Post Thanks / Like
    I first washed at the Spray Car Wash (sprayer in one hand, wash mitt in other). This was a trip - I think I spent $10 in Quarters. Never washed a car so fast in my life. This drought is killing me.

Anyway I wanted to try out the new Blackfire. I also had some PPCL from the Sov. kit I bought a while back. After the wash I clayed with Clay Magic. Next I applied the PPCL via PC w/white pad. The PC worked very well and beats the heck out the B&D I use on the truck. The PPCL seemed to only polish. It did very little to even minor swirls. 3M SMR would be my choice next time. The paint now looked shiny and wet. Next, I applied AIO by hand. I`m still not sure if I needed to use the AIO or not. I did since I wasn`t sure if the PPCL fillers would affect the BF2. Finally I applied the BF2 by hand using the dry foam pad. This is no joke - this stuff goes a long way. I could not believe how much coverage I would get from just a small drop. I covered the hood easily with a nickel size amount if not less. I then put a second coat on the hood, roof, and trunk. It spread very easy and removal (w/MF`s) was mostly easy. I did this in the garage so I backed the car out and checked for any remaining residues in better light (as I would do w/SG). I found a few areas where it seemed to have `smeared` - similiar to SG. I slightly dampened a MF with distilled water and took care of them. The surface was shiny and very slick - probably the slickest I`ve experienced after waxing.

My conclusions:

PPCL - I`ll decide after I compare it to 3M SMR.

PC - :up

BF2 - Removal was certainly easier than SG with little wait/dry time (which is what I was looking for) but I was hoping it would be even easier (Platinum was easier). The look reminds me of SG with a little more shine. It rained this morning and it mostly beaded, with larger beads than the #26 on my truck. I`m glad it rained as I`ll have a reference point to measure durability from. I`ll report back in Jan. or Feb.

Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxshine,

Thanks for the info. I tried the new BF over the weekend also and a few of the stuff you reported seem to mirror my experiences also. However, I was lucky enough to have a relatively warm day on Sunday so I didn`t quite have the same minor smearing as you did.

Originally posted by maxshine

The surface was shiny and very slick - probably the slickest I`ve experienced after waxing.

I couldn`t agree more! I think it might very well be slicker than Zaino..

Post Thanks / Like
    3M SMR to remove swirls

PPCL to add richness to the shine.

Klasse AIO for a sturdy and clean base

Blackfire Paint Protectant.

Adding a paint cleansing lotion under the Prep Layer increases the shine and clarity of reflections. See a variation under properautocare.com and Staff Recommendations.

I had wonderful success with

#9 version 2.0 Swirl mark Remover

S100 Gloss Enhancing Cleaner

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Blackfire Paint Protectant.

Looks better that just using the prep layer alone.
    The perfect shine is

pure satisfaction.

Thread Information