Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Orange Power Pads and must say I am pleased with the quality and construction. I have yet to use them so I can`t say how well they work just yet. The foam is dense and is almost like a memory foam (you push on it with your finger and it slowly comes to form again). The velcro padding on the back is high quality as said on CMA`s website. Sorry, this is all I can offer for now but I wanted to get a thread started for those who ordered the pads wanting to write a review and those who are thinking about purchasing them.

-Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the UPS guy today so I have to wait until 2morrow to get my paws on my pads...lol
    2002 Ford Escape Xlt True Blue, Goodyear Forteras and Tekno Rims

Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my oarange pads today as well. I was hoping to use them this weekend, but 20 degrees is not detailing weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m so upset, I still have not been able to use my pads! Only two more months...WHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!:doh

-Brian, who wishes he migrated south for the winter!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is all that is keeping me from trying my new orange pads and a little more Z.....

Hmm...maybe tomorrow???? Na......
    2002 Ford Escape Xlt True Blue, Goodyear Forteras and Tekno Rims

Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the diff between the orange pad and the white pad?? I have the white and yellow as part of the CMA kit. Is the orange less or more abrasive???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Pat,

See this webpage for the scoop: http://www.properautocare.com/orangepowerpad.html

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two of the orange pads. They are good and a bit more agreesive than the yellow ones. With a PC set at 5 and some 3M Fine Compound you will remove minor scratches and swirls. It did leave some haze that needed to be buffed out with some SMR.
    - - -

2001 Black Corvette Coupe, 99 Black VW New Beetle, 98 Silver ML320, 2003 Vulcan Classic 1600 MC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow up to my above post.

I just got back from purchasing some 3M Perfect III - Machine and Final Glaze. This stuff is expensive!

Anyway, one of my orange pads is starting to not work very well. After using it about 10 times, it getting stiff and makes the PC shake a bit too much.

On the VW door, using the orange pad, the PIII- Machine stuff and a setting of 4 on the PC, it took out all swirl marks completely but did leave noticable haze. I really did not expect this and I think the orange pad is what`s doing that. It`s just seem to cut more and more the older it gets.

This haze came right out with the PIII-Final Glaze and a black CMA pad. So far, this combination has been best (for me).

I`m not so sure I like the orange pads as they get older. Hopefully others can comment.
    - - -

2001 Black Corvette Coupe, 99 Black VW New Beetle, 98 Silver ML320, 2003 Vulcan Classic 1600 MC.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by COEX-PILOT

On the VW door, using the orange pad, the PIII- Machine stuff and a setting of 4 on the PC, it took out all swirl marks completely but did leave noticable haze. I really did not expect this and I think the orange pad is what`s doing that.

Have you tried the same product on another spot with different pad? That would certainly tell if it`s the pad or product. If you`re using a compound or fine-cut cleaner I think it would leave a haze irregardless of the pad used. Typically have to follow up those products with a lighter polish/smr like Meg`s Swirl Free or 3M SMR.

I`ve not used any of the CMA pads so I give you any experiences there. I use all Meg`s pads and just received a few AutoInt pds.

Be interested to see what the outcome and final judgement is.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of MEG pads, has anyone found local sorces for these? I have checked Pep Boys, Auto Zone, NAPA, and the other Auto (something or other) and none carry them. That`s here in the north Atlanta area.
    - - -

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by COEX-PILOT

Speaking of MEG pads, has anyone found local sorces for these? I have checked Pep Boys, Auto Zone, NAPA, and the other Auto (something or other) and none carry them. That`s here in the north Atlanta area.
    Have you checked the Meguiar`s website? They should have a dealer locator on their site that can offer some other stores (probably body shop supply stores).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Have you tried the same product on another spot with different pad? That would certainly tell if it`s the pad or product.

Be interested to see what the outcome and final judgement is.

I have the answerl it`s the PAD. If I use the white pad that came with the PC, the results are terrific!! I also found that slowing down the PC also helped!

I finally found the combination to remove (not hide) all the scratches, swirls etc. I`m really excited!

I`m going to try the orange pads one more time at a much slower speed (like 2) instead of the 3/4 setting.

NattyBumppo, I know you were following this over on the other board and I`m just about there with this Vette. Current photo of work in progress!
    - - -

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to reiterate what COEX-PILOT said regarding the 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze, I have been using it for about a year now with the CMA yellow pad and it does a phenomenal job of actually removing, not just hiding, swirl marks and scratches. There is no hazing at all with the yellow pad either. This is seriously great stuff.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Malibu

Just to reiterate what COEX-PILOT said regarding the 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze, I have been using it for about a year now with the CMA yellow pad and it does a phenomenal job of actually removing, not just hiding, swirl marks and scratches. There is no hazing at all with the yellow pad either. This is seriously great stuff.

Mike
    which yellow pad are you using...where in NH can I get one? Does it really take the swirls out or do they come back after a few washings? Are you using this step after compounding? What are you compounding with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information