Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also found trim shine at pep boys/auto zone as well. you can certainly wipe down the shine if you don`t like that `too glossy` appearance. I have been using for a while in my engine bay for my BMW and the Focus and lasts quite a while. Wiping the engine bay clean seems to be easier as well after an app of trim shine.

Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AlBoston

yea i found it locally @ CAP (consumer auto parts). It was 3.99. I checked the car yesterday, the shine diminished as it seemed to soak into the plastic. Looked like a brand new car!:xyxthumbs

Thanks....went to CAP at lunch today.....great selection of detailing products....I was very suprised.....picked up a couple cans of Trim Shine and will try it out soon! Thanks....

Originally posted by swhtech

Thanks....went to CAP at lunch today.....great selection of detailing products....I was very suprised.....picked up a couple cans of Trim Shine and will try it out soon! Thanks....

no prob, where in mass are you located. The CAP i go to (framingham near the T-station) has the best selection of detailing stuff that I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re kidding, right?? I live in Ashland, and I have never been to that CAP. I work in Bedford, so I went to a CAP in Lowell, which had a pretty good selection. I`ve always been disapointed that there was not a good auto parts store for detailing stuff near Ashland, so I thought! But now I know to go to CAP in downtown framingham. Where do you live?

Originally posted by swhtech

You`re kidding, right?? I live in Ashland, and I have never been to that CAP. I work in Bedford, so I went to a CAP in Lowell, which had a pretty good selection. I`ve always been disapointed that there was not a good auto parts store for detailing stuff near Ashland, so I thought! But now I know to go to CAP in downtown framingham. Where do you live?

Swtech, check your PMs :xyxthumbs

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So tell me...did you just spay this Trim Shine all over the engine bay or did you take time to wipe it on? I spent about an hour today detailing my truck`s engine compartment and I used SG (diluted about 5:1 and Meg`s Natural Shine. If I do say so myself, it came out great! The only thing is thought that instead of just sprying something on, I actually hand wiped everything I wanted to detail. Will this natural shine stuff be fine just spraying on the erngine bay? What about the belts? I don`t think you want to get this tuaff o any belts.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this all the time, i get in 5 gallon containers. great for just about everything that is rubber, plastic, vinyl.

It does leave a heavy shine but you can wipe it off if needed.

Great for the tires to, leaves a heavy shine and wont turn them brown

NYD

Post Thanks / Like
    To do the engine, i have the spray bottels and just spray the engine parts and let it sit and then do it again. no wiping ever,

it looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Lexus engine bay, Al sprayed the product directly onto the trim pieces. He told me that it has a pretty narrow stream.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please excuse me if this is a stupid question but.....since this Trim Shine (I recently picked up a can to try) seems to me to be Silicone Spray, does one need to be concerned about possible heat/ fire issues when using it in the engine compartment? I purchased it specifically to use in the engine compartment but when I tested it on mudflaps it sure seemed to me to be nothing more than silicone spray. :nixweiss
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe if I remember correctly, it is `indicated` for use in the engine bay. I have been using it in my compartment for a long time without any issues. I know lots of other older Autopia members who also have used STS without any issues that have been made aware to anyone on the forum regarding heat or fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information