Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got a chance to try out the Platinum Paint Protection and Gloss Enhancer that Tim was nice enough to sample for FREE. I washed the car and clayed the paint with clay magic, a very easy procedure. Then I used Pinnacle Paint Cleaner Lotion (the old orange smelling one) to clean the paint. Now that my paint was squeaky clean, it was time for the Platinum Paint protection. It was really easy to apply and 30 minutes later it was a breeze to remove. In my opinion, this is the EASIEST product to remove compared to Blitz, Klasse AIO, SG and even Pinnacle Paste Glaz. I mean Platinum just came right off - no heavy duty rubbing, no difficult patches that required extra buffing- i didn`t even break a sweat! There was no left over "crust" like Blitz leaves after it dries. The shine is amazing, yeah i have a silver car so it does not reflect like red or black but i must say that the initial results look better than AIO/SG and just as good as Pinnacle paste glaz without the greasy feeling that I dislike during the application and removal of paste glaz. Since it was so easy to apply and remove, even if it lasts only a month, i wouldn`t hesitate to use it monthly. As far as the Gloss Enhancer, I tried it but it doesn`t seem to do much- after all the Platinum Paint Protection left such a great shine. I`ll try the gloss enhancer again but the real standout product is the Paint Protection. I am now wondering what to do with my Blitz, Klasse and Pinnacle Paste Glaz.... Guess I better change my signature :up :up :up

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I like about Platinum and Blackfire. They look just like you just waxed your car but the shine is deeper. IMO it looks like several layers of Klasse topped with Pinnacle. Very nice stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the Platinum wash, polish, and QD about a month ago and have used it on our black Avalanche. What I liked best was the amazing ease of application and removal, much easier than what I was used to with Klasse. It`s now been about 3 weeks, and the car still looks good but not as much so as it did the first week it was applied.

Call me crazy, but here`s what I have on the pure black paint:

Klasse AIO x 3

Klasse SG x 3

Platinum UPP x 6

I know, I know, a lot of layering, but so what! The only problem I`m noticing is that now with so many layers of polish on the car, a few light spider marks from washing have appeared, but they`re in one of the many layers and I keep wanting to add more. The car doesn`t look as good as it did when first applied, but it`s not bad. But then again, "not bad", while still pretty dang good in most people`s eyes, just doesn`t cut it for me and I`ve since ordered some Zaino.

I think Platinum is some very good stuff, I just don`t think I`ll be using it on our big black beast of a truck anymore. Zaino is next, and I`ll keep using my Klasse AIO topped with Platinum on my customer`s cars! So far I`ve also used it on a 2000 sand colored Buick Century and a 1995 dark green Dodge Caravan, and both owners were shocked at how great their cars looked. One even swore that the color of the van had changed, and whatever I did to it was amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    CAN you put Platinum paint protection on top of a car waxed with carnuba?what size is the sample containers that the Platinum comes in?THANKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81

CAN you put Platinum paint protection on top of a car waxed with carnuba?
    ALAN81,

I believe it`s the other way around. You can put a carnauba on top of Platinum but you cannot put Platinum ontop of carnauba because it needs to bond to the paint layer, not a wax layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t really put anything on top of wax except for wax. The problem is that the wax isn`t going to shrink and grow with the car. When your car gets hot and it changes size with the heat, the wax will break down along with anything on top of it. That is what makes polymers so great. They are a lot more flexible than wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to use Plantinums QD....Ive had it on my Van for about 2 months now, still looks great... I was wash it about once a week and Qd`ing 2 to 3 times a week...makes a big difference...Qding really brought back the brightness..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I fully agree on using the Platinum QD! Having the Platinum on for about 2.5 weeks now, I`ve washed it weekly and was less than impressed with the somewhat dulled and not very slick afterwards results. But, I had never used the QD.

So, after washing with Platinum on Sunday night, I went out and used the QD last night. Wow! What a difference did it make! Not only did the original gloss and slickness return, but it`s the best QD I`ve ever used with no streaking or greasy lines.

Now I`m back to loving the Platinum, but have the Zaino I ordered last week! Oh well, I`ll give it another month or so and then the Zaino is going on!

Oh, by the way, still have 6 coats of Platinum on!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about some pictures of Platinum on your cars?

I am especially interested in what it looks like on top of SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here`s a link to an album I had started after first using the Platinum. There`s several pics of our black Avalanche after applying Platinum over the Klasse AIO & SG. Some are with 3 coats and some are after 5!

Enjoy:

Platinum on a Black Av

Pics 7-18 are with 3 coats and pics 24-27 are after 5 coats of Platinum. All over AIO x3 and SG x3, of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really nice. I think I will try it on top of my three coats of SG.

Thanks for the shots!

Post Thanks / Like
    The black Avalanche looks VERY GOOD!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez! I`ve been using nothing but Klasse and Platinum on our Avalanche and on detailing client`s cars. Now that I`ve mastered applying, washing, and QD`ing with Platinum, I`m quite satisfied but wonder just how much better it can get. But, I also have $60 worth of Zaino that I just had to have, but wonder when I`ll want to try it.

Thanks for the replies on the pictures! Both the owner (my mother, I`m 16) and me are happy with the look, but I still think there could be an even more awesome, wet, dripping, shine! That`s why I got the Zaino, even though it might be a while before I go stripping off 12 layers of expensive polish! Ahh, maybe in a month or so.

On each of the cars I`ve used the Klasse AIO and Platinum combination, all have been thrilled with the look!

Thread Information