Thread: Forever Black

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this product for the first time this week and I was very unhappy with "shoe polish like" applicator. I applied 2 coats according to the directions and I was not happy overall with the streaks in the side trim on my 2000 Chevy Blazer. My rear bumper looked considerably better and was it easier to apply the product to the larger area. I have received some positive feedback from others about the results, but I would like to see an easier way to apply this product for it to receive my endorsement. I would appreciate some feedbck about another bumper/trim dye Black Again. Any reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, tried Forever Black and didn`t like it. It looks "spotty" even after two applications.

Black Again changed it`s formula (& ownership) about a year and a half ago. I don`t care for the new formula which comes in the black bottles. It`s a dressing that`s almost a gel and seems to be loaded with silicone. It does not permanently re-dye faded trim. The old Black Again came in white bottles and was like a cream, which did an excellent job of making the trim look good and didn`t run onto the paint when it rained.

For interiors they make Something Else and, again, it`s a gel that seems loaded with silicone and dries to a very glossy finish. With the angle of the windshields in my Corvettes, the dash is so glossy that I get too much interior reflection off the glass and it hampers my vision when driving into the sun.

I`m currently using 303 for my exterior & interior trim until something better comes along.
    1999 Black Corvette Coupe

1993 Ruby Red Corvette Conv

2003 50th Anniv Corvette Conv

Post Thanks / Like
    That 50th anniversary Vette looks awesome in Road and Track. Good Luck.

P.S. I hope to purchase an early 90`s model ZR1 as my "garage queen" within the next year.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both, there are soem reviews , use the search.

I didn`t apply it correctly the first time, second time on and old worn bumper, it did a 90 percent turn around. , the person was amazed, and so were his friends but i thought i could do better

I really had to work it in ..my opinion, thats a product that needs to get better....303 is not a dye wouldn`t have worked..

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean,

Good luck on getting your ZR-1.... always wanted one of those.

For some good pics of the 50th anniversary vette, go to 50th Registry Website and click on the "pictures" link on the sidebar.

Regards,
    1999 Black Corvette Coupe

1993 Ruby Red Corvette Conv

2003 50th Anniv Corvette Conv

Thread Information