Post Thanks / Like
    I recently was sent a sample of Super Shine`s Looks Wet No Mess Tire Shine in an Aerosol Can.

Their webpage is http://www.supershinedetail.com/

I wasn`t too thrilled about it being in an Aerosol can because of the threat of overspray. When I first started spraying though I was impressed by how tight the spray pattern was, how fine the particles were, and how, even in a slight breeze, there wasn`t too much overspray! After applying the dressing I inspected my wheels and couldn`t see any overspray. There was a slight amount of overspray I could see while spraying the dressing on though that might get on wheels so if you have chrome wheels that could be a problem.

I first cleaned the tires well, let them dry and applied the dressing to them. At first I didn`t really know how to go about applying it with a spray but I did my best. I`ve now been told to work the tire in rings. I`ve since used that method and it works well. I think the first time I applied I put the dressing on way to thick.

After I finished apply it the dressing seemed to produce a really high gloss finish but it soon fade away some to reveal a nice, black tire. The kind of look I like! I hate those thick, greasy finishes.

Now, the surface of the tire didn`t seem to dry complete. If I touched it, then I got the greasy feel on my hands. I could live with that though. Now though, I am worried about dust attraction because of the greasy feeling still left on the tires. It has been somewhat wet recently though so I haven`t been able to test that out yet. I will say the tires still look clean though.

So far I have not noticed any browning on my tires!

Their claim of no fling off is also true. I haven`t noticed any fling off at all.

I`ve also had problems with dressings in the past radiating out as you drive. It is hard to describe. Kind of like the tire spins so fast the dressing smears to the outside of the tire. You know what I mean?

Here is a picture by Shiny LiL Delr to help illustrate what I was talking about. I don`t know if this is dressing on his tire but you can see the dark streaks running from the wheel to the edge of the tire. In this pic it looks like water but I`ve had dressing get that same effect before.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attach...&postid=157313

Their Dressing did NOT do what I mentioned above so I was very happy.

I`ve also been told you can wipe the tire down after a week and it`ll look good again. I haven`t had time to test this out but when I get a chance I will

Now, number of applications out of a can. I am not sure about this. After the first application the can felt a lot lighter. I think it is because I applied the dressing so thickly. I`ve so far done two complete applications out of the can. I`ll probably be able to get a third out of it. I was told 4 or 5 apps per can.

The cost of this product is quite high though. 4 cans w/ shipping comse to $30.95. If you get 4 apps per can that is 16 complete applications. It comes to $7.73 per can and about $1.93 per application.

For a case of 12 it is $65.95 w/ shipping. That is 5.49 per can and about $1.37 per application.

Here is the best pic I could take. I have a hard time taking pictures of my wheels.

I`ll post with any more info I think of or anything new I notice.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I tried his method of wiping the tire down again after a week and it really works. The little bit of dirt on the tire is gone now and the tire is again nice and black. Pretty cool.

Wiping the tire down also removed that greasy residue on the tire. I wonder how long it`ll last now after a wipe down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Intel I received a sample of the Super Shine tire dressing. I agree with his comments about the appearance - black and glossy but not greasy appearing.

Even though the product is made to spray on the tires I altered these directions and apply with a tire swap. I sprayed a small amount on the swipe and apply like I would a tire lotion (Meg`s Endurance). This allows for a very thin and controlled application. I worked the product into the rubber and allowed to dry. Works very well via the swipe method. By using a swipe the number of applications seems endless. I can concur with rejuveniation of gloss by re-wiping tires ( same swipe). Unable to comment on weathering effect of the product yet but will test on the LS400, which is driven in bad weather, when I get a chance to clean tires and apply properly. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

You might want to also check out Tim at http://www.tacscar.com/ He also sells the Looks Wet No Mess Tire Shine. Tim told me that this is now his favorite tire dressing...:xyxthumbs

Thanks for the review, I will be purchasing some to try out soon.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Like Intel I received a sample of the Super Shine tire dressing. I agree with his comments about the appearance - black and glossy but not greasy appearing.

Even though the product is made to spray on the tires I altered these directions and apply with a tire swap. I sprayed a small amount on the swap and apply like I would a tire lotion (Meg`s Endurance). This allows for a very thin and controlled application. I worked the product into the rubber and allowed to dry. Works very well via the swap method. By using a swap the number of applications seems endless. I can concur with rejuveniation of gloss by re-wiping tires ( same swap). Unable to comment on weathering effect of the product yet but will test on the LS400, which is driven in bad weather, when I get a chance to clean tires and apply properly. :wavey

I wondered how well it work work with applying it with an applicator instead of spraying it.

If it works well, then I wonder why Super Shine doesn`t sell it in gallon jugs for people. If it wasn`t too expensive, then I`d probably use it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also got a sample of the Super Shine Tire Dressing and some other Super Shine stuff. Cant wait to try them
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Intel486

I wondered how well it work work with applying it with an applicator instead of spraying it.

If it works well, then I wonder why Super Shine doesn`t sell it in gallon jugs for people. If it wasn`t too expensive, then I`d probably use it!
    [/QUOTE

Never forget we are either car care hobbyist or professional detailers. The average car owner is looking for the easiest and quickest method to detail their vehicles. What is faster than spraying a tire glosser. Hell, most people do not even known what a tire swipe is. Look around at other people`s vehicles next time you are out driving.. We are a minority

Post Thanks / Like
    I used some of this on my truck yesterday and I was out last night with a friend who hates Ford. He usually has to make comments about my truck... usually negative ones. He wants a Corvette bad but drives a... Ford Tarus

As we were walking to my truck he did comment on how nice the tires looked and wanted to know what dressing I had on them. First time he`s made a comment about my tire dressing so I guess this stuff really does look great!

I`ll have to try to get a better picture of this stuff on a tire as my first pic does not do it justice.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are on two weeks with this stuff and 295 miles. Tires are still black.

Two days ago I wiped the tires down with a dry, clean towel and it did bring back the shine. Really liked it.

Tonight I told my friend that it was a dressing I was testing out. He commented about how he noticed my tires were staying black longer. He figured I was just putting more tire dressing on every few days and not washing my truck...

It has also been two weeks and 295 miles since I`ve washed my truck :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys want to save some money, buy stoner. It`s half the price and better stuff. I no the guy who runs this business and he tries to copy all of Stoners items. He does the same thing with his window cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Auto Care USA

Hey guys want to save some money, buy stoner. It`s half the price and better stuff. I no the guy who runs this business and he tries to copy all of Stoners items. He does the same thing with his window cleaner.

I`m actually wanting to see how many people like the one Eagle One tire dressing. You can get 5 gallons for $50 @ your door. That is a great deal!

I tried his window cleaner out. It does a good job but it really smells like alcohol. Pro`s Glass Cleaner is cheap, doesn`t take a lot per window, and doesn`t give off any smell you can notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the looks wet tire dressing better than stoners, The stoners oversprays worse when spraying outside, and doesnt have the shine the dealers like. Just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486

I`m actually wanting to see how many people like the one Eagle One tire dressing. You can get 5 gallons for $50 @ your door. That is a great deal!

I tried his window cleaner out. It does a good job but it really smells like alcohol. Pro`s Glass Cleaner is cheap, doesn`t take a lot per window, and doesn`t give off any smell you can notice.

I`ve used Eagle One`s tire shine in an aerosol. For the price, you cannot beat it. Does not sling off, applies very easily, leaves your tires black, or glossy, pending how you like them, and the can lasts for more than 6 applications at least. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anymore in the local stores, they don`t carry it.

If anyone cares to, try out Tacco Magic. I haven`t found a better aeresol tire shine yet. Very fine and precise stream, antistatic, no sling, stays black long, and smells good too!

Post Thanks / Like
    i reall y like all of this stuff.... i use it on my dodge truck and all my bikes...

Thread Information