Post Thanks / Like
    Like the subject says they now carry MF towels at Costco. If you do not have one near you it is basically a volume discount type place where you have to pay a membership fee. I am wondering if they will pop up at other places like Sam`s Club??

So back to the towels they are an 80/20 blend made in China. They come in spiffy pastel colors(great for the wife ). The plushness is OK, probly cause they are only $1.25 each. I would rate them as similair to the NicSand ones maybe slightly more plush. Size is 14x16" each.

I have them planned for use in the doorsill/underhood type of areas. The real flaw is that on two edges there is a huge seamed border. About a 1/4" in size. Odd but only on two sides.

A great alternative to getting my nice JT, CMA, YoSteve, and Griot`s towels all grungy. Or like stated above to keep the wife from stealing yours.

The manufacturers webasite isMicrofiber Unlimited

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    not a great towel but a good towel for .75 cents moreper towel you can get a better product DONT CHEAP OUT WHEN IT COMES TO MF TOWELS YOU WILL BE SORRY

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that these are good for door sills, under hoods, rims, etc... i would NOT use these things on your paint though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search on these towels as they have been reviewed before....I have them included in the "great towel debate"

They are great around the house and such....they are a bit tougher than the nicsands IMO....not bad for a $1.25...not foir use on paint unless it is the refridgerator.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a rule of thumb, most MF products made in china are not usually of the best quality. Most of the better MF or biocomponent fibers are usually produced in places such as USA, Europe, Japan and Korea. While many (this is all relative) companies can make a splittable segmentable biocomponent fiber (that`s MF to you and me) it`s how the raw biocomponent fiber is treated after the original that will help create a quality MF product.

I`m assuming that most people have seen the MF illustrations showing the grapefruit like internal construction of the MF strand. Bicomponent fibers are "co-extruded" with two different polymers in the cross section. This allows the fiber to use the properties of both materials, and vastly expands the array of possible fiber performance characteristics. The biocomponent fibers, that we`re most familiar with, come in two different flavours which are 80/20 or 70/30. These ratios refer to the percentage of poylester and polyamides contained in the biocomponent fiber. The poylester provides the cleaning/scraping qualities and the polyamide provides the water absorbancy. Well, by now, some of you have started to get a glaze on the old eye balls so I`ll make this fairly quick. The finally step in creating quality biocomponent fibers is a process called Hydroentanglement. This is the process that actually splits the micro fiber into pieces, exposing the polyamide core and resulting in a better or less abrasive micro fiber.

Obviously, the hydroentanglement machines cost money to buy and run and apparently not every biocomponent fiber made goes through this process or spends the same amount of time going through this process. The application of the hydroentanglement process ultimately detemines the quality of the final product.

Well, how do YOU really tell which MF is better? The CD sratch test (posted somewhere in Autopia) is the probably easiest method in detemining the quality or lack of abrasiveness of the MF towel.

PS: I`m not in or from the textiles industry.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great deal for interior & glass cleaning towels.

I tried buffing off 303 Aerospace with a MF and really liked the effect, nice & even and low gloss. These towels sound perfect for that.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jimmyS

Sounds like a great deal for interior & glass cleaning towels.

Interior has smooth and clear plastic in parts, watch out. It may be okay for glass and hard dashboards, but radio face plates, speedo guages, interior wood trim, and chrome is definately not a place for these towels.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by YoSteve

Interior has smooth and clear plastic in parts, watch out. It may be okay for glass and hard dashboards, but radio face plates, speedo guages, interior wood trim, and chrome is definately not a place for these towels.

For the smooth interior plastic I use Meg`s #10 and a cotton cloth but thanks for the warning anyways.

Thread Information