better on textured sufaces, wouldnt work on the spoiler to smooth. I use this just ound my mirrors. The spray ( puple label in aerosol) is good but no control to apply to the spolier ( just use this in my black front bumper insert grille.

303 is not as glossy as autoglym viynal and rubber, so i now use it as the first coats to protect all the underbonnet plastic and then apply the autoglym ontop for the gloss.

Inside i like the glossy finish autoglym gives, so will continue to use that.

On the plus side the 3033 will not streak in rain, beads water like wax on the rear spolier and has lasted at least four washes and the spolier still looks great,

The problem is i now use four products on the plastic for different jobs!!!!

Plus Autoglym tyre dressing on the tyres!!!

For a non glossy, non marking or streaking finish this stuff is A1, just prefer the look of other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NickATRvtec

I cut up normal car wash sponges to apply autoglym bumper care and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am never going to be rich reading about nice products. I need to go and buy some 303 very soon. Then I will write about how it compares to One Grand and Wack.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    ha all i need now is some plexus, or megs plastic polishes for my clear plastic head and fog lights!!!

now do the blitz and wack compare to glym?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz is the wax Rich :p

Steve, I would be interested to know your opinions on the One Grand and Wack products, on their own and vs Autoglym and 303.

Was looking at my friend`s coupe last night and the plastic wing mirrors look absolutely fantastic :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol! yeah sorry the one grand vs autoglym!!!!!!

Hey did i say may be trading the pug in on sat for a new r32 golf!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm, no :nixweiss

But... :shocked nice car Rich :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    I See what the deal is on sat, will keep you informed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information