Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After i first tried it out today i proceeded to throw out all my other quick detailers. Meguires made it feel smooth, but it felt as if some of the wax coating was removed. The SS really gave my blitz a renewed feel, enriched. I highly recomend this for anyone who uses carnuba wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    SS is My Favorite:up :xyxthumbs
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, i was really impressed with the cotton towels i got with the SS, probably the nicest ive used next to microfibre. Im definently gonna try some more of their stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots make some good products expensive but if you want to pay more well worth it............................Try there carnuba its a reall good product

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Griot`s SS for the past couple of years now and I think it beats the other QDs on the market hands down. On the IASCA circuit you are always detailing your car before and at a show. One day one of my friends ran out of Mothers/Meguires QD (can`t remember which) and asked to borrow what I was using. So I gave him the SS. He was a little hesitant at first since he never heard of Griots but as soon as he finished his car he was hooked. Good stuff there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Speed Shine on my 4Runner only when I use the Porter Cable and the claybar in it`s holder for the PC.

Great stuff, and it wipes off very easy.

I follow up with Griot`s Best Of Show wax afterwards, and that is all I use to keep the rig looking nice.

Here is a pic from May right after I got done with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree they are expensive on some items, but the SS comes in a 35oz. bottle for $10! About 2 1/2 times as much as Meguiars. Plus Speed Shine can be bought by the Gallon!:xyxthumbs
    David

2008 MINI Clubman S

2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to agree with Griot`s SS. Great stuff. Have been using it for several years and will not use anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    >SS
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed Shine is great. I first purchase some over a year ago, but only recently started using it on a "regular" basis. I use it to clean off bird droppings and other road gunk.

I also use it after every wash. It seems to refresh and renew the Griot`s Best of Show Wax between waxes. I can really see the difference after a wash/SS followed by rain. It just plain makes the Montero look better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used Griot`s SS but we split a hood into sections and did a quick detail showdown. Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe came out first. It was easy to wipe off and made the surface the slickest. Meguiar`s Final Inspection was second. Then Mothers Show time.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Griots Speed Shine

~One man’s opinion / observations~

I agree Griot’s Speed Shine is on of the better QDs around (concourse entrants seem to like Griot’s products despite the high costs involved, especially the shipping)

If you favour Carnauba wax, to achieve the ultimate depth of colour, the most spectacular wet-look shine, and maximize longevity of waxed surface - apply a liquid wax (Griot’s Best of Show Wax) over an application of a paste wax (Groit’s Carnauba Wax) awesome results

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Speed Shine a couple of years ago as part of their "Starter" kit with their clay. I wasn`t at all familiar with the concept of QD`s then so I left it on the shelf and 18 months later it had evaporated! Keep meaning to order some but when I ordered this kit from Griots it took about 3 months to arrive.

Things may have changed so I might just order some again - 2004 resolution was to try more products, particulary QD`s!
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    I too like the SS on carnaubas. It *DOES* leave something (presumably wax) on the finish, you can tell by the way the treated area beads differently, even after a not-too-aggressive wash. *I* like it a better than EF`s Clear Pearl, but I sorta like Quik Shine (sp?) on carnaubas too.

I use a lot of FI/#34, but I like it better as a "polishing aid" than as a QD. Seems too hard on whatever`s on the paint, probably due to its alcohol content.

AndyC- Funny that your SS evaporated; I have some that`s a few years old and it`s still fine. Some of my *OLD* SS (back when they called it Quick Shine) sorta turned weird (all watery and thin), but that stuff must be at least five years old. Some of my FI turned watery/clear after a few years too...Guess I oughta quit buying the stuff and start USING it more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator - it was left in a garden shed through 2 year`s high & lows temparature-wise so this may be why it happened. Plus I never used it after initially using it with the Griots clay.
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information