Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Einszett...

Post Thanks / Like
    call the big distributors like cma,carecar online and ask which QD`s are water based and alchol free .I am not positive but meg final inspection might also be one for glanz kudos on the shine drew
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review thanks drew! :wavey
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments!

You guys are seriously the only people who appreciate it. Everyone else just thinks I`m obsessive-compulsive.

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading some of the great reviews here and on one of the VW pages I frequent, I decided to give the Einszett products a try.

The car is a 2002 VW Passat in Silverstone Gray (darker metallic gray) that I`ve tried to keep as pristine as possible with all the advice I`ve gotten here on Autopia. Unfortunately I don`t have a garage, so it has to live outside and I can`t detail it on a regular basis (usually only once a month).

I`ve been using S100 Paint Cleaner and S100 Carnuba which gave all the great results evryone raves about (slickness, depth, ease of application, etc ) but in my situation, durability is an issue. With winter coming, I needed to get a good protectant on there that would last.

Enter Einszett. I started with Metallic Polish applied by hand. As Drewski noted, it`s easy to work with, left a great shine and was easy to buff off. Left a great surface for the Glanz Wax. The Glanz Wax is a wierd product, almost like water. Applied it with a foam applicator, let sit for 1 min and buff off with an MF. The stuff goes on and buffs off so easilly, it`s rediculous.....even easier than S100. It only took 25 minutes to do the whole car. It doesn`t stain black trim, so even a monkey could get good results. The only downside is the stuff stinks bad.....like chemicals!!!! I think I got a little high during the whole process and had a little headache afterwards.

Results - Water beads up better than anything I`ve ever used. As for the look, I think I like the S100 better, but it`s a real toss up. I think you get more depth with S100, but the Einszett is a little more reflective. If the durability holds up anywhere near to their claims of lasting 5-6 months, coupled with the ease of application, I think I`ve found a product for the long haul. I`ll let you know how the durabiltiy holds up over the winter.

Now if they could only get it to some major distributors so it would be easier to find.....

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that review. I (actually my wife) has the same car - 2002 VW Passat in Silverstone Grey. (Are you on ClubB5?) I just bought some Einszett to try out on it and my Milano Red 1994 Civic. Judging by your experience, looks like I`m in for an easy time with good results.

By the way, has anyone verified a list of non-alcohol-based quick detailers? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know which QDs contain alcohol, I specifically asked Mike from Einszett whether I could use One Grand Show Off, and he said it would be fine.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    mpauly, or anybody else, I read this somewhere, but it it true that we cannot layer einszett? That all we need is just one coating? Is there anyone who has topped glanz with a carnauba? Thanks.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ashsarna

mpauly, or anybody else, I read this somewhere, but it it true that we cannot layer einszett? That all we need is just one coating? Is there anyone who has topped glanz with a carnauba? Thanks.

I think that it has been discussed before. Someone had a correspondance with Mike from Einszett and IIRC, he stated it could not, nor did it need to be layered. He did say it could be topped with a carnuba though (I think Drewski is trying that now).

Just from the caustic smell of the glanz wax, I think it would problably remove (partially if not totally) the previous layer.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    oooops!! I found the thread Mpauly that you were talking about. Thanks for the reply anyways.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an e-mail from Mike at Einszett. All the quick detailers that he knows of contain some alcohol. As for their effect on the Glanz Wax, he says that it may "reduce the gloss somewhat but it will not completely remove it."

He also suggested a way of formulating your own QD - 16 oz of filtered water and a few drops of car shampoo. I`m a cheap-skate, so I find that very interesting. I wonder if that would be any more/less likely to scratch than commercial QDs. Opinions?

As an aside, I`m amazed at how responsive Mike is. He was very helpful in a lengthy detailing thread on a VW forum and he replied to my e-mail in just a few hours! I hope Einszett N.A. can keep up the great customer relations as they expand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by P_S_Chang1

He also suggested a way of formulating your own QD - 16 oz of filtered water and a few drops of car shampoo. I`m a cheap-skate, so I find that very interesting. I wonder if that would be any more/less likely to scratch than commercial QDs. Opinions?

I`ve done that a few times with both Z-7 and OG`s Wash N`Wax with pretty decent results (works best with Z-7 on a Z`d car) .....but you won`t get the same rejuvination in slickness you`ll get with regular QD. I primarily use this shampoo formula for the emergency bottle I keep in my trunk to use when I get bird poo or other stuff on my car. For normal detailing, I only use regular QD. In terms of lubricity, I would say that normal QD would be the clear winner.

Also, I completely disagree with Mike on the issue of whether or not QD spray will reduce the gloss on a coat of 1Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mpauly

He did say it could be topped with a carnuba though (I think Drewski is trying that now).

Just from the caustic smell of the glanz wax, I think it would problably remove (partially if not totally) the previous layer.

Mike

Well, I actually passed on the carnauba thing. Will maybe try it again later.:nixweiss

On my color, I prefer the Z shine to 1-z. But just before I`m going to strip my hood w/alcohol, I put Platinum on one side. Just wanted to test it, too.

BTW, it`s almost 2 months w/Einszett...and it`s still beading quite well.:xyxthumbs Mike did say that it couldn`t be layered.

Durability seems like a non-issue, though.

As for the shine(extended report), it doesn`t have the dramatic results that Zaino/p21s/s100 give you. It just looks okay.

It has some depth, but nothing like s100/p21s. And it has sharp reflections, but nothing like Zaino. In many lighting conditions, it just looks bland. Also, it doesn`t retain its shine long-term like Zaino does. I noticed diminished results after just two washes!

Oh well, it was worth a try, right?? I`ll keep you guys updated up until I reapply Zaino.

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Drewski59, testing Platinum against einszett sounds INTERESTING!! I would appreciate an update on this experiment (only till you go back to Zaino of course). The platinum, is it the updated formula?:up
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information